Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Stuck in Fastboot/ bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Stuck in Fastboot/ bricked

Stuck in Fastboot/ bricked

Darylx
Darylx
Darylx
24-07-2021, 11:14 AM

I tried custom rom for my umidigi a9 pro and then I entered fastboot. The flashing process was complete but then the screen turned off. I thought it was normal and that I only have to restart it but now the phone won't turn on. Is it bricked? Or am I stuck in fastboot mode? How do I turn it on again? The screen won't turn on but it gets hot sometimes and I don't know why. I tried charging it and power button/volume button stuff but nope didn't turn the screen on. I hope someone could help me with this, it's okay if I would lose my personal data in my phone as long as the original rom and OS is back.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-07-2021, 09:49 AM
(24-07-2021, 11:14 AM)Darylx I tried custom rom for my umidigi a9 pro and then I entered fastboot. The flashing process was complete but then the screen turned off. I thought it was normal and that I only have to restart it but now the phone won't turn on. Is it bricked? Or am I stuck in fastboot mode? How do I turn it on again? The screen won't turn on but it gets hot sometimes and I don't know why. I tried charging it and power button/volume button stuff but nope didn't turn the screen on. I hope someone could help me with this, it's okay if I would lose my personal data in my phone as long as the original rom and OS is back.

when you connect the phone to the pc, what does it get detected as in device manager?
and have you tried flashing stock firmware using sp flash tool?
Darylx
Darylx
Darylx
27-07-2021, 03:59 AM
No, it doesn't appear in pc. It does make plugin/unplug sounds like when you plugin a flashdrive but it doesn't appear. And I think that's because it's in a black screen and won't turn on. Yes, that's what I actually did. I had the stock firmware flashed using sp flash tool. I read instructions that I needed to enter fastboot mode for it to work, so I did. During the flashing process, the pc did not detect my phone until I switched to fastboot mode. Then it happened. The screen turned black. I thought I just needed to restart it so it's back to normal but it won't turn on again.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
27-07-2021, 11:19 AM
(27-07-2021, 03:59 AM)Darylx No, it doesn't appear in pc. It does make plugin/unplug sounds like when you plugin a flashdrive but it doesn't appear. And I think that's because it's in a black screen and won't turn on. Yes, that's what I actually did. I had the stock firmware flashed using sp flash tool. I read instructions that I needed to enter fastboot mode for it to work, so I did. During the flashing process, the pc did not detect my phone until I switched to fastboot mode. Then it happened. The screen turned black. I thought I just needed to restart it so it's back to normal but it won't turn on again.
Flash stock firmware using sp flashtool see @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
Install Vcom drivers @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-07-2021, 12:19 PM

(27-07-2021, 03:59 AM)Darylx No, it doesn't appear in pc. It does make plugin/unplug sounds like when you plugin a flashdrive but it doesn't appear. And I think that's because it's in a black screen and won't turn on. Yes, that's what I actually did. I had the stock firmware flashed using sp flash tool. I read instructions that I needed to enter fastboot mode for it to work, so I did. During the flashing process, the pc did not detect my phone until I switched to fastboot mode. Then it happened. The screen turned black. I thought I just needed to restart it so it's back to normal but it won't turn on again.

disconnect/reconnect the battery of the device then retry flashing stock firmware using SP flash tool & mtk bypass @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html