Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android *New Oukitel WP5 - Android 10 --Root Help
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

*New Oukitel WP5 - Android 10 --Root Help

*New Oukitel WP5 - Android 10 --Root Help

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Enigmah313
Enigmah313
Enigmah313
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2021, 01:15 AM

(24-07-2021, 12:53 PM)X3non
(23-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Enigmah313 The build number was in my first post. Here it is below:
Build: V03_20210302

armed with this, you could try reaching out oukitel support, see if they can provide you with the exact firmware build OR you could backup firmware from a device having the same build (if you have access to another) then flash the boot.img from the backup

(23-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Enigmah313 from reading the file info: its android 10, version 9, dated 11/19/2020 9:29:03 pm ???

so it seems

(23-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Enigmah313 How is my phone a version 3 for the year 2021 but the Oukitel website has a version 9 for 2020???

the build number system is best known to the OEM, maybe the version number reboots for every new year

(23-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Enigmah313 I also attempted to fastboot flash the boot.img file from the official site (mentioned above) but it didn't change the bootloop at all.

if you're unable to get firmware for the exact build of your device, you could try flashing the full firmware from the official link (not boot.img only)

(23-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Enigmah313 I also attempted to remove the orange state/reboot from the phone by hex-decimal but the MT6761 is one of the versions that the 82xxxx cannot be found in the editor. So anyone with a similar chipset, it's a waste of time.

removing the warning won't stop bootloop (if the device is already stuck in bootloop)

(23-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Enigmah313 Question: isn't the recovery.img on the phone and boot.img the same image?

No, they're different

(23-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Enigmah313 is there a method using SP tools or similar software to copy/rip the recovery.img? Then flash the recovery.img within adb, to return it back to stock in a worst-case scenario? The phone hasn't been using yet, so I have no saved data.

you could backup recovery.img but at this point, it won't do any good

cheers, that was the first thing that i did and asked to speak to an engineer through the amazon seller. to date, the amazon seller stated the engineer says there is no software to date. i left it alone after that.

i dont have access to another phone...

never thought about that type of nomenclature, but that's not how you properly do things due to it being the same model of the device. im starting to believe these amazon phones are coming from private sweatshops in Shenzhen, which is common.

since it wont do any good, is it a wrap? im not about to keep the phone when/if they officially post a rom.

" (not boot.img only)"...i dont understand this comment.
i am unable to get the exact build. i even searched exclusively within china.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-07-2021, 10:17 AM
(25-07-2021, 01:15 AM)Enigmah313 cheers, that was the first thing that i did and asked to speak to an engineer through the amazon seller. to date, the amazon seller stated the engineer says there is no software to date. i left it alone after that.

never thought about that type of nomenclature, but that's not how you properly do things due to it being the same model of the device. im starting to believe these amazon phones are coming from private sweatshops in Shenzhen, which is common.

since it wont do any good, is it a wrap? im not about to keep the phone when/if they officially post a rom.

you can try contact oukitel support directly from their website

(not boot.img only) ; the initial idea was to flash boot.img for the exact build number of your device but seeing as it's not available, you might as well just try flashing full firmware listed at the oukitel firmware download page
Enigmah313
Enigmah313
Enigmah313
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2021, 06:59 AM
(26-07-2021, 10:17 AM)X3non
(25-07-2021, 01:15 AM)Enigmah313 cheers, that was the first thing that i did and asked to speak to an engineer through the amazon seller. to date, the amazon seller stated the engineer says there is no software to date. i left it alone after that.

you can try contact oukitel support directly from their website

(not boot.img only) ; the initial idea was to flash boot.img for the exact build number of your device but seeing as it's not available, you might as well just try flashing full firmware listed at the oukitel firmware download page

- i contacted oukitel twice and never received a reply.
- i pulled the exact build prior but it doesn't exist [presently] anywhere online.
- i'll try reflashing one final time, is there a preferred method aside using fastboot? if it doesn't work i'm returning it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-07-2021, 12:16 PM
(27-07-2021, 06:59 AM)Enigmah313 ...
- i'll try reflashing one final time, is there a preferred method aside using fastboot? if it doesn't work i'm returning it.

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html
Pages (2): Previous 1 2