Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] [Formatting mediatek MT6739],[Orange state bootloop mediatek MT6739,GIONEE F205]
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] [Formatting mediatek MT6739],[Orange state bootloop mediatek MT6739,GIONEE F205]

[Please help] [Formatting mediatek MT6739],[Orange state bootloop mediatek MT6739,GIONEE F205]

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
nidhin
nidhin
nidhin
17-04-2021, 10:52 AM

I entered fastboot in my gionee F205 through ADB and entered the command 'fastboot continue' which I got a error FAILED (remote: not support on security).
So I tried to unlock OEM and did the same through fastboot with the command fastboot unlock oem. Now when I reboot my device it is stuck in a bootloop with a message 'orange state your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted your device will boot in 5 seconds'. I have not rooted the phone or tried to flash anything.
So I tried flashing the stock ROM again and I can't do it now. Every time SP flash tools try to start flashing I think my phone automatically disconnects and so the flashing fails with and error "ERROR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL(0XC0060001).
My phone is continuously rebooting through the whole process. I have a lot of VCOM drivers installed by now and my PC detects my device. Still it is not flashing. Please help.
This post was last modified: 24-04-2021, 09:49 AM by nidhin.
Attached Files
.png
er.PNG
Size: 5.76 KB / Downloads: 13
.png
Connected Devices.PNG
Size: 81.01 KB / Downloads: 15
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-04-2021, 01:28 AM
(17-04-2021, 10:52 AM)nidhin I entered fastboot in my gionee F205 through ADB and entered the command 'fastboot continue' which I got a error FAILED (remote: not support on security).
So I tried to unlock OEM and did the same through fastboot with the command fastboot unlock oem. Now when I reboot my device it is stuck in a bootloop with a message 'orange state your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted your device will boot in 5 seconds'. I have not rooted the phone or tried to flash anything.
So I tried flashing the stock ROM again and I can't do it now. Every time SP flash tools try to start flashing I think my phone automatically disconnects and so the flashing fails with and error "ERROR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL(0XC0060001).
My phone is continuously rebooting through the whole process. I have a lot of VCOM drivers installed by now and my PC detects my device. Still it is not flashing. Please help.

if you are certain that all you did was unlock bootloader without doing anything else then format ONLY seccfg partition using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html

the device has secure boot, so you either need to use the right da for the model @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27159.html OR you use mtk bypass @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html before carrying out the format operation
nidhin
nidhin
nidhin
22-04-2021, 10:32 AM
(19-04-2021, 01:28 AM)X3non if you are certain that all you did was unlock bootloader without doing anything else then format ONLY seccfg partition using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html

the device has secure boot, so you either need to use the right da for the model @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27159.html OR you use mtk bypass @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html before carrying out the format operation

Okay, thanks it worked.
Now can I flash F205 pro stock rom to my F205(except the preloader) to make it treble supported. I tried doing it which gives me a PMT changed for rom; it must be downloaded error. So I tried formatting the whole flash except bootloader, which in turn gives me another error "STATUS_SEC_WRITE_DATA_NOT_ALLOWED(0XC002000C)" . Is it due to the secure boot.
Can I format it if I follow the second link in your reply above to MTK bypass?

Edit: That error was because I used the secure boot DA from the link. It works perfectly for downloading it is not for formatting I hope. So I changed to the default MTK_ALLINONE_DA.bin and then there was a same error "ERROR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL(0xC0060003)" which I used to get when I tried to download flash before you gave me the custom DA
This post was last modified: 22-04-2021, 03:24 PM by nidhin.
Attached Files
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 5.72 KB / Downloads: 10
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-04-2021, 08:12 PM
(22-04-2021, 10:32 AM)nidhin Okay, thanks it worked.
Now can I flash F205 pro stock rom to my F205(except the preloader) to make it treble supported.

no telling if this will work or not

(22-04-2021, 10:32 AM)nidhin ...
Can I format it if I follow the second link in your reply above to MTK bypass?

you can try to find out, i hope you know what you are doing though and have made a full firmware dump of the device. once you format, certain partitions not included in the stock firmware will be lost

(22-04-2021, 10:32 AM)nidhin Edit: That error was because I used the secure boot DA from the link. It works perfectly for downloading it is not for formatting I hope. So I changed to the default MTK_ALLINONE_DA.bin and then there was a same error "ERROR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL(0xC0060003)" which I used to get when I tried to download flash before you gave me the custom DA

the error above is unlikely to be cause by the custom DA you used initially
nidhin
nidhin
nidhin
23-04-2021, 09:54 AM

The default DA in sp tools is not supported anyways. And the custom DA is giving the above said error. How should I format it. Is there a custom DA or anyways to solve the error and format
This post was last modified: 23-04-2021, 09:55 AM by nidhin.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-04-2021, 11:24 AM
(23-04-2021, 09:54 AM)nidhin The default DA in sp tools is not supported anyways. And the custom DA is giving the above said error. How should I format it. Is there a custom DA or anyways to solve the error and format

try formatting a partition e.g only frp partition using the custom da, see if it's successful or not
nidhin
nidhin
nidhin
23-04-2021, 03:42 PM
(23-04-2021, 11:24 AM)X3non try formatting a partition e.g only frp partition using the custom da, see if it's successful or not

Yes, I tried formatting frp and it works. But still when I select Auto format flash and format except bootloader it doesn't work.
My goal now is to remove the "PMT changed for rom, it must be downloaded" error, which I know that formatting whole flash except bootloader solves it. Please suggest if any alternate or easy ways are available.

1. Does the "format except bootloader" format the preloader also.

2. Should I manual format the whole flash like this excluding the recovery and preloader.

3. If yes there is an EMMC_USER region bootloader named loader_ext1 and loader_ext2 which gets automatically deselected when I deselect preloader(which I guess it is needed for preloader to work, correct me if I am wrong).
So should I format it too.
Will it brick my device.
4. If no then how can I format the whole flash except bootloader.(I don't want to format the bootloader anyways because I already have a totally bricked device because of it.)

5. Can I only port my device to same kernel rom and/or same android version(my device is kernel 4.4.22+ and the rom I am trying to port to f205 pro rom is 4.4.95 and nougat to oreo.)
This post was last modified: 24-04-2021, 09:54 AM by nidhin.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-04-2021, 10:53 AM
(23-04-2021, 03:42 PM)nidhin Yes, I tried formatting frp and it works. But still when I select Auto format flash and format except bootloader it doesn't work.
My goal now is to remove the "PMT changed for rom, it must be downloaded" error, which I know that formatting whole flash except bootloader solves it. Please suggest if any alternate or easy ways are available.

this is a clear indication that formatting the whole emmc_user is not allowed on this device, might be blocked by certain partitions
you can try using the scatter file for your model to flash the files from the other model; this shouldn't require pmt change but file sizes might overlap the partition
you can try format all except bootloader using the scatter for your exact model, see if it works or not

(23-04-2021, 03:42 PM)nidhin 1. Does the "format except bootloader" format the preloader also.

No, preloader is excluded

(23-04-2021, 03:42 PM)nidhin 2. Should I manual format the whole flash like this excluding the recovery and preloader.

that's for you to decide if you want to try it or not, maybe you'll get to find out the partition or section that rejects the format operation

(23-04-2021, 03:42 PM)nidhin 3. If yes there is an EMMC_USER region bootloader named loader_ext1 and loader_ext2 which gets automatically deselected when I deselect preloader(which I guess it is needed for preloader to work, correct me if I am wrong).
So should I format it too.
Will it brick my device.

what you are attempting to do already (i.e formatting all with or without bootloader will brick the device until a compatible firmware is flashed to the device) and not sure what loader_ext is meant for either

(23-04-2021, 03:42 PM)nidhin 4. If no then how can I format the whole flash except bootloader.(I don't want to format the bootloader anyways because I already have a totally bricked device because of it.)

on the bright, you have stock preloader for your device model so that should fix your device even if you formatted all including preloader

(23-04-2021, 03:42 PM)nidhin 5. Can I only port my device to same kernel rom and/or same android version(my device is kernel 4.4.22+ and the rom I am trying to port to f205 pro rom is 4.4.95 and nougat to oreo.)

for this you'll need to search online how to port roms
nidhin
nidhin
nidhin
27-04-2021, 07:39 AM
(23-04-2021, 11:24 AM)X3non might be blocked by certain partitions

Well, I took a look at the scatter file and found partitions with operation_type protected.
Are those partitions causing the issue.
Should I not format it?
Attaching the scatter file...
This post was last modified: 27-04-2021, 07:43 AM by nidhin.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6739_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 14.65 KB / Downloads: 11
nidhin
nidhin
nidhin
27-04-2021, 07:41 AM

(23-04-2021, 11:24 AM)X3non might be blocked by certain partitions

Can I manual format all the partitions in a single operation to delete the partition table (starting of the scatter file to the end of its length).
Will all they be flashed back if I flash the stock firmware, as I can see only a few of them in the SP Tools download page and many of them in the scatter file. Most the the partitions also have is_download : false. Is that an issue?
This post was last modified: 27-04-2021, 07:48 AM by nidhin.
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next