Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix Note 8i Hard Brick
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix Note 8i Hard Brick

Infinix Note 8i Hard Brick

Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
14-04-2021, 09:52 PM

Hello, I Have An Infinix Note 8i That I Wanted To Root Using Magisk, I Downloaded The Stick Firmware And Extracted The Boot.img, Then Patched It With Magisk Manager, Then I Unlocked The Bootloader And Flashed The Patched Boot.img With Fastboot, Which Led To A Bootloop, So I Decided To Reflash Stock Firmware And Start Again, But I've Since Been Stuck, I Used SP Flashtool And Format All + Download Option Which Wiped Everything On The Phone (Turning It To A Brick), After Fixing A Lot Of Errors, I'm Faced With A Very Difficult One, Which Says STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH. Please I'll Appreciate Any Help InCan Get
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
15-04-2021, 10:02 AM
(14-04-2021, 09:52 PM)Yoruba_bug Hello, I Have An Infinix Note 8i That I Wanted To Root Using Magisk, I Downloaded The Stick Firmware And Extracted The Boot.img, Then Patched It With Magisk Manager, Then I Unlocked The Bootloader And Flashed The Patched Boot.img With Fastboot, Which Led To A Bootloop, So I Decided To Reflash Stock Firmware And Start Again, But I've Since Been Stuck, I Used SP Flashtool And Format All + Download Option Which Wiped Everything On The Phone (Turning It To A Brick), After Fixing A Lot Of Errors, I'm Faced With A Very Difficult One, Which Says STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH. Please I'll Appreciate Any Help InCan Get
retry flashing using mtk bypass @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
15-04-2021, 10:13 AM
(15-04-2021, 10:02 AM)Abdulakeem14 retry flashing using mtk bypass @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html

I Already Tried Flashing Using The MTK Bypass Which Solved The Issue Of No Auth File, But The Last Error Is Still Persistent, It Comes On When It's About To Load The Flash Files (The Progress Bar Becomes Yellow).
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
15-04-2021, 10:19 AM
(15-04-2021, 10:13 AM)Yoruba_bug
(15-04-2021, 10:02 AM)Abdulakeem14 retry flashing using mtk bypass @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html

I Already Tried Flashing Using The MTK Bypass Which Solved The Issue Of No Auth File, But The Last Error Is Still Persistent, It Comes On When It's About To Load The Flash Files (The Progress Bar Becomes Yellow).
flash all files one after the other
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-04-2021, 11:00 AM

(14-04-2021, 09:52 PM)Yoruba_bug Hello, I Have An Infinix Note 8i That I Wanted To Root Using Magisk, I Downloaded The Stick Firmware And Extracted The Boot.img, Then Patched It With Magisk Manager, Then I Unlocked The Bootloader And Flashed The Patched Boot.img With Fastboot, Which Led To A Bootloop, So I Decided To Reflash Stock Firmware And Start Again, But I've Since Been Stuck, I Used SP Flashtool And Format All + Download Option Which Wiped Everything On The Phone (Turning It To A Brick), After Fixing A Lot Of Errors, I'm Faced With A Very Difficult One, Which Says STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH. Please I'll Appreciate Any Help InCan Get

try flashing the rest of the firmware one after the other
after flashing a file, you only need to run mtk bypass main py then hold your boot key + power button until it's detected by main.py
then flash the next
lets know the outcome
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
15-04-2021, 05:55 PM
(15-04-2021, 10:19 AM)Abdulakeem14 flash all files one after the other
(15-04-2021, 11:00 AM)X3non try flashing the rest of the firmware one after the other
after flashing a file, you only need to run mtk bypass main py then hold your boot key + power button until it's detected by main.py
then flash the next
lets know the outcome

Hi, I Just Did That And It Turned Out That The Issue Was With Two Files (tkv and tranfs), Once I Unchecked Those Two Files, The Phone Got Flashed Successfully.

Thank You Very Much For Helping Me Fix That.

Now I Have An Error WIth The NVRAM, Which I Couldn't Backup Because The Phone Wasn't Rooted At The Time, At The Top Of The AP Lists In The Wifi Selection Window, It Shows NVRAM ERR 0x01, I've Searched For Guides On How To Fix It And They All Point To An Nvram Folder In /data Which Doesn't Exist On My Device.

Also Tried Using SN Writer Tool, But The AP_DB File Is Invalid (There Are Two Of Them In The ROM Zip), But They Both Don't Work, I Don't Know What Else To Do.
This post was last modified: 15-04-2021, 05:57 PM by Yoruba_bug.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2021, 10:19 AM
(15-04-2021, 05:55 PM)Yoruba_bug Hi, I Just Did That And It Turned Out That The Issue Was With Two Files (tkv and tranfs), Once I Unchecked Those Two Files, The Phone Got Flashed Successfully.

you didn't need to flash these two files for the phone to boot up?

(15-04-2021, 05:55 PM)Yoruba_bug Now I Have An Error WIth The NVRAM, Which I Couldn't Backup Because The Phone Wasn't Rooted At The Time, At The Top Of The AP Lists In The Wifi Selection Window, It Shows NVRAM ERR 0x01, I've Searched For Guides On How To Fix It And They All Point To An Nvram Folder In /data Which Doesn't Exist On My Device.

if you have access to another working phone of this same model, you could backup it's nvram file
writing a valid mac address might fix this

(15-04-2021, 05:55 PM)Yoruba_bug Also Tried Using SN Writer Tool, But The AP_DB File Is Invalid (There Are Two Of Them In The ROM Zip), But They Both Don't Work, I Don't Know What Else To Do.

is there an error when you use the DB file from the firmware?
you could try using modem meta, see if it's able to use the DB files from within the phone
alternatively you could extract super.img then extract system.img and look for the DB file within
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
18-04-2021, 11:15 AM
(16-04-2021, 10:19 AM)X3non you didn't need to flash these two files for the phone to boot up?

Nope, I Didn't And The Phone Works Good Now, Except The Nvram Error Of Course

(16-04-2021, 10:19 AM)X3non if you have access to another working phone of this same model, you could backup it's nvram file
writing a valid mac address might fix this

I Actually Tried Backing Up The Nvram Before Proceeding To Root, But It Seems I Can't Get The Nvram Without Rooting First, Which Wouldn't Work On Another Unroofed Working Phone.
[/quote]

(16-04-2021, 10:19 AM)X3non is there an error when you use the DB file from the firmware?
you could try using modem meta, see if it's able to use the DB files from within the phone

I Tried Using Maui Meta, Which Loaded A DB From Within The Phone, But That Was To Write The IMEI, I'll Try Using It To Write The Mac Address Too, Hopefully The Issue Gets Resolved.

(16-04-2021, 10:19 AM)X3non alternatively you could extract super.img then extract system.img and look for the DB file within

If The Previous Suggestion Doesnt Work, I'll Definitely Go For This One.

Thank You Very Much For Your Help Again.

I'll Keep You Updated With My Progress On The Phone.
This post was last modified: 18-04-2021, 11:16 AM by Yoruba_bug. Edit Reason: Corrected Typo.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-04-2021, 09:03 AM
(18-04-2021, 11:15 AM)Yoruba_bug ...
I Actually Tried Backing Up The Nvram Before Proceeding To Root, But It Seems I Can't Get The Nvram Without Rooting First, Which Wouldn't Work On Another Unroofed Working Phone.

you can backup without root though