Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android install gsi rom infinix note 7
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

install gsi rom infinix note 7

install gsi rom infinix note 7

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Bido X
Bido X
Bido X
Enthusiastic Member
11-04-2021, 06:28 PM

i have infininx note 7 X690B
im trying to install lineage-18.1-20210317-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS
but when im using adb trying to erase system its says failed after this i download frimware and
watching system file I noticed that system called super.img not system.img
so i tried again and erase super and this working and i install gsi lineage os by this commad
fastboot flash super .....image name and working fine after this i tried wipe data by fastboot -w
but its says failed that's why i ignored this point. and press fastboot reboot and he didnt boot into system
he boot into fastboot
sry for bad english
what's important is that I want install gsi rom in my infinx note 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-04-2021, 10:16 AM
(11-04-2021, 06:28 PM)Bido X i have infininx note 7 X690B
but when im using adb trying to erase system its says failed after this i download frimware and
so i tried again and erase super and this working and i install gsi lineage os by this commad
fastboot flash super .....image name and working fine after this i tried wipe data by fastboot -w
but its says failed that's why i ignored this point. and press fastboot reboot and he didnt boot into system
he boot into fastboot
sry for bad english

super is a large partition consisting of other partitions such as system, vendor, product / oem. you shouldn't have erased super

at this point, flash super.img from your stock firmware (must be one from the same build currently on your device) using fastboot
once done then from fastboot, reboot to fastbootd using the command
Code:

fastboot reboot fastboot

flash gsi system.img and factory reset using fastbootd
Code:

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w
Bido X
Bido X
Bido X
Enthusiastic Member
12-04-2021, 11:48 AM
(12-04-2021, 10:16 AM)X3non
he boot into fastboot
sry for bad english

super is a large partition consisting of other partitions such as system, vendor, product / oem. you shouldn't have erased super

at this point, flash super.img from your stock firmware (must be one from the same build currently on your device) using fastboot
once done then from fastboot, reboot to fastbootd using the command
Code:

fastboot reboot fastboot

flash gsi system.img and factory reset using fastbootd
Code:

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w
Bido X
Bido X
Bido X
Enthusiastic Member
12-04-2021, 11:51 AM
i tried but its says
writing system 1/19
remote: this partition dosnt exist
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
12-04-2021, 01:17 PM

he boot into fastboot
sry for bad english

Your smartphone's partitions has been messed up. You need to flash Stock ROM with SP Flash Tool by choosing format all + download.
This will reorganize your smartphone back to its original state. After that you need to unlock bootloader correctly before entering fastbootd mode.
By entering fastbootd mode you will be able to enter commands ./fastboot flash system GSI-ROM.img
Please refer to this link for more information.
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-gen...le-device/

Important note: The Android devices that come with Android 10 have /super partition which combines many partitions altogether. If your device does not have TWRP 3.5 installed, you need to enter fastbootd mode to flash GSI ROMs.
This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 01:19 PM by siamese007.
Bido X
Bido X
Bido X
Enthusiastic Member
12-04-2021, 01:39 PM
(12-04-2021, 01:17 PM)siamese007
he boot into fastboot
sry for bad english

Your smartphone's partitions has been messed up. You need to flash Stock ROM with SP Flash Tool by choosing format all + download.
This will reorganize your smartphone back to its original state. After that you need to unlock bootloader correctly before entering fastbootd mode.
By entering fastbootd mode you will be able to enter commands ./fastboot flash system GSI-ROM.img
Please refer to this link for more information.
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-gen...le-device/

Important note: The Android devices that come with Android 10 have /super partition which combines many partitions altogether. If your device does not have TWRP 3.5 installed, you need to enter fastbootd mode to flash GSI ROMs.
when im install
writing system 1/19
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
13-04-2021, 05:53 AM
(12-04-2021, 01:39 PM)Bido X when im install
writing system 1/19

It's because you did not enter fastbootd mode. So you cannot flash GSI ROM using normal fastboot bootloader.
Bido X
Bido X
Bido X
Enthusiastic Member
13-04-2021, 05:51 PM
(13-04-2021, 05:53 AM)siamese007
(12-04-2021, 01:39 PM)Bido X when im install
writing system 1/19

It's because you did not enter fastbootd mode. So you cannot flash GSI ROM using normal fastboot bootloader.

thx its woriking 100%
but can u tell me how i can install gapps
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
14-04-2021, 04:24 AM
(13-04-2021, 05:51 PM)Bido X thx its woriking 100%
but can u tell me how i can install gapps

This question is what I have been searching since I'd flashed GSI ROM the first time.
For the devices that have TWRP 3.5 or above available, this can be flashed open GAPPS via TWRP.
But for many devices with no TWRP available you need to use fastbootd mode. And I don't know how to flash GAPPS via fastbootd mode yet.
Some suggested to unpack GSI ROMs and put GAPPS in the system folder using Android Kitchen tools.
But many users who have used this tool cannot do this and cannot get the devices bootable without bootloop.

My method now is to flash GSI ROMs that have GAPPS preinstalled.
But the problem for this is the GSI ROMs with GAPPS are very huge that cannot fit into many devices with 4GB RAM.
Only 10-20% of the GSI ROMs with GAPPS that can fit into this limited RAM devices.

If you could find out the method to flash GAPPS via fastbootd mode, please let me know. It would be very useful and much appreciated.
This post was last modified: 14-04-2021, 04:31 AM by siamese007.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-04-2021, 12:20 PM

(14-04-2021, 04:24 AM)siamese007 ...
If you could find out the method to flash GAPPS via fastbootd mode, please let me know. It would be very useful and much appreciated.

there's no documentation of flashing zips using fastbootd in aosp website, doubt you can flash gapps using any fastboot or fastbootd
This post was last modified: 14-04-2021, 12:44 PM by X3non.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next