Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Lenovo K3 Note not flashable + missing SPFlashtool error code
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Lenovo K3 Note not flashable + missing SPFlashtool error code

Lenovo K3 Note not flashable + missing SPFlashtool error code

Reth
Reth
Reth
25-02-2021, 04:18 PM

Hi there,

since a few days our Lenovo K3 Note (K50-t5) does not work anymore. It can be started but sooner or later screen goes black (or freezes in rare cases) while background light still seems to be on.

I tried to wipe caches and also to reflash ROM but it is not possible (e.g. by partitions cannot be mounted). I tried several methods of formatting recovery and boot partition (ADB/Fastboot, SPFlashtool, etc.) without any success.

While trying to flash with SPFTool everything seems to work while in fact it does nothing at all. This only comes up if I activate the checksum checks. Thanks to the error code list and explanation in the other thread I hoped to find some solutions or at least explanations. But unfortunately I am getting a non-listed error code and could not yet find anything about it in the web:

BROM Exception! ( ERROR : S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3153)

How can I resolve this one?

Or which other possibilities do I have to get the phone back working - ideally without loosing user
data (which I wanted to make an new backup out of it before)?

Any help really appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Bye
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-02-2021, 02:40 PM
(25-02-2021, 04:18 PM)Reth ...
While trying to flash with SPFTool everything seems to work while in fact it does nothing at all.

what do you mean by this?
what files did you attempt to flash using spft? did you get the green success tick or not?

(25-02-2021, 04:18 PM)Reth ...
BROM Exception! ( ERROR : S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3153)

this error is associated with faulty emmc chip
you can test this using a hardware tool such as cm2mtk flash ic test OR make a full firmware dump using miracle thunder, format whole flash except bootloader using sp flash tool then check if the device is unable to boot, if it's still able to boot then emmc is faulty, if you're unable to format then emmc is faulty as well
Reth
Reth
Reth
26-02-2021, 03:46 PM
(26-02-2021, 02:40 PM)X3non what do you mean by this?
what files did you attempt to flash using spft? did you get the green success tick or not?
Entire ROM without and with userdata - yes, I got the green tick but only if I flashed without checksum checks activated - but then in fact nothing happened.

(26-02-2021, 02:40 PM)X3non this error is associated with faulty emmc chip
you can test this using a hardware tool such as cm2mtk flash ic test OR make a full firmware dump using miracle thunder, format whole flash except bootloader using sp flash tool then check if the device is unable to boot, if it's still able to boot then emmc is faulty, if you're unable to format then emmc is faulty as well

Thank you! Sounds like the reason. Is Miracle Thunder the tool from here: https://www.miraclethunder.com/download/
?
This post was last modified: 26-02-2021, 04:11 PM by Reth.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-02-2021, 06:49 PM
(26-02-2021, 03:46 PM)Reth ...- but then in fact nothing happened.

the phone boots straight back to homescreen, no initial setup and having everything as it was before you flashed?

(26-02-2021, 02:40 PM)X3non Thank you! Sounds like the reason. Is Miracle Thunder the tool from here: https://www.miraclethunder.com/download/
?

miracle thunder is a different tool, also if the phenomenon above is what you experience then emmc is faulty, you don't need to carry out the tests above
Reth
Reth
Reth
26-02-2021, 06:57 PM

(26-02-2021, 06:49 PM)X3non the phone boots straight back to homescreen, no initial setup and having everything as it was before you flashed?
Yes, nothing changed. Same recovery, same ROM. Also flashing another recovery doesn't work. W/o checksum nothing changes even though green hook is shown at the end. With the checksums enabled I got different errors (different than flashing entire ROM).
Also flashing/erasing/formatting via ADB/fastboot doesn't work. Neither does clearing the emmc from within the Chinese recovery work.

(26-02-2021, 06:49 PM)X3non miracle thunder is a different tool, also if the phenomenon above is what you experience then emmc is faulty, you don't need to carry out the tests above
Yeah, thank you. Seems to be the emmc. Also date & time are wrong (always 1.1.2010 IMO). Sometimes it boots even until login but this is very seldom. When within recovery everything can be used but it doesn't anything: Neither format, nor wipe. Log says that it cannot mount any partition.

Is there any chance to get this fixed somehow or at least the chance of reading out the data?
This post was last modified: 26-02-2021, 07:01 PM by Reth.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-02-2021, 07:05 PM
(26-02-2021, 06:57 PM)Reth ...
Is there any chance to get this fixed somehow or at least the chance of reading out the data?

replace the emmc to fix (requires hardware expertise), unless you can backup userdata or copy files using mtp connection