Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Unlocking bootloader of spd devices failed
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Unlocking bootloader of spd devices failed

Unlocking bootloader of spd devices failed

JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
Enthusiastic Member
07-02-2021, 06:44 PM

I was trying to unlock my spreadtrum device using this method https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html
everything was alright until step 6. In step i typed

./signidentifier_unlockbootloader.sh XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX rsa4096_vbmeta.pem signature.bin

and replaced xxxxxxxxxx with my device identifier token. But after hitting enter its shows

rm: cannot remove 'signature.bin': Read-only file system
doInit execute error

plz help meeee. I attached the screenshot
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-07 17-35-10.png
Size: 141.73 KB / Downloads: 14
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-02-2021, 11:05 AM
(07-02-2021, 06:44 PM)JaberAfnan I was trying to unlock my spreadtrum device using this method https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html

./signidentifier_unlockbootloader.sh XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX rsa4096_vbmeta.pem signature.bin

and replaced xxxxxxxxxx with my device identifier token. But after hitting enter its shows

doInit execute error

if you have the files within a removable storage and it got disconnected, then connect the removable storage and reboot the linux OS, it should be mounted as rw
OR copy the files to a different location and try running the commands from the new location
JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2021, 12:24 PM
(08-02-2021, 11:05 AM)X3non
(07-02-2021, 06:44 PM)JaberAfnan I was trying to unlock my spreadtrum device using this method https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html

doInit execute error

if you have the files within a removable storage and it got disconnected, then connect the removable storage and reboot the linux OS, it should be mounted as rw
OR copy the files to a different location and try running the commands from the new location

In final step its showing failed now. its very disspointing. I saw other posts related to this problem. you said to everybody that it because of private key. I have my extracted rom. is there any way that I can port vbmeta.img to rsa_vbmeta x.pem ????? actually as I said everyone getting this failed msg they just want to root their device. most of them are not it expert. if you can make a post about how to make rsa_vbmeta.pem from vbmeta.img (which is available in device farmware) it will be very helpful for not only me. but everyone who are getting this failed msg. thank you. and sorry for my language mistake. Im not fluent in english
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-02-2021, 05:04 PM
(10-02-2021, 12:24 PM)JaberAfnan In final step its showing failed now. its very disspointing. I saw other posts related to this problem. you said to everybody that it because of private key. I have my extracted rom. is there any way that I can port vbmeta.img to rsa_vbmeta x.pem ????? actually as I said everyone getting this failed msg they just want to root their device. most of them are not it expert. if you can make a post about how to make rsa_vbmeta.pem from vbmeta.img (which is available in device farmware) it will be very helpful for not only me. but everyone who are getting this failed msg. thank you. and sorry for my language mistake. Im not fluent in english

Getting the OEM's original .pem file from the vbmeta is very unlikely.
What error did you get in the end? You could share a screenshot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
Enthusiastic Member
11-02-2021, 06:59 AM

Same error everyone getting. Failed to unlock bootloader Sad ?? . And googled my device and there is no developer there.
Device: Itel vision 1
Chipset : UNISOC 98**a ( this is a popular chipset with so many phones of itel, nokia c series, lava and some others)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-02-2021, 11:59 AM
(10-02-2021, 12:24 PM)JaberAfnan ...
if you can make a post about how to make rsa_vbmeta.pem from vbmeta.img (which is available in device farmware) it will be very helpful for not only me. but everyone who are getting this failed msg. thank you. and sorry for my language mistake. Im not fluent in english

there's no computer powerful enough to make the necessary calculation needed for an rsa4096 key. which is why everybody gets the same answer, if the generic private key here doesn't work for you then only your device oem can provide the key they used. without this, you can't unlock bootloader
JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
JaberAfnan
Enthusiastic Member
12-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Is there any other way to root my spd device without unlocking bootloader?
:"( Like flashing twrp with spd flash tool or anything else???
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-02-2021, 12:39 PM
(12-02-2021, 07:48 PM)JaberAfnan Is there any other way to root my spd device without unlocking bootloader?
:"( Like flashing twrp with spd flash tool or anything else???

That would be either via an exploit (none is in the wild) or via SPD flash tool if your OEM signed the partitions using the generic keys

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.