Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Has anyone successfully rooted Tecno spark 4 KC8?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Has anyone successfully rooted Tecno spark 4 KC8?

Has anyone successfully rooted Tecno spark 4 KC8?

Telamind
Telamind
Telamind
28-01-2021, 03:25 PM

I have tried different ways of rooting this device since the time I acquired it in 2019; twrp method, magisk, mtk-su but to no avail. The only achievement I got from this was installing a twrp on it that can't mount the internal storage because of encryption. All attempts to thwart this have failed (some work on camon 12: even the root tutorials ) but fail when it comes to Tecno spark 4 KC8, 'both the root and twrp fixing'. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-01-2021, 05:17 PM
(28-01-2021, 03:25 PM)Telamind I have tried different ways of rooting this device since the time I acquired it in 2019; twrp method, magisk, mtk-su but to no avail. The only achievement I got from this was installing a twrp on it that can't mount the internal storage because of encryption. All attempts to thwart this have failed (some work on camon 12: even the root tutorials ) but fail when it comes to Tecno spark 4 KC8, 'both the root and twrp fixing'. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

unlock bootloader > flash empty vbmeta > patch boot using latest magisk manager
is this what you did?
Telamind
Telamind
Telamind
30-01-2021, 04:51 PM
Yes, exactly. As of last week that was my seventh attempt; I usually flash back the stock rom when the root fails with Tecno flash tool (SP flash tool doesn't work gives errors). If only it were possible to flash a custom rom with root access, that sure would be great.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-01-2021, 08:05 PM
(30-01-2021, 04:51 PM)Telamind Yes, exactly. As of last week that was my seventh attempt; I usually flash back the stock rom when the root fails with Tecno flash tool (SP flash tool doesn't work gives errors). If only it were possible to flash a custom rom with root access, that sure would be great.

and have you tried?
unlock bootloader > flash empty vbmeta > patch boot using magisk canary
unlock bootloader > flash empty vbmeta > flash twrp > flash magisk zip using twrp
unlock bootloader > flash empty vbmeta > patch recovery using latest magisk manager
Telamind
Telamind
Telamind
01-02-2021, 07:49 AM

No I haven't, I will try this one.
I will notify you of the outcome
Telamind
Telamind
Telamind
01-02-2021, 05:06 PM
Tried it ended up in a bootloop. Even flashed magisk phh with twrp,same thing. Just notify me when a comprehensive root guide for this model is found.