Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] TWRP with adb
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TWRP with adb

[Please help] TWRP with adb

darkrai_24
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
21-01-2021, 05:25 PM

I can use twrp recovery (not touch working) with adb on the PC? i view that twrp have adb interface with adb shell and launch by twrp commands on the adb shell but when i boot on twrp and i connect with adb when i use adb shell in recovery mode he say error: exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory, this can be fixed? and if i can fix, i can install/flash .zip with twrp by adb shell commands?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-01-2021, 12:23 PM
(21-01-2021, 05:25 PM)darkrai_24 I can use twrp recovery (not touch working) with adb on the PC? i view that twrp have adb interface with adb shell and launch by twrp commands on the adb shell but when i boot on twrp and i connect with adb when i use adb shell in recovery mode he say error: exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory, this can be fixed? and if i can fix, i can install/flash .zip with twrp by adb shell commands?

you can sideload zip files, but you'd need to manually select adb sideload in twrp ; refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19467.html
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
22-01-2021, 01:34 PM
(22-01-2021, 12:23 PM)X3non
(21-01-2021, 05:25 PM)darkrai_24 I can use twrp recovery (not touch working) with adb on the PC? i view that twrp have adb interface with adb shell and launch by twrp commands on the adb shell but when i boot on twrp and i connect with adb when i use adb shell in recovery mode he say error: exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory, this can be fixed? and if i can fix, i can install/flash .zip with twrp by adb shell commands?

you can sideload zip files, but you'd need to manually select adb sideload in twrp ; refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19467.html

Ok, but the problem is i dont have touch on twrp and i dont can touch the sideload option i I wanted to handle twrp from adb without having to touch the device for the reason that the touch screen does not work in twrp but I think it won't be possible
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-01-2021, 10:51 AM
(22-01-2021, 01:34 PM)darkrai_24 Ok, but the problem is i dont have touch on twrp and i dont can touch the sideload option i I wanted to handle twrp from adb without having to touch the device for the reason that the touch screen does not work in twrp but I think it won't be possible

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24209.html

you can try booting twrp instead of flashing and see if it boot
OR alternatively, you could try flashing twrp to boot partition > boot the phone normally (it'll boot twrp with touch working) > in twrp, flash stock boot.img to boot partition > then flash magisk zip > reboot (not sure if this will work but seem viable)