Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Teclast M30 Pro] Need help to flash GSI image.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Teclast M30 Pro] Need help to flash GSI image.

[Teclast M30 Pro] Need help to flash GSI image.

siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
16-01-2021, 06:27 AM

Hello Friends,

I found a firmware for Teclast M30 Pro and I have flash this one using SP flash tool. This firmware works well except it does not come with Play Store. This is probably because it's China firmware. So I unlock bootloader and trying to flash GSI for this device. I entered "fastboot flash system GSI.img" but the error said "There is no system partition."
Is there any clue that I can flash GSI image on this device? I attached scatter file for this device also.

Does anybody have Teclase M30 Pro?
Attached Files
.txt
MT6771_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 16.76 KB / Downloads: 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-01-2021, 11:02 AM
(16-01-2021, 06:27 AM)siamese007 Hello Friends,

I found a firmware for Teclast M30 Pro and I have flash this one using SP flash tool. This firmware works well except it does not come with Play Store. This is probably because it's China firmware. So I unlock bootloader and trying to flash GSI for this device. I entered "fastboot flash system GSI.img" but the error said "There is no system partition."
Is there any clue that I can flash GSI image on this device? I attached scatter file for this device also.

you should reboot to fastbootd before trying to flash system image and don't forget to wipe data after flashing the rom
e.g
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
16-01-2021, 02:24 PM
(16-01-2021, 11:02 AM)X3non
(16-01-2021, 06:27 AM)siamese007 Hello Friends,

you should reboot to fastbootd before trying to flash system image and don't forget to wipe data after flashing the rom
e.g
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w

Thank you for your suggestion. However this China firmware does not have /system partition as I mentioned before. There is /super partition which I assumed it is "/system". So I will wait for the ROW firmware for my device and try following your suggestion again.
Or do you have suggestion of how to handle with this type of firmware?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-01-2021, 09:54 AM
(16-01-2021, 02:24 PM)siamese007 Thank you for your suggestion. However this China firmware does not have /system partition as I mentioned before. There is /super partition which I assumed it is "/system". So I will wait for the ROW firmware for my device and try following your suggestion again.

system is now a sub-partition of super on android 10, you can search and read more about super partition
and the above method should work for flashing system on android 10 devices
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
19-01-2021, 05:55 PM

(18-01-2021, 09:54 AM)X3non
(16-01-2021, 02:24 PM)siamese007 Thank you for your suggestion. However this China firmware does not have /system partition as I mentioned before. There is /super partition which I assumed it is "/system". So I will wait for the ROW firmware for my device and try following your suggestion again.

system is now a sub-partition of super on android 10, you can search and read more about super partition
and the above method should work for flashing system on android 10 devices

Thank you very much. You have enlightened me.
I have successfully flash GSI Adroid 11 on my Tablet.
Flashing in fastboot mode is very new for me.