Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Flash Empty VBMETA
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Flash Empty VBMETA

Flash Empty VBMETA

robworkman
robworkman
robworkman
Enthusiastic Member
01-11-2020, 09:41 PM

Hi,

I'm still not having much luck flashing an empty (signed) VBMETA file to my BDF M107 tablet.

I followed this post and was able to flash my empty VBMETA file, but the tablet got stuck at the logo screen upon reboot. I ended up re-flashing the FDL/FDL2/VBMETA images with BeTools to get the table back up and running.

Anytime I use the "--disable-verity" command along with fastboot flash, I get stuck at the "writing" message. Leaving that part out, I can flash either file... just if I use my version, I get stuck on the boot logo afterwards.

I've attached both the original file and my version in hopes that you can give me some pointers. I've also attached the info_image output for the files.

Thanks!
Attached Files
.txt
vbmeta_custom info.txt
Size: 3.2 KB / Downloads: 28
.img
vbmeta_custom02.img
Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 32
.img
vbmeta_custom01.img
Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 38
.img
VBMA190003-ORIG.img
Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 19
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-11-2020, 12:29 PM
(01-11-2020, 09:41 PM)robworkman Hi,

I'm still not having much luck flashing an empty (signed) VBMETA file to my BDF M107 tablet.

I followed this post and was able to flash my empty VBMETA file, but the tablet got stuck at the logo screen upon reboot. I ended up re-flashing the FDL/FDL2/VBMETA images with BeTools to get the table back up and running.

Anytime I use the "--disable-verity" command along with fastboot flash, I get stuck at the "writing" message. Leaving that part out, I can flash either file... just if I use my version, I get stuck on the boot logo afterwards.

I've attached both the original file and my version in hopes that you can give me some pointers. I've also attached the info_image output for the files.

Thanks!

very unlikely that empty vbmeta will work on this device, btw you need to unlock bootloader before attempting to flash custom images
try unlocking bootloader using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html
if successful, then you can attempt to root using the same procedures @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32678.html
This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 12:30 PM by X3non.
robworkman
robworkman
robworkman
Enthusiastic Member
03-11-2020, 01:17 AM
Thank you... Bootloader is already unlocked.

I'll check the post on rooting, otherwise, I guess I'll have to sign the IMG files that I want to Flash.

I'd like to get TWRP running, and sing the device is treble compliant, I'd like to try an Android 10 or 11 GSI.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-11-2020, 06:29 PM
(03-11-2020, 01:17 AM)robworkman Thank you... Bootloader is already unlocked.

I'll check the post on rooting, otherwise, I guess I'll have to sign the IMG files that I want to Flash.

I'd like to get TWRP running, and sing the device is treble compliant, I'd like to try an Android 10 or 11 GSI.

for TWRP, you can try the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21669.html
for GSI, you'll have to search online for firmware links, we don't collect links to custom roms