Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Doogee S88 unresponsive after rooting
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Doogee S88 unresponsive after rooting

Doogee S88 unresponsive after rooting

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
Enthusiastic Member
29-10-2020, 10:02 AM

Guide in question: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-35862.html
Hey, so I've followed the lazy / faint hearted steps and all went well up until the third step, which I might have misunderstood.
After using magisk I've let the phone discharge. After recharging it, I've started android for about 5s until it turned off again, presumably from low battery charge. Now, however, the phone behaves as if it were at 0% battery. It doesn't start and the only feedback I have is the red LED turning on when I charge it. Any advice?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-10-2020, 09:17 AM
(29-10-2020, 10:02 AM)LukyKuki2000 Guide in question: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-35862.html
Hey, so I've followed the lazy / faint hearted steps and all went well up until the third step, which I might have misunderstood.
After using magisk I've let the phone discharge. After recharging it, I've started android for about 5s until it turned off again, presumably from low battery charge. Now, however, the phone behaves as if it were at 0% battery. It doesn't start and the only feedback I have is the red LED turning on when I charge it. Any advice?

is your device s88 pro or s88? if s88 pro, does the build number of your device match the build number indicated in that thread?
have you tried disconnecting / reconnecting the battery of the device? and it's still dead?
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
Enthusiastic Member
30-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Quote:is your device s88 pro or s88? if s88 pro, does the build number of your device match the build number indicated in that thread?
have you tried disconnecting / reconnecting the battery of the device? and it's still dead?

No, I haven't tried disconnecting the battery, hoped it wouldn't come to it. The device is s88 pro, I'm not aware of a non-pro version. As to the build number, I don't see any in the thread except for the signed boot.img.
This post was last modified: 30-10-2020, 03:54 PM by LukyKuki2000.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-10-2020, 11:51 PM
(30-10-2020, 10:37 AM)LukyKuki2000 No, I haven't tried disconnecting the battery, hoped it wouldn't come to it. The device is s88 pro, I'm not aware of a non-pro version. As to the build number, I don't see any in the thread except for the signed boot.img.

was hoping you managed to take note of your phone's build before proceeding to use the file in the thread
disconnect / reconnect the battery then connect to a charging source then confirm if the phone can power on or not
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2020, 04:24 PM

(29-10-2020, 10:02 AM)LukyKuki2000 Guide in question: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-35862.html

Connect it to wall charger then hold the power button for about 20 seconds.
I'm curious to know why you let the phone discharge. Why didn't you power up immediately after flashing the patched boot?
Have you tried flashing stock boot.img from the firmware?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
Enthusiastic Member
04-11-2020, 09:51 PM
Quote:Connect it to wall charger then hold the power button for about 20 seconds.
I'm curious to know why you let the phone discharge. Why didn't you power up immediately after flashing the patched boot?
Have you tried flashing stock boot.img from the firmware?

When connected to the charger, the red LED blinks after 20s, that seems to be about it.
I've let the phone discharge after seeing X3non's answer in the comments.
I admittedly don't know how to flash img from firmware, this is my first time doing it, but I don't have any access to the device.

As to the previous comment, I've managed to get hold of tools to disassemble the phone, but am not certain how to access the battery. Any idea where/if I may find a teardown?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-11-2020, 11:47 AM
(04-11-2020, 09:51 PM)LukyKuki2000 ... Any idea where/if I may find a teardown?

you can check youtube but i doubt you'll find, if unsure how to get to the battery, then best you take the device to an expert technician to assist you
This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 11:48 AM by X3non.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-11-2020, 08:16 AM
(04-11-2020, 09:51 PM)LukyKuki2000 When connected to the charger, the red LED blinks after 20s, that seems to be about it.
I've let the phone discharge after seeing X3non's answer in the comments.
I admittedly don't know how to flash img from firmware, this is my first time doing it, but I don't have any access to the device.

As to the previous comment, I've managed to get hold of tools to disassemble the phone, but am not certain how to access the battery. Any idea where/if I may find a teardown?

I suggest you hold off on disassembling (till you see a clear guide) so you don't make things worse.
Is seems your device got stuck in flash mode (not certain yet). The steps @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html should help but lets first try flashing the firmware.
Have you downloaded the firmware for this model to begin?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
LukyKuki2000
Enthusiastic Member
13-11-2020, 01:12 AM
(09-11-2020, 08:16 AM)hovatek I suggest you hold off on disassembling (till you see a clear guide) so you don't make things worse.
Is seems your device got stuck in flash mode (not certain yet). The steps @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html should help but lets first try flashing the firmware.
Have you downloaded the firmware for this model to begin?

I don't have access to the device anymore, I followed the advice above and sent the phone to repair. Thanks for help, anyway. I also plan on trying to root it once it comes back again, so I'd rather prefer if you could try and tell me where I made a mistake and what to do differently
Dogmatize
Dogmatize
Dogmatize
13-11-2020, 09:40 AM

For Lazy / faint hearted steps do not update firmware before root, & after root can not update.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next