Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How do I root Infinix Smart 3 X5516B with Magisk | System-as-root | Recovery mode
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How do I root Infinix Smart 3 X5516B with Magisk | System-as-root | Recovery mode

How do I root Infinix Smart 3 X5516B with Magisk | System-as-root | Recovery mode

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Osinachi Okpara
Osinachi Okpara
Osinachi Okpara
27-01-2021, 10:35 PM

My bootloader is unlocked. Please is there a way to get the entire procedure to flashing with fastboot? I saw somewhere that you erase some stock images and flash them with fastboot but it seems too huge of a task.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-01-2021, 11:59 AM
(27-01-2021, 10:35 PM)Osinachi Okpara My bootloader is unlocked. Please is there a way to get the entire procedure to flashing with fastboot? I saw somewhere that you erase some stock images and flash them with fastboot but it seems too huge of a task.

Code:

fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system /path/to/system.img
fastboot -w

3 commands : erase system, flash system.img and initiate a factory reset
Osinachi Okpara
Osinachi Okpara
Osinachi Okpara
28-01-2021, 01:25 PM
That's all? It's that easy?
Wow! Ok then. But can I use unofficial custom ROM images? If so, can I use unofficial GSI for Evolution X custom ROM? If so, what if it has other images to flash? What do I do then?

Also, how safe is this method? Can I get your number so we can do this in a more detailed fashion?

I also heard that if the system image is too big, it'll then have to be reduced as fastboot doesn't support heavy file transfers. How do I go about this?

Also, can I use SP flash tool to flash the images? Would that be as safe and effective as fastboot?

Even if It's your telegram username, that would more than suffice as I need as much expatiated solutions as I can get to avoid complications. Even then, I recently backed up my stock ROM just in case.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-01-2021, 04:52 PM
(28-01-2021, 01:25 PM)Osinachi Okpara That's all? It's that easy?
Wow! Ok then. But can I use unofficial custom ROM images? If so, can I use unofficial GSI for Evolution X custom ROM? If so, what if it has other images to flash? What do I do then?

Also, how safe is this method? Can I get your number so we can do this in a more detailed fashion?

I also heard that if the system image is too big, it'll then have to be reduced as fastboot doesn't support heavy file transfers. How do I go about this?

Also, can I use SP flash tool to flash the images? Would that be as safe and effective as fastboot?

Even if It's your telegram username, that would more than suffice as I need as much expatiated solutions as I can get to avoid complications. Even then, I recently backed up my stock ROM just in case.

you should do some research about gsi custom rom. the links below might help you
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-1...ct-treble/
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-gen...le-device/
Osinachi Okpara
Osinachi Okpara
Osinachi Okpara
28-01-2021, 05:23 PM

Thank you so much. You've been of great help to me. I actually just visited these sites before seeing your post. And now understand the full process.

Will be flashing the custom ROM tonight. Hope that the next time speak to you, it'll be on a new ROM.

THANKS AGAIN!!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2