Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android I can't unlock bootloader on infinix Hot Note x551
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

I can't unlock bootloader on infinix Hot Note x551

I can't unlock bootloader on infinix Hot Note x551

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2020, 04:36 PM

Whenever I try to unlock bootloader using adb fastboot, nothing happens at the screen where I select yes to unlock, I've tried many times and I have all the drivers, because of this I can't flash a custom recovery using adb, please help, I've been on this for four days. Device is infinix hot note x551 lollipop.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-09-2020, 09:19 PM
(28-09-2020, 04:36 PM)OjoBabajide Whenever I try to unlock bootloader using adb fastboot, nothing happens at the screen where I select yes to unlock, I've tried many times and I have all the drivers, because of this I can't flash a custom recovery using adb, please help, I've been on this for four days. Device is infinix hot note x551 lollipop.

Did you enable oem unlocking in developer options?
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2020, 10:03 PM
Yes I already did that , immediately after enabling usb debugging
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-09-2020, 01:20 PM
(28-09-2020, 04:36 PM)OjoBabajide Whenever I try to unlock bootloader using adb fastboot, nothing happens at the screen where I select yes to unlock, I've tried many times and I have all the drivers, because of this I can't flash a custom recovery using adb, please help, I've been on this for four days. Device is infinix hot note x551 lollipop.

you can flash your custom recovery using a different method e.g flash using scatter file + sp flash tool
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
Enthusiastic Member
29-09-2020, 03:25 PM

I keep getting error 4001, DA didn't send response data to flash tool,then the phone goes dead and I have to disconnect the inbuilt battery and reconnect it. Whatever i try to do with Sp flash tool, it interrupts before starting (tried flashing firmware, recovery and read back of scatter file), is there an alternative to Sp flash tool, I used SWD after sales to flash tecno firmware days ago, I'm not sure it works with infinix, but I've not had any luck with SP so I was wondering if there's any other way to flash firmware for infinix other than SP.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-09-2020, 08:15 AM

Is the device bricked or something?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-09-2020, 08:18 AM
(29-09-2020, 03:25 PM)OjoBabajide I keep getting error 4001, DA didn't send response data to flash tool,then the phone goes dead ..

See if Infinix flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9224.html is able to flash a firmware of the same build number
If not then you should try a different PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
Enthusiastic Member
30-09-2020, 09:05 PM
Infinix flash tool says "USRDATA: PMT changed for the rom; it must be downloaded." Both SP Flash tool and Software Download tool keep giving the error "DA didn't send response data" after the red loading bar is stuck at "download DA 100%"

Although I'm trying to flash 4.4 firmware on the device, rather than 5.1, (I couldn't unlock bootloader on the 5.1 and it had performance issues) I don't know if that's the issue with the infinix flash tool
This post was last modified: 30-09-2020, 09:11 PM by OjoBabajide.
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
Enthusiastic Member
30-09-2020, 09:21 PM
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17809.html

Just found this thread, his reason is why I'm trying to downgrade mine too but you've explained that it's not possible, can infinix flash tool flash custom roms? Since I'm having no luck with SWD tool and SP flash tool (error 4001) for both.
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
OjoBabajide
Enthusiastic Member
01-10-2020, 12:29 AM

(30-09-2020, 08:15 AM)hovatek

Is the device bricked or something?

Yes, it can't boot, it only shows the infinix logo, I later cleared cache and now it doesn't come on but 2 different PCs can detect it
Pages (2): 1 2 Next