Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Oppo r2017 bricked after successful flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Oppo r2017 bricked after successful flash

Oppo r2017 bricked after successful flash

alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
20-09-2020, 04:23 PM

Hi! I have an oppo r2017 from China with a Qualcomm chipset. It had a critical operating system failure which could only be repaired through flash.
I downloaded 2 firmware from the oppo firmware website for the oppo r2017 and flashed it using miracle box. The flash was successful for both firmwares but the phone won't boot.
I tried to flash it with different tools like qfil and msm download tool but it won't flash.
I even tried flashing a dump firmware from. Perfectly working oppo r2017 via miracle box but still yet it won't boot.
Please help me get a solution. I don't have a very good knowledge when it comes to flashing Qualcomm devices

Envoyé de mon Nokia 5.1 Plus en utilisant Tapatalk
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-09-2020, 09:05 AM
(20-09-2020, 04:23 PM)alimalamm Hi! I have an oppo r2017 from China with a Qualcomm chipset. It had a critical operating system failure which could only be repaired through flash.
I downloaded 2 firmware from the oppo firmware website for the oppo r2017 and flashed it using miracle box. The flash was successful for both firmwares but the phone won't boot.
I tried to flash it with different tools like qfil and msm download tool but it won't flash.
I even tried flashing a dump firmware from. Perfectly working oppo r2017 via miracle box but still yet it won't boot.
Please help me get a solution. I don't have a very good knowledge when it comes to flashing Qualcomm devices

when you say "won't boot" after successfully flashing, does this mean the phone is totally dead or stuck at boot?
if stuck at boot, did you try factory resetting in recovery mode after flashing?
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
21-09-2020, 12:02 PM
It won't boot totally. The screen is black and it doesn't vibrate when you press power button but it still connects to the computer in edl mode

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-09-2020, 01:27 PM
(21-09-2020, 12:02 PM)alimalamm It won't boot totally. The screen is black and it doesn't vibrate when you press power button but it still connects to the computer in edl mode

seems like faulty emmc ie if you are using the right firmware for this model
do you remember the previous build number of the phone before it got bricked?
what exactly happened that got the device bricked in the first place?

try reading firmware from the phone while in edl, are you able to read?
if yes, read recovery.img
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-09-2020, 10:41 AM

(20-09-2020, 04:23 PM)alimalamm ...It had a critical operating system failure ..

How did this start and do you have a picture of the error or what the phone displayed?
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?
Also, whats the error in QFIL?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
24-09-2020, 08:10 AM
(22-09-2020, 01:27 PM)X3non
(21-09-2020, 12:02 PM)alimalamm It won't boot totally. The screen is black and it doesn't vibrate when you press power button but it still connects to the computer in edl mode

seems like faulty emmc ie if you are using the right firmware for this model
do you remember the previous build number of the phone before it got bricked?
what exactly happened that got the device bricked in the first place?

try reading firmware from the phone while in edl, are you able to read?
if yes, read recovery.img
I couldn't read the build number because the phone recovery didn't display the build number. But the phone came 2. So the other one is perfectly working and i made a backup of it and flashed it in the other faulty one but still yet won't boot

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-09-2020, 07:16 AM
(24-09-2020, 08:10 AM)alimalamm I couldn't read the build number because the phone recovery didn't display the build number. But the phone came 2. So the other one is perfectly working and i made a backup of it and flashed it in the other faulty one but still yet won't boot

Respond to my previous comment

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.