Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked Cubot J5
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Bricked Cubot J5

[Please help] Bricked Cubot J5

odelind
odelind
odelind
11-08-2020, 11:49 PM

Hello,

I bought a Cubot J5 as a gift from someone else (not too used to smartphones). After a few days the phone was having troubles and, due recommendation of the seller, I was told to update it via sp flashtools (everything downloaded via the official site cubot.net). I tried to do so but the remedy was worse than the disease and I ended bricking the phone. 

Right now the phone doesn't turn on or react in any way, not even charging (I doubt it have battery at this point), but the SP Flashtools can still interact with the phone. 

There are two errors, 6128 and 1041. The first one is theoretically fixed by ticking two options related to the checksum in the Download section but by doing so, the second error appears instead. The solution for this should be delete the checksum.ini file, which doesn't get generated (or at least I can't find it) and untick the two options within Downloads, which causes the error 6128 again. 

I did a memory test and got two errors: 

-NAND flash not detected
-UFS not detected

I also tried to format without bootloader but didn't seem to change the result.

Is there a way to make it functional again? I don't mind if I have to leave it blank and root it or something. I don't know much about these things and just can't afford another phone right now. 

Thank you in advance.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-08-2020, 09:27 AM
(11-08-2020, 11:49 PM)odelind ...
I tried to do so but the remedy was worse than the disease and I ended bricking the phone. 

i take it that the flashing attempt got the phone dead, did you get to successfully flash the firmware or it failed with an error? before the phone went totally dead

(11-08-2020, 11:49 PM)odelind I did a memory test and got two errors: 

these really are not errors, the device doesn't use nand or ufs storage, rather emmc

(11-08-2020, 11:49 PM)odelind Is there a way to make it functional again? I don't mind if I have to leave it blank and root it or something. I don't know much about these things and just can't afford another phone right now. ...

you can try generating checksum.ini for the firmware then retry flashing ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23301.html
odelind
odelind
odelind
12-08-2020, 07:18 PM
If I recalled properly, the error was failed to get PMT info or something related to that. Sadly, I forgot to take an screenshot and can't remember exactly. 

I'll try the checksum solution you gave me and post the results.

Edit 1: I read somewhere else that if the drivers arent installed properly that might cause the problem. I just checked the device manager and found yellow triangles over the drivers. I tried to reinstalled it but no results, if that might be the cause, what can I do?

Edit 2: Tried to Checksum generator, but still got the loop between 6128 and 1041.
This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 07:57 PM by odelind.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-08-2020, 10:17 AM
(12-08-2020, 07:18 PM)odelind If I recalled properly, the error was failed to get PMT info or something related to that. Sadly, I forgot to take an screenshot and can't remember exactly. 

if the first flash that resulted in a dead phone was a failed attempt then take out / reinsert the battery, this should get the device back to the previous state it was assuming you didn't select the option to "format" in spft

(12-08-2020, 07:18 PM)odelind Edit 1: I read somewhere else that if the drivers arent installed properly that might cause the problem. I just checked the device manager and found yellow triangles over the drivers. I tried to reinstalled it but no results, if that might be the cause, what can I do?

yellow triangle on driver indicates that it's an unsigned driver, not that the driver doesn't work
you can always test the driver, open device manager > connect the phone while its switched off and check if it gets detected

(12-08-2020, 07:18 PM)odelind Edit 2: Tried to Checksum generator, but still got the loop between 6128 and 1041.

try using a different firmware build and specified flash tool @ http://forum.cubot.net/viewtopic.php?f=2...b1c1134f91 OR https://www.cubot.net/platform/Support/d...id/15.html