Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Android Smartphone Camera Upgrade
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Android Smartphone Camera Upgrade

Android Smartphone Camera Upgrade

Linas Pečkys
Linas Pečkys
Linas Pečkys
Enthusiastic Member
24-05-2020, 07:15 AM

Hello, Hovatek Team!

I wonder have You ever this question? Previously I owned Xiaomi Poco F1 ant it's main camera, especially with GCam app was awesome. Very high level photos, very good clarity. I could do very good photos in the dark where I could barely see something with my own eyes (in astrophotography mode). Unfortunatelly, I have to be honest, but BV9800 Pro has lower quality camera... The photos are not so good as compared side by side to Poco F1. The diffefence is kind of obvious. Especially in low light...

I wonder can we take some other camera module and replace it on the BV9800 Pro to take a better quality photos? Possible?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
25-05-2020, 01:23 PM
(24-05-2020, 07:15 AM)Linas Pečkys Hello, Hovatek Team!

I wonder have You ever this question? Previously I owned Xiaomi Poco F1 ant it's main camera, especially with GCam app was awesome. Very high level photos, very good clarity. I could do very good photos in the dark where I could barely see something with my own eyes (in astrophotography mode). Unfortunatelly, I have to be honest, but BV9800 Pro has lower quality camera... The photos are not so good as compared side by side to Poco F1. The diffefence is kind of obvious. Especially in low light...

I wonder can we take some other camera module and replace it on the BV9800 Pro to take a better quality photos? Possible?

good you mentioned gcam on your other phone, search online for a gcam port that'll work for your BV device
Linas Pečkys
Linas Pečkys
Linas Pečkys
Enthusiastic Member
25-05-2020, 03:59 PM
(25-05-2020, 01:23 PM)freshtyt
(24-05-2020, 07:15 AM)Linas Pečkys Hello, Hovatek Team!

good you mentioned gcam on your other phone, search online for a gcam port that'll work for your BV device
Tried, found few, not perfectly working (on some video mode does not work, on other panoramic and so). But the thing is that the pictures are still not as close as good as compared to Poco F1. On other forum, the guy said that this is probably there were better lens used in Poco F1. So this is why I created this post - to find out if it is possible to upgrade the camera module.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-05-2020, 10:37 AM
(25-05-2020, 03:59 PM)Linas Pečkys ... to find out if it is possible to upgrade the camera module.

No, it is not possible