Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Cant get my Tecno Camon CF7 rooted
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Cant get my Tecno Camon CF7 rooted

[Please help] Cant get my Tecno Camon CF7 rooted

Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Enthusiastic Member
17-04-2020, 05:46 PM

I've been trying to root my tecno CF7 without success. I've tried countless tutorials but yet nothing came up.

I followed the procedure to unlock my OEM bootloader.
And everything worked fine, but when I press the code to check if my phone has been unlocked, nothing comes up!

But when I boot up my Tecno CF7 it shows the "Orange State, device has been unlocked and can't be trusted". And from my Developer options, the OEM bootloader has is active and greyed out and states boot loader unlocked.
So I decided to get the TWRP for Tecno CF7 and using adb, I flashed the recovery and it was success.
But when I use the adb to enter the recovery, it just brings the android robot and I couldn't see the recovery option to choose from the list so as to start up the TWRP.

I tried the power button and volume up, but yet from the list nothing like recovery except the "recovery log".

Don't know if I've done anything wrong or missed anything.

I've also tried installing the Recovery with SP Flash tool, but when I plugged in my phone, it shows error: brom cmd ...."
My phone is still working fine and it's currently the one I'm messaging witj

Thanks
This post was last modified: 17-04-2020, 07:41 PM by Goldinhma.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-04-2020, 09:48 AM
(17-04-2020, 05:46 PM)Goldinhma I've been trying to root my tecno CF7 without success. I've tried countless tutorials but yet nothing came up.

And everything worked fine, but when I press the code to check if my phone has been unlocked, nothing comes up!

But when I boot up my Tecno CF7 it shows the "Orange State, device has been unlocked and can't be trusted". And from my Developer options, the OEM bootloader has is active and greyed out and states boot loader unlocked.
So I decided to get the TWRP for Tecno CF7 and using adb, I flashed the recovery and it was success.
But when I use the adb to enter the recovery, it just brings the android robot and I couldn't see the recovery option to choose from the list so as to start up the TWRP.

I tried the power button and volume up, but yet from the list nothing like recovery except the "recovery log".

I've also tried installing the Recovery with SP Flash tool, but when I plugged in my phone, it shows error: brom cmd ...."
My phone is still working fine and it's currently the one I'm messaging witj

Thanks

to root, patch boot using magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html and ensure to use boot.img for your exact phone build number
Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Enthusiastic Member
20-04-2020, 07:12 AM
[quote pid='191177' dateline='1587199716']
Thanks, I'll check the process and get back to you. Smile
[/quote]
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-04-2020, 03:27 PM
(20-04-2020, 07:12 AM)Goldinhma Thanks, I'll check the process and get back to you. Smile

oh and for the orange state error, you can try removing it using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31664.html
olakunal
olakunal
olakunal
23-04-2020, 02:25 PM

(20-04-2020, 03:27 PM)X3non
(20-04-2020, 07:12 AM)Goldinhma Thanks, I'll check the process and get back to you. Smile

oh and for the orange state error, you can try removing it using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31664.html

And from my Developer options, the OEM bootloader has is active and greyed out and states boot loader unlocked.

Usually, once the bootloader is unlocked, during the next boot, the phone would initiate a wipe. If your device does not wipe off userdata then you made a mistake somehow. Kindly wipe your device and start all over again. OK?

1. Method 1
if flashing with adb, then  run the fastboot command at least 3 times.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Android has a built it recovery persistence that overrides the custom recovery(TWRP) and replaces it with stock recovery again an again. This is a security feature so always keep it in mind.

To defeat it, run the

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

at least 3 times. If such happens again, know that I defeated it using SPFT.

HOW TO BOOT INTO TWRP.
Dont depend on fast boot commands here as it doesn't work.

The only way that works is.
1. Power off phone.
2. Press the power and volume + buttons together.
3. Immediately the screen powers on, release the power button but do not release the Volume + button.
4. Wait for a few more seconds and release the volume + button.

You'll notice a dark screen. don't be frightened as this is normal.

Once the dark screen is displayed, just press the power button, wait 3 seconds and press power button again.

That's it and its very very easy to do.
Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Enthusiastic Member
23-04-2020, 04:18 PM
(18-04-2020, 09:48 AM)X3non
(17-04-2020, 05:46 PM)Goldinhma I've been trying to root my tecno CF7 without success. I've tried countless tutorials but yet nothing came up.

My phone is still working fine and it's currently the one I'm messaging with

Thanks

Thanks so much! I followed the step and I finally rooted it successfully! Any suggestions on custom Roms I can use?
olakunal
olakunal
olakunal
23-04-2020, 08:56 PM
Custom roms for CF7 have bugs just like other Generic System Image (GSI) Roms eg: Hotspot not working etc.

I would advise you stick with your HiOs stock ROM, which in my opinion is also a custom ROM as it differs from Google's original vanilla android roms.

If you need some modifications, I'll advise you go use Xposed Framework for Oreo + Gravity. Gravity helps you unlock most of the features available in other custom Roms.

TIP:  You must perform a full nandroid backup (all 35 partitions) using my custom TWRP before you install in Xposed. Safety first since you're still a beginner so you can easily recover from your mistakes without any help.

To fully backup all 35 partitions on your MediTek  chipset, you need to be running my custom TWRP for CF7. Get it here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31817.html

If you're still interested in testing a Custom ROM this would be your guide. Jackson Ma kinda released Lineage OS 16 aka Android 9 (pie) GSI for Camon CF7 a while back. You can read here first.
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31384.html

Then try it later
This post was last modified: 23-04-2020, 09:05 PM by olakunal.
Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Goldinhma
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2020, 01:27 PM
(23-04-2020, 08:56 PM)olakunal Custom roms for CF7 have bugs just like other Generic System Image (GSI) Roms eg: Hotspot not working etc.

I would advise you stick with your HiOs stock ROM, which in my opinion is also a custom ROM as it differs from Google's original vanilla android roms.

If you need some modifications, I'll advise you go use Xposed Framework for Oreo + Gravity. Gravity helps you unlock most of the features available in other custom Roms.

TIP:  You must perform a full nandroid backup (all 35 partitions) using my custom TWRP before you install in Xposed. Safety first since you're still a beginner so you can easily recover from your mistakes without any help.

To fully backup all 35 partitions on your MediTek  chipset, you need to be running my custom TWRP for CF7. Get it here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31817.html

If you're still interested in testing a Custom ROM this would be your guide. Jackson Ma kinda released Lineage OS 16 aka Android 9 (pie) GSI for Camon CF7 a while back. You can read here first.

Then try it later
------------------
Thanks so much! I'll stick to the advise on using the ROM that came with it to avoid issues.
 I'll check out the Xposed too. Thanks
olakunal
olakunal
olakunal
24-04-2020, 03:09 PM
(24-04-2020, 01:27 PM)Goldinhma
(23-04-2020, 08:56 PM)olakunal Custom roms for CF7 have bugs just like other Generic System Image (GSI) Roms eg: Hotspot not working etc.

Then try it later
------------------
Thanks so much! I'll stick to the advise on using the ROM that came with it to avoid issues.
 I'll check out the Xposed too. Thanks

I'm glad you found the information useful. Just keep in mind that  having a failsafe(backup) is very important when working with 'embedded linux' or 'linux for embedded devices' which is popularly called Android today
This post was last modified: 24-04-2020, 03:14 PM by olakunal.