Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] How to unlock infinix hot3 LTE bootloader
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How to unlock infinix hot3 LTE bootloader

[Please help] How to unlock infinix hot3 LTE bootloader

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-04-2020, 06:35 PM

(22-04-2020, 10:39 AM)Magnar Update: I tried unpacking and repacking with the backup I got from using the flashify app I was able to unpack the image. I saw the two folders just as you have said, and I did not make any changes to anything. But, upon repacking, it gave me an error at the end, and no image-new.img was created.

Sent from my Infinix HOT 3 LTE using Hovatek Mobile

yes, this was what i noticed and studied yesterday. it actually has nothing to do with how the recovery/boot.img was obtained too
the dtb image within seem to be QCDT, and seems unsupported by AIK
anyway try this twrp @ https://mega.nz/file/va5B0IwT#KgYUZocICj...gfUzvO4uks

oh and the tool used to successfully (seemingly) unpack / repack was gotten from the link @ https://github.com/xiaolu/mkbootimg_tools
This post was last modified: 22-04-2020, 06:37 PM by X3non.
Magnar
Magnar
Magnar
22-04-2020, 07:28 PM
Quote:...
Thanks a lot Xenon. I really appreciate your effort here. I flashed this one too I still got the same problem. I am unable to boot to recovery after flash but, restoring back to stock, I was able to. Could this be the phone blocking me from flashing a custom recovery? What about "no-verity" stuff? cos I came across something like that which will allow a custom recovery stay over stock or something like that. I don't know if I misunderstood that. But could it be that it is the phone that doesn't want any custom recovery over the stock?

This post was last modified: 22-04-2020, 07:29 PM by Magnar.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-04-2020, 01:21 PM
(22-04-2020, 07:28 PM)Magnar Thanks a lot Xenon. I really appreciate your effort here. I flashed this one too I still got the same problem. I am unable to boot to recovery after flash but, restoring back to stock, I was able to. Could this be the phone blocking me from flashing a custom recovery? What about "no-verity" stuff? cos I came across something like that which will allow a custom recovery stay over stock or something like that. I don't know if I misunderstood that. But could it be that it is the phone that doesn't want any custom recovery over the stock?

might be due to dm_verity but that's yet to be seen
get a linux os / pc (you can use vmware on windows), then use the tool i shared above to unpack / repack your boot.img (no modifications) then reflash the boot.img onto your device. let me know if your device still functions properly

oh and before you do so, you might want to download full stock firmware for your device and also find out how to boot your device into edl mode, cause if you try the above test with boot.img and it fails then you'll need to flash using edl mode and qfil but that's the only way to confirm that the problem isn't from the tool itself
firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html
edl mode @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21791.html
Magnar
Magnar
Magnar
23-04-2020, 03:25 PM
Okay thanks. But I'll do it after I get a backup device for communications just in case things go rogue as I don't have any as backup, just this infinix. I was also thinking, I came across that dm-verity file. Do you think if I flash that dm-verity file with the flashify app and then flash the custom recovery or vise versa it would work? Maybe it would help keep the twrp. What do you think?

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-04-2020, 12:03 AM

(23-04-2020, 03:25 PM)Magnar
Okay thanks. But I'll do it after I get a backup device for communications just in case things go rogue as I don't have any as backup, just this infinix. I was also thinking, I came across that dm-verity file. Do you think if I flash that dm-verity file with the flashify app and then flash the custom recovery or vise versa it would work? Maybe it would help keep the twrp. What do you think?

dm_verity file? what file are you referring to?
normally for avb1(which your device has) it should be patching boot to disable dm_verity then flash custom recovery (this is assuming dm_verity is actively blocking the device from accepting custom images)

keeping twrp is an entirely different issue altogether, if you were able to boot to twrp initially or after rebooting the device, it reverts back to stock recovery then removing / renaming the recovery-from-boot.p file from within /system partition using a root browser or using twrp file manager (without root) should fix this

all this is assuming the twrp really works for the device in question
Pages (2): Previous 1 2