Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Please help, I cant restore my bricked phone.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Please help, I cant restore my bricked phone.

Please help, I cant restore my bricked phone.

taykay
taykay
taykay
08-04-2020, 07:51 PM

Hi, I tried to increase my /system partition using parted and it was successful but i had to touch cache and userdata, so i tried installing a new custom rom, i wiped my system and recovery and i mistakenly wiped my /boot partition now my phone won't come on. I tried to write them back using spflash tool and stock scatter file but it showed "pmt changed for the rom" and i tried the format but it showed "STATUS_SEC_WRITE_DATA_NOT_ALLOWED",i also tried miracle thunder 2.82 but it just stays stucked at downloading boot8 even after pressing boot key. My device is hisense F25 MT6739. Please help, thank you.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-04-2020, 11:21 PM
(08-04-2020, 07:51 PM)taykay Hi, I tried to increase my /system partition using parted and it was successful but i had to touch cache and userdata, so i tried installing a new custom rom, i wiped my system and recovery and i mistakenly wiped my /boot partition now my phone won't come on. I tried to write them back using spflash tool and stock scatter file but it showed "pmt changed for the rom" and i tried the format but it showed "STATUS_SEC_WRITE_DATA_NOT_ALLOWED",i also tried miracle thunder 2.82 but it just stays stucked at downloading boot8 even after pressing boot key. My device is hisense F25 MT6739. Please help, thank you.
Did you take note of the phone's original build no? 
Which firmware are you trying to flash the phone with, is it for your phone's build?
taykay
taykay
taykay
09-04-2020, 10:04 AM
Yes i did. I have the phone's original firmware from a rom dump/backup i did before the phone got bricked.
This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 10:08 AM by taykay.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-04-2020, 11:19 AM
(09-04-2020, 10:04 AM)taykay Yes i did. I have the phone's original firmware from a rom dump/backup i did before the phone got bricked.

try editing the scatter file, increase the length / move of each of the partitions you modified just as you did using parted tool then retry flashing using the modified scatter file and only files for the partitions you removed
btw did you watch the video parted tool guide?
taykay
taykay
taykay
09-04-2020, 01:50 PM

Ok thanks but i don't know how to increase the size because its in HEX. No, i use a tutorial i saw on xda.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-04-2020, 07:17 PM
(09-04-2020, 01:50 PM)taykay Ok thanks but i don't know how to increase the size because its in HEX. No, i use a tutorial i saw on xda.

a scientific calculator will come in handy now (windows 10 has one preinstalled). the values you used in parted tool are in decimal so you'll have to convert them to hexedecimal

basically what you'll be doing is this, the partition before the last partition you removed will be the start addr for the next partition
so lets say the last partition you had was lk and within the scatter file its start addr is 0x100 and the length is 0x800 and the last partition you removed is system, system start addr will be the addition of both lengths from lk which is 0x900

you repeat the same procedure till the very last partition

okay, that explains it cause it's mentioned in our video certain steps to take (such as enabling adb and mtp in recovery and getting your twrp recovery to be able to flash recovery.img so you can always reboot back to twrp) before moving to remove partitions so you don't land in difficult situations such as your current situation
This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 07:29 PM by X3non.
taykay
taykay
taykay
09-04-2020, 09:37 PM
Thanks. Let me start working.