Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Need Help in Rooting of Vivo V5 PD1612F
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Need Help in Rooting of Vivo V5 PD1612F

[Please help] Need Help in Rooting of Vivo V5 PD1612F

Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
06-04-2020, 06:37 PM

I Ported Twrp for my Vivo V5 and its DM-Verify Found, I patched boot.img using magisk but when i Tried to flash it using SPFlash tool I'm getting Insufficient Buffer but I done all correct even the Scatter file also all correct, what to do Help!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2020, 09:37 AM
(06-04-2020, 06:37 PM)GauthamKrishna I Ported Twrp for my Vivo V5 and its DM-Verify Found, I patched boot.img using magisk but when i Tried to flash it using SPFlash tool I'm getting Insufficient Buffer but I done all correct even the Scatter file also all correct, what to do Help!!

unlock the bootloader on your phone then flash using fastboot
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
07-04-2020, 02:34 PM
(07-04-2020, 09:37 AM)X3non
(06-04-2020, 06:37 PM)GauthamKrishna I Ported Twrp for my Vivo V5 and its DM-Verify Found, I patched boot.img using magisk but when i Tried to flash it using SPFlash tool I'm getting Insufficient Buffer but I done all correct even the Scatter file also all correct, what to do Help!!

I already Unlocked Bootloader!! I tried with fast boot commands to flash boot img which I got from magisk and it's not going to system after I flashed magisk patched img, rebooting to recovery!!, I really need to root my phone with Magisk, Help me bro PLZ!!
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-04-2020, 04:04 PM
(07-04-2020, 02:34 PM)GauthamKrishna

I already Unlocked Bootloader!! I tried with fast boot commands to flash boot img which I got from magisk and it's not going to system after I flashed magisk patched img, rebooting to recovery!!, I really need to root my phone with Magisk, Help me bro PLZ!!

After flashing the patched boot with fastboot boot to recovery mode direct and wipe data/factory reset the phone.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-04-2020, 04:05 PM

After flashing the patched boot with fastboot boot to recovery mode direct and wipe data/factory reset the phone.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2020, 07:30 PM
(07-04-2020, 02:34 PM)GauthamKrishna I already Unlocked Bootloader!! I tried with fast boot commands to flash boot img which I got from magisk and it's not going to system after I flashed magisk patched img, rebooting to recovery!!, I really need to root my phone with Magisk, Help me bro PLZ!!

i hope its the regular command you used to flash patched boot i.e fastboot flash boot boot.img
you could try a different approach, first fix your device by flashing back stock boot (you can reboot to recovery mode then select the option reboot to bootloader then flash stock boot using fastboot OR better still you could just flash using SP flash tool, it should work fine with stock boot)

then patch boot using method 1 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html
flash the boot to the phone and confirm that the device can boot to homescreen
if it can then port twrp using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
download supersu zip and copy to both your internal storage and ext_sd
flash twrp and boot to recovery, if twrp boots then flash super su zip and reboot
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
07-04-2020, 07:56 PM
(07-04-2020, 07:30 PM)X3non
(07-04-2020, 02:34 PM)GauthamKrishna I already Unlocked Bootloader!! I tried with fast boot commands to flash boot img which I got from magisk and it's not going to system after I flashed magisk patched img, rebooting to recovery!!, I really need to root my phone with Magisk, Help me bro PLZ!!

i hope its the regular command you used to flash patched boot i.e fastboot flash boot boot.img
you could try a different approach, first fix your device by flashing back stock boot (you can reboot to recovery mode then select the option reboot to bootloader then flash stock boot using fastboot OR better still you could just flash using SP flash tool, it should work fine with stock boot)

then patch boot using method 1 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html
flash the boot to the phone and confirm that the device can boot to homescreen
if it can then port twrp using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
download supersu zip and copy to both your internal storage and ext_sd
flash twrp and boot to recovery, if twrp boots then flash super su zip and reboot
1)I Tried Method 1 which is in Hex Editor But the Hex value of DM-Verify Not found in my Boot.img and Also tried other Methods to disable DM-Verify but Nothing WOrks!!
2) I already used Auto Port tool to Port TWRP for My Vivo V5 and Install Twrp 5.0 Lollipop bcoz Marshmellow TWRP Not working, and when I Tried to Flash any Zip Like Magisk, Im getting Error " Failed to Mount (Invalid Argument)". So, No Luck In TWRP also what to do PLZ Help me Bro!!
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
07-04-2020, 07:59 PM
(07-04-2020, 04:05 PM)innagee

I also Tried this But Not Working Still Getting BootLoop!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-04-2020, 09:53 AM
(07-04-2020, 07:56 PM)GauthamKrishna 1)I Tried Method 1 which is in Hex Editor But the Hex value of DM-Verify Not found in my Boot.img and Also tried other Methods to disable DM-Verify but Nothing WOrks!!
2) I already used Auto Port tool to Port TWRP for My Vivo V5 and Install Twrp 5.0 Lollipop bcoz Marshmellow TWRP Not working, and when I Tried to Flash any Zip Like Magisk, Im getting Error " Failed to Mount (Invalid Argument)". So, No Luck In TWRP also what to do PLZ Help me Bro!!

1. it's supposed to be the hex value of verify not dm-verity but since you were able to get a twrp that boots then no need for this anymore
2. extract both your stock recovery and the ported twrp into different folders
copy the correct mount points values from stock\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab
copy the correct mount point values to twrp\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab
repack the twrp > flash and confirm that the mount problems is fixed. you can then flash supersu zip

for unpacking / repacking both recoveries, use AIK @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...?t=2073775
for unpacking, drag and drop the recovery file to unpack.bat
for repacking, run the repackimg.bat
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
GauthamKrishna
08-04-2020, 10:49 AM

(08-04-2020, 09:53 AM)X3non
(07-04-2020, 07:56 PM)GauthamKrishna 1)I Tried Method 1 which is in Hex Editor But the Hex value of DM-Verify Not found in my Boot.img and Also tried other Methods to disable DM-Verify but Nothing WOrks!!

1. it's supposed to be the hex value of verify not dm-verity but since you were able to get a twrp that boots then no need for this anymore
2. extract both your stock recovery and the ported twrp into different folders
copy the correct mount points values from stock\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab
copy the correct mount point values to twrp\ramdisk\etc\recovery.fstab
repack the twrp > flash and confirm that the mount problems is fixed. you can then flash supersu zip

for unpacking / repacking both recoveries, use AIK @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...?t=2073775
for unpacking, drag and drop the recovery file to unpack.bat
for repacking, run the repackimg.bat
Still not Able to Mount anything and I used your Auto port TWRP Tool to Port TWRP for My Vivo V5 and Repacked, flashed again as you said! but Not mounting at all, I attached the Pictures below, Help me I want to root my Vivo V5 PLZ

https://imgur.com/TmYjhLZ
https://imgur.com/QKpOSdc
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next