Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Persistent problem of mismatching drivers/device. (Win10-Alcatel 1 5033D)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Persistent problem of mismatching drivers/device. (Win10-Alcatel 1 5033D)

[Please help] Persistent problem of mismatching drivers/device. (Win10-Alcatel 1 5033D)

Galat
Galat
Galat
04-03-2020, 08:46 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you in advance to those who will attempt to help me.

For the purpose of following this very good guide: [Tutorial] How to use Wwr MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom

My phone : Alcatel 1 5033D (MT6739)

And after having followed closely the following two tutorials: I am struggling with making match the drivers MTK USB Port and MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) with my phone when plugging it offline to PC (Win10 insalled). Despite having installed the drivers using the method described in the first subtutorial mentioned (using the "MediaTek USB VCOM drivers" package hosted by hovatek), once I plug my phone in, my device appears detected for a couple of seconds on Device Manager with the exact same denomination/name of those 2 drivers previously installed (one after the other) before eventually disappearing (still visible but shaded after selecting "Show Hidden devices"). How can I make detect my phone to match those 2 installed drivers?

I repeated the process several times by previously removing all the drivers with USV Deview. I also tried on a Win7 installation but after plugging my phone in, it could not install any driver automatically. Once again, it could not match with the installed drivers (using the "MediaTek USB VCOM drivers" package hosted by hovatek) there as well.

My phone/android system is OK. My goal is to try to backup the raw dump to analyze lost data after mounting specific partitions I would get from that process. 

Just let me know if you need more details.

Thank you so much for your help and I want to congratulate by the way for your hard work on those tutorials/videos.
This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 08:47 PM by Galat.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-03-2020, 10:38 AM
(04-03-2020, 08:46 PM)Galat Hi everyone!

after installing the drivers regardless of your device only showing up in hidden items, what happens when you attempt a readback?
does sp flash tool detect the phone?
Galat
Galat
Galat
05-03-2020, 03:32 PM
Thank you for your answer.

As we might expect, I get the following error :

PHP Code:

ERRORSTATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0XC0060003

This happens after attempting a readback once the MTK USB Port device disconnected/disappeared from the Device Manager, launching it just before or after the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) gets at its turn detected.

https://imgshare.io/image/tZZI5
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-03-2020, 09:42 PM
(05-03-2020, 03:32 PM)Galat Thank you for your answer.

As we might expect, I get the following error :

Code:

ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0XC0060003)

This happens after attempting a readback once the MTK USB Port device disconnected/disappeared from the Device Manager, launching it just before or after the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) gets at its turn detected.

https://imgshare.io/image/tZZI5

your device requires a custom DA, and from your screenshot it gets detected
download DA for your model @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23775.html
Galat
Galat
Galat
06-03-2020, 11:12 AM

I forgot to mention that I was already using the custom DA and Auth files the forum provide for my model  : [Downloads] Alcatel MTK Secure Boot Download Agent (DA) loader files

I think the problem is rather related to the fact that the "MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android)" gets disconnected immediately after being detected, so the readback can't be achieved. Instead of holding the connection, the device gets detected a third time under "Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device" libeled driver to eventually enter in battery charging mod.

So whenever I plug the offline phone in (battery in and fully charged or at least over 80%), I can hear 3 connection and 2 disconnection successive sounds in an order of detection of that sort : MTK USB Port connected > disconnected > MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) connected > disconnected > Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device connected.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 11:28 AM by Galat.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-03-2020, 07:28 PM
(06-03-2020, 11:12 AM)Galat ...So whenever I plug the offline phone in (battery in and fully charged or at least over 80%), I can hear 3 connection and 2 disconnection successive sounds in an order of detection of that sort : MTK USB Port connected > disconnected > MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) connected > disconnected > Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device connected.

do you hold any buttons while connecting the phone to the PC?
Galat
Galat
Galat
07-03-2020, 04:46 PM
So far I was not holding any button while plugging the phone to PC. So now I tried to connect the phone to PC by pressing on the volume up button as it is sometimes suggested after launching the readback procedure. As a result, the MTK USB Port device got detected and I got immediately the following error :

Code:

ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005)

It worth to note that after that, the MTK USB Port held the connection longer than the usual before disconnecting again and that the same sequential detection (connection/disconnection) as I talked about earlier starts again : MTK USB Port > MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) > Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device.

I also tried the same procedure by plugging the phone in the PC having got the battery off (not putting it back). I got basically the same result excluding of course the last device detection (Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device.)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-03-2020, 09:04 AM
(07-03-2020, 04:46 PM)Galat ...
I also tried the same procedure by plugging the phone in the PC having got the battery off (not putting it back). I got basically the same result excluding of course the last device detection (Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device.)

try updating the final linux file cd driver you see to vcom preloader driver using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2020, 09:20 PM
(07-03-2020, 04:46 PM)Galat So far I was not holding any button while plugging the phone to PC. So now I tried to connect the phone to PC by pressing on the volume up button as it is sometimes suggested after launching the readback procedure. As a result, the MTK USB Port device got detected and I got immediately the following error :

Code:

ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005)

It worth to note that after that, the MTK USB Port held the connection longer than the usual before disconnecting again and that the same sequential detection (connection/disconnection) as I talked about earlier starts again : MTK USB Port > MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) > Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device.

Try this.
1. Uninstall all MTK divers using USB Deview then reboot the PC
2. Power off the phone, hold both volume buttons then connect to PC. See if any drivers gets auto installed
3. Reinstall Mediatek drivers but you do something different. You repeat the driver installation, selecting each item on the list one by one. The driver installation guide selected only Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM but you install all the others too

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.