Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android MT6779 Help
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

MT6779 Help

MT6779 Help

Woogi
Woogi
Woogi
03-01-2020, 02:58 AM

I have a Doogee S95Pro that uses the MT6779. I have two phones, one is broken, I flashed a bad recovery.img and now its boot looping. The one is working great. I want to use the good one to make a perfect backup. Tried using WWR_MTK to make a scatter file, and when I load the scatter file into SPFT I get a STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID error if I hold the Volume button UP. If I hold it DOWN I get a STORAGE TYPE MISMATCH - scatter - EMMC, DEVICE - UFS.

Update - In my scatter file, I have tried PRELOADER and preloader - same error.

Update - It looks like I have a preloader_a and preloader_b partitions? Each points to /dev/block/mmcblk0boot0 and boot1
This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 05:34 AM by Woogi.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 11:06 AM
(03-01-2020, 02:58 AM)Woogi I have a Doogee S95Pro that uses the MT6779. I have two phones, one is broken, I flashed a bad recovery.img and now its boot looping. The one is working great. I want to use the good one to make a perfect backup. Tried using WWR_MTK to make a scatter file, and when I load the scatter file into SPFT I get a STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID error if I hold the Volume button UP. If I hold it DOWN I get a STORAGE TYPE MISMATCH - scatter - EMMC, DEVICE - UFS.

Update - In my scatter file, I have tried PRELOADER and preloader - same error.

Update - It looks like I have a preloader_a and preloader_b partitions? Each points to /dev/block/mmcblk0boot0 and boot1

boot0 and boot1 both hold preloader, one as a backup partition
you still have a private session in progress