Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix X626 flashing Error (Ext ram exception)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix X626 flashing Error (Ext ram exception)

Infinix X626 flashing Error (Ext ram exception)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Enthusiastic Member
12-12-2019, 12:32 AM

I need help. I am trying to revive an infinix X626 that for some reason went into bootrom mode after trying to connect it with sigmakey via DA file. 
Phone was working fine and I even made a firmware backup.
When I try to flash it with any box, it asks for an auth file, which I don't have. I have then tried flashing with various after sales software download tools and they all have their issues. 
The latest version of SWD tool asks for some dongle when I select format and download option, but if I select firmware upgrade option and try to flash it sends DA then throws an error saying sw version mismatch even though its the right file.(screenshot attached)
I then tried with SWD tool version v4.1806.11.11 (as other version behave the same as the latest one), I selected format+download option, it sends DA, stays there for about 2 minutes, then shows EXT RAM EXCEPTION (screenshot attached). 

At this point, I have run out of ideas. Any help and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Attached Files
.jpg
latest swd error.JPG
Size: 90.14 KB / Downloads: 60
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 43.52 KB / Downloads: 49
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-12-2019, 11:20 AM
(12-12-2019, 12:32 AM)Kachinga Mulenga I need help. I am trying to revive an infinix X626 that for some reason went into bootrom mode after trying to connect it with sigmakey via DA file. 
When I try to flash it with any box, it asks for an auth file, which I don't have. I have then tried flashing with various after sales software download tools and they all have their issues. 
The latest version of SWD tool asks for some dongle when I select format and download option, but if I select firmware upgrade option and try to flash it sends DA then throws an error saying sw version mismatch even though its the right file.(screenshot attached)
I then tried with SWD tool version v4.1806.11.11 (as other version behave the same as the latest one), I selected format+download option, it sends DA, stays there for about 2 minutes, then shows EXT RAM EXCEPTION (screenshot attached). 

At this point, I have run out of ideas. Any help and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

seems like you must have formatted the device, do you remember the previous build number of the device?
try flashing this X626-H624J-P-KESF-190417V239 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27769.html ; post the outcome
This post was last modified: 12-12-2019, 11:21 AM by X3non.
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Enthusiastic Member
12-12-2019, 12:14 PM
(12-12-2019, 11:20 AM)X3non
(12-12-2019, 12:32 AM)Kachinga Mulenga I need help. I am trying to revive an infinix X626 that for some reason went into bootrom mode after trying to connect it with sigmakey via DA file. 

seems like you must have formatted the device, do you remember the previous build number of the device?
try flashing this X626-H624J-P-KESF-190417V239 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27769.html ; post the outcome
I never formatted or flashed anything, I just tried to connect to the phone with Sigmakey using the DA file. It happened to me before on a Pouvoir 2 as well but that one I was able to flash it with SWD tool after a few days. I don't why sigmakey leaves phone in bootrom mode after sending DA and failing to read phone.

The phone had firmware that started like this X626-H624JK-P-xxxxxxx (i don't remember the date on xxxxxx, but i am sure about the other part).

I even have the original firmware backup I made with NCK tools but it doesn't flash as well.
The firmwares I have tried so far are: 

X626-H624JK-P-190417V239
X626-H624J-P-KESF-190417V239_RepairMyMobile.zip (which I am sure is the one you asked me to try)
and the original backup

all of them fail to flash, and give same errors
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-12-2019, 09:30 PM
(12-12-2019, 12:14 PM)Kachinga Mulenga I never formatted or flashed anything, I just tried to connect to the phone with Sigmakey using the DA file....

if this is true, then disconnect / reconnect the battery of the phone then leave the phone to charge a few minutes and it should power on afterwards
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Enthusiastic Member
13-12-2019, 01:01 AM

(12-12-2019, 09:30 PM)X3non
(12-12-2019, 12:14 PM)Kachinga Mulenga I never formatted or flashed anything, I just tried to connect to the phone with Sigmakey using the DA file....

if this is true, then disconnect / reconnect the battery of the phone then leave the phone to charge a few minutes and it should power on afterwards
I tried that before, even left it on charger for about an hour and nothing happened. Is there a testpoint for this phone?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-12-2019, 12:07 PM
(13-12-2019, 01:01 AM)Kachinga Mulenga I tried that before, even left it on charger for about an hour and nothing happened. Is there a testpoint for this phone?

you tried charging the battery, did you disconnect / reconnect the battery?
you don't need testpoint seeing as the device is detected both on the pc and the flashing tool
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2019, 07:20 PM
(12-12-2019, 12:32 AM)Kachinga Mulenga I need help. I am trying to revive an infinix X626 that for some reason went into bootrom mode after trying to connect it with sigmakey via DA file. 

Are you certain its X626 and not X626B
You said you'd made a firmware backup. Can you upload your backup's recovery.img
This post was last modified: 16-12-2019, 07:22 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Enthusiastic Member
11-01-2020, 11:33 AM
(16-12-2019, 07:20 PM)hovatek
(12-12-2019, 12:32 AM)Kachinga Mulenga I need help. I am trying to revive an infinix X626 that for some reason went into bootrom mode after trying to connect it with sigmakey via DA file. 

Are you certain its X626 and not X626B
You said you'd made a firmware backup. Can you upload your backup's recovery.img

Yes I am certain. here is the recovery image 
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Kachinga Mulenga
Enthusiastic Member
11-01-2020, 11:35 AM
(13-12-2019, 12:07 PM)X3non
(13-12-2019, 01:01 AM)Kachinga Mulenga I tried that before, even left it on charger for about an hour and nothing happened. Is there a testpoint for this phone?

you tried charging the battery, did you disconnect / reconnect the battery?
you don't need testpoint seeing as the device is detected both on the pc and the flashing tool
Yes I did disconnect and reconnect the battery at every attempt. I have been doing that since day 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-01-2020, 01:22 AM

(11-01-2020, 11:35 AM)Kachinga Mulenga Yes I did disconnect and reconnect the battery at every attempt. I have been doing that since day 1

using sp flash tool along with the DA file for your model, what error do you get when you attempt to flash?
still using sp flash tool, can you successfully format all except bootloader?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next