Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TWRP recovery can't back up on infinix note 4 pro.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TWRP recovery can't back up on infinix note 4 pro.

TWRP recovery can't back up on infinix note 4 pro.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
angelmic
angelmic
angelmic
Experienced Member
24-07-2019, 09:15 PM

I can't do a system or rom back up with twrp recovery, it can't mount storage, always seeing the storage as 0mb.

I have tried some fix like changing lock pin or password, repairing both Ext 2 and Ext 4 etc but all still proof abortive. Pls help.

Sent from my Infinix X571 using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-07-2019, 01:40 PM
(24-07-2019, 09:15 PM)angelmic I can't do a system or rom back up with twrp recovery, it can't mount storage, always seeing the storage as 0mb.

I have tried some fix like changing lock pin or password, repairing both Ext 2 and Ext 4 etc but all still proof abortive. Pls help.

when you boot twrp, is there a prompt to enter password to decrypt /data?
angelmic
angelmic
angelmic
Experienced Member
26-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Yes and that was when I changed my pattern security to pin /password but it never solve the problem.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-07-2019, 10:46 AM
(26-07-2019, 09:38 PM)angelmic Yes and that was when I changed my pattern security to pin /password but it never solve the problem.

you need to format data but before that, first try this
boot to homescreen > settings > security > encrypt phone > complete the procedure
reboot to twrp and input your password / pattern or pin
post feedback
angelmic
angelmic
angelmic
Experienced Member
28-07-2019, 12:45 PM

I did as u said but it never prompt me for pattern, pin or password when I boot to recovery. The problem still remains.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-07-2019, 09:20 AM
(28-07-2019, 12:45 PM)angelmic I did as u said but it never prompt me for pattern, pin or password when I boot to recovery. The problem still remains.

If I get you right, only userdata gives this 0MB, correct?
Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29013.html (DECRYPTING ‘/data’ PARTITION)
Also post a link to the TWRP you're using

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
angelmic
angelmic
angelmic
Experienced Member
31-07-2019, 02:47 PM
(29-07-2019, 09:20 AM)hovatek
(28-07-2019, 12:45 PM)angelmic I did as u said but it never prompt me for pattern, pin or password when I boot to recovery. The problem still remains.

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29013.html (DECRYPTING ‘/data’ PARTITION)
angelmic
angelmic
angelmic
Experienced Member
31-07-2019, 03:19 PM
(31-07-2019, 02:47 PM)angelmic
(29-07-2019, 09:20 AM)hovatek

have tried all the solution provided but none is working for me at the moment. i even did everything procedures written on this link u said I should visit but still not working.I changed the forceencrypt to encryptable but still not working.

please, I need to know if it's advisable to copy all the write-ups for the TECNO CANNON used for the example and paste it on my own infinix note 4 pro? because I just changed only the forceencrypt and the comma at the end but it did not work. 

I have formatted my phone countless times, doing a factory reset changing root write-ups but none works, please HEEELLLPPPPP
angelmic
angelmic
angelmic
Experienced Member
31-07-2019, 03:21 PM
This is the link to the TWRP that I used on my infinix phone.

https://mega.nz/#!bJcHTY5B!co2aQOddNQCO_...VIMyNGuHZ8

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-07-2019, 06:32 PM

(31-07-2019, 03:19 PM)angelmic have tried all the solution provided but none is working for me at the moment. i even did everything procedures written on this link u said I should visit but still not working.I changed the forceencrypt to encryptable but still not working.

please, I need to know if it's advisable to copy all the write-ups for the TECNO CANNON used for the example and paste it on my own infinix note 4 pro? because I just changed only the forceencrypt and the comma at the end but it did not work. 

I have formatted my phone countless times, doing a factory reset changing root write-ups but none works, please HEEELLLPPPPP

you need to try the write up exactly as it is regardless of phone model, if you only changed forceencrypt to encryptable then you didn't follow the write up properly
retry the instructions from the write up has been simplified below

flash your stock recovery
patch boot.img using magisk but ensure to carry out step 2 of the rooting section @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29013.html
flash magisk patched_boot to root the phone
use a root file manager to make the changes from forceencrypt to encryptable ; steps 2 - 4 of the DECRYPTING ‘/data’ PARTITION section
perform a factory reset using stock recovery
flash twrp
Pages (2): 1 2 Next