Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO L9 STUCK ON BOOTLOOP
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO L9 STUCK ON BOOTLOOP

TECNO L9 STUCK ON BOOTLOOP

ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
29-05-2019, 09:38 PM

My Tecno L9 is still stuck on bootloop even after flashing. I'm as confused as I'm frustrated.
Any help please?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-05-2019, 09:48 AM
(29-05-2019, 09:38 PM)ANGRYPACIFIST My Tecno L9 is still stuck on bootloop even after flashing. I'm as confused as I'm frustrated.
Any help please?

what was wrong with the phone before you flashed?
do you remember the original build number of the phone before flashing?
did you factory reset the phone after flashing successfully?
ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
30-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Thanks for replying X3non.
Before flashing, the phone's battery flatlined, then i got a new battery and it wouldn't boot past the boot logo. Keeps restarting whenever it's connected to power (that's a boot loop aye?) and immediately goes back off while on battery power. At first i thought it was an unsupported battery problem, but after getting about three more and the problem persisted, some guy suggested flashing, assuring it'd solve the problem. Now even after flashing, I'm still stuck with the same problem.
Also, i dont remember the original build number of the phone Sad
Andi did try factory reset after flashing, countless times too even before flashing, but it wouldnt get past the boot logo.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
30-05-2019, 04:47 PM
(30-05-2019, 01:13 PM)ANGRYPACIFIST Thanks for replying X3non.
Before flashing, the phone's battery flatlined, then i got a new battery and it wouldn't boot past the boot logo. Keeps restarting whenever it's connected to power (that's a boot loop aye?) and immediately goes back off while on battery power. At first i thought it was an unsupported battery problem, but after getting about three more and the problem persisted, some guy suggested flashing, assuring it'd solve the problem. Now even after flashing, I'm still stuck with the same problem.
Andi did try factory reset after flashing, countless times too even before flashing, but it wouldnt get past the boot logo.
Have you confirmed if your phone is L9 or L9 plus? If yes then try a different firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19624.html

Sent from my TECNO P904 using Tapatalk
ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
30-05-2019, 08:21 PM

.jpeg
edited.jpeg
Size: 141.09 KB / Downloads: 3

(30-05-2019, 04:47 PM)innagee
(30-05-2019, 01:13 PM)ANGRYPACIFIST Thanks for replying X3non.
Have you confirmed if your phone is L9 or L9 plus? If yes then try a different firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19624.html

Sent from my TECNO P904 using Tapatalk
Yes thank you, @innagee, I have it confirmed as Tecno L9, and i have the first firmware from that thread downloaded, and i can't try another cus it says unavailable, as you can see in the screenshot i attached.
Thanks for your time btw : Huh
This post was last modified: 30-05-2019, 08:23 PM by ANGRYPACIFIST.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-05-2019, 09:01 PM
(30-05-2019, 08:21 PM)ANGRYPACIFIST Yes thank you, @innagee, I have it confirmed as Tecno L9, and i have the first firmware from that thread downloaded, and i can't try another cus it says unavailable, as you can see in the screenshot i attached.

refresh the L9 firmware link, there's new link available and you can also try this L9-H8012B-N-EG-170613V191 @ https://androidhost.ru/4h6
BTW you mentioned "...Keeps restarting whenever it's connected to power..." does this mean that once you connect the battery, the phone power on automatically OR it only powers on when you press the power button?
ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
ANGRYPACIFIST
31-05-2019, 05:10 PM
(30-05-2019, 09:01 PM)X3non
(30-05-2019, 08:21 PM)ANGRYPACIFIST Yes thank you, @innagee, I have it confirmed as Tecno L9, and i have the first firmware from that thread downloaded, and i can't try another cus it says unavailable, as you can see in the screenshot i attached.

refresh the L9 firmware link, there's new link available and you can also try this L9-H8012B-N-EG-170613V191 @ https://androidhost.ru/4h6
BTW you mentioned "...Keeps restarting whenever it's connected to power..." does this mean that once you connect the battery, the phone power on automatically OR it only powers on when you press the power button?

Thanks alot for the link, I'll let you know how it goes. And yes exactly, instead of charging whenever it's plugged in and switched off, it shows the battery icon, then tries to come on by itself. This only happens when i have it plugged in though. The phone doesn't come on itself if i have the battery hooked in, till i press on the power button.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2019, 07:18 AM
(31-05-2019, 05:10 PM)ANGRYPACIFIST Thanks alot for the link, I'll let you know how it goes. And yes exactly, instead of charging whenever it's plugged in and switched off, it shows the battery icon, then tries to come on by itself. This only happens when i have it plugged in though. The phone doesn't come on itself if i have the battery hooked in, till i press on the power button.

Try holding the volume up button before pressing power. see if it enters recovery mode

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
prior17
prior17
prior17
17-08-2020, 09:39 PM
(02-06-2019, 07:18 AM)hovatek
(31-05-2019, 05:10 PM)ANGRYPACIFIST Thanks alot for the link, I'll let you know how it goes. And yes exactly, instead of charging whenever it's plugged in and switched off, it shows the battery icon, then tries to come on by itself. This only happens when i have it plugged in though. The phone doesn't come on itself if i have the battery hooked in, till i press on the power button.

Try holding the volume up button before pressing power. see if it enters recovery mode

Good day.
this quote is exactly how mine has been for a while now. bought batterries severally flashed the phone wiped to factory reset but mine is TcnoL9plus..
can you help profer resolve to this?
thank you
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-08-2020, 09:32 AM

(17-08-2020, 09:39 PM)prior17 Good day.
this quote is exactly how mine has been for a while now. bought batterries severally flashed the phone wiped to factory reset but mine is TcnoL9plus..
can you help profer resolve to this?
thank you

this is someone's thread, create a new thread for your device issue
create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top