Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Backing up Cherry Mobile Flare S6 Selfie ROM
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Backing up Cherry Mobile Flare S6 Selfie ROM

[Please help] Backing up Cherry Mobile Flare S6 Selfie ROM

gxseries45
gxseries45
gxseries45
09-04-2019, 05:43 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to back up the ROM of the said phone. It has an MT6750 processor. I am stuck on step #18 in this thread [Tutorial] How to use Wwr_MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom which requires me to have the length of the whole EMMC_USER region. I was able to get the PGPT with this tutorial [Tutorial] How to get full length address using Wwr_MTK & SP Flash Tool and was also able to get the whole length of the EMMC_USER region. When I try to readback using the values that I obtained, the readback is stucked on 0% and I get an error saying "ERROR: STATUS_READ_DATA_EXCEPTION (0xC0050007)". I followed the solution on this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html which is make the readback up to system only but still get the same error. I also tried to back up for each section e.g. recovery.img or boot.img, sometimes it does readback but up to a certain percentage only. On recovery.img it reached up to 50% till it get the error (0xC0050007) and boot.img to 12%. I am also not able to root the phone. I am using the values obtained from the PGPT file. I am using Windows 10 x64 and plugging on USB 2.0. Please also see the pictures attached.

Thanks,
Gx
Attached Files
.png
SPFT Error.png
Size: 205.64 KB / Downloads: 1
.png
WWR and SPFT Readback.png
Size: 193.93 KB / Downloads: 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-04-2019, 09:29 AM
(09-04-2019, 05:43 AM)gxseries45 Hi,

I have been trying to back up the ROM of the said phone. It has an MT6750 processor. I am stuck on step #18 in this thread [Tutorial] How to use Wwr_MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom which requires me to have the length of the whole EMMC_USER region. I was able to get the PGPT with this tutorial [Tutorial] How to get full length address using Wwr_MTK & SP Flash Tool and was also able to get the whole length of the EMMC_USER region. When I try to readback using the values that I obtained, the readback is stucked on 0% and I get an error saying "ERROR: STATUS_READ_DATA_EXCEPTION (0xC0050007)". I followed the solution on this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html which is make the readback up to system only but still get the same error. I also tried to back up for each section e.g. recovery.img or boot.img, sometimes it does readback but up to a certain percentage only. On recovery.img it reached up to 50% till it get the error (0xC0050007) and boot.img to 12%. I am also not able to root the phone. I am using the values obtained from the PGPT file. I am using Windows 10 x64 and plugging on USB 2.0. Please also see the pictures attached.

Thanks,
Gx

under the read_data_exception error @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html , did you try installing the driver?
try backing up recovery and boot a few more times (say 5 times each), do they all fail at 50% and 12%?
a different test altogether, try using a different USB cable and even USB port on the PC
lets know the outcome of all these
gxseries45
gxseries45
gxseries45
09-04-2019, 04:22 PM
(09-04-2019, 09:29 AM)X3non
(09-04-2019, 05:43 AM)gxseries45 Hi,

Thanks,
Gx

under the read_data_exception error @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html , did you try installing the driver?
try backing up recovery and boot a few more times (say 5 times each), do they all fail at 50% and 12%?
a different test altogether, try using a different USB cable and even USB port on the PC
lets know the outcome of all these

OMG I dont know which one is the culprit. I have been loosing sleep for 2 days because of that error. Re-installed the driver and changed USB Cable and I am already able to back it up! Thank you very much!