Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix X557 not coming on after twrp download
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Infinix X557 not coming on after twrp download

Infinix X557 not coming on after twrp download

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
mededot
mededot
mededot
Enthusiastic Member
08-03-2019, 11:35 PM

Hope to get some help here

I am trying to root my X557 Infinix Hot 4.

I followed steps and got TWRP downloaded into the phone using Sp Flash tool. It worked correctly and it was tome to boot into recovery, all button combinations i tried wouldnt get it into twrp recovery, so i figured the recovery didnt work.

I looked for another Recovery to download into the pone and found one for MT7653. I downloaded this into the phone and since then phone hasnt come on.

I still hear the sound when i plug it into the computer. But doesnt power up.  I have tried to find the firmware number and i am unsure which it is. My phone is Android 6.

I have tried to read the phone using miracle box, but the start button on my miracle box is disabled.

Please how can i solve this. Thanks.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-03-2019, 11:29 AM
(08-03-2019, 11:35 PM)mededot Hope to get some help here

I followed steps and got TWRP downloaded into the phone using Sp Flash tool. It worked correctly and it was tome to boot into recovery, all button combinations i tried wouldnt get it into twrp recovery, so i figured the recovery didnt work.

I looked for another Recovery to download into the pone and found one for MT7653. I downloaded this into the phone and since then phone hasnt come on.

I still hear the sound when i plug it into the computer. But doesnt power up.  I have tried to find the firmware number and i am unsure which it is. My phone is Android 6.

I have tried to read the phone using miracle box, but the start button on my miracle box is disabled.

if all you flashed was recovery.img , then the phone is probably just stuck in flash mode
disconnect / reconnect the battery OR leave the phone to charge until it shows the charging sign (the former is more preferrable). it should power on
mededot
mededot
mededot
Enthusiastic Member
09-03-2019, 01:41 PM
(09-03-2019, 11:29 AM)X3non
(08-03-2019, 11:35 PM)mededot Hope to get some help here

if all you flashed was recovery.img , then the phone is probably just stuck in flash mode
disconnect / reconnect the battery OR leave the phone to charge until it shows the charging sign (the former is more preferrable). it should power on

The challenge is I am not sure if the phone is on or off.
It was at 51% when I was working on it.

The screen is blank, doesn't respond to any combination of buttons. But when I plug it into the pc I hear the connection sound.

What I flashed was the twrp recovery zip
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-03-2019, 03:35 PM
(09-03-2019, 01:41 PM)mededot The challenge is I am not sure if the phone is on or off.

The screen is blank, doesn't respond to any combination of buttons. But when I plug it into the pc I hear the connection sound.

disconnect / reconnect the battery and it should power on afterwards OR leave the phone to charge until it shows the charging sign (the former is more preferrable).
mededot
mededot
mededot
Enthusiastic Member
09-03-2019, 04:22 PM

(09-03-2019, 03:35 PM)X3non
(09-03-2019, 01:41 PM)mededot The challenge is I am not sure if the phone is on or off.

disconnect / reconnect the battery and it should power on afterwards OR leave the phone to charge until it shows the charging sign (the former is more preferrable).

The battery is non removable. It's been plugged in to charge since last night and should be 100% by now.
mededot
mededot
mededot
Enthusiastic Member
10-03-2019, 11:14 PM
(09-03-2019, 03:35 PM)X3non

Hello.

Is it possible that the phone is on but not displaying? Should i leave for the battery to drain out?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-03-2019, 11:32 AM
(09-03-2019, 04:22 PM)mededot The battery is non removable. It's been plugged in to charge since last night and should be 100% by now.

in-built batteries require that you loosen the back of the phone to get to the battery

(10-03-2019, 11:14 PM)mededot Hello.
Is it possible that the phone is on but not displaying? Should i leave for the battery to drain out?

you're with the phone there, so you should be able to tell if its powering on or not
if there is no display then you would experience any one of these; vibration after pressing the power button, boot sound, haptic sound of screen unlocking when you swipe to unlock, phone ringing out if you called the mobile number in the phone
This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 11:35 AM by X3non.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-03-2019, 05:38 PM
(10-03-2019, 11:14 PM)mededot Hello.

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
Try this: Hold the Power button (don't release) then connect to a power source

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mededot
mededot
mededot
Enthusiastic Member
12-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Thanks a lot guys.

So I settled down today and got the phone opened. Removed all screws and disconnected the battery.

I connected it back and powered it on, and voila phone came back on.

Working normally now. I will proceed with the rooting but a lot more careful now.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks hovatek
mededot
mededot
mededot
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2019, 11:51 PM

HEllo guys, just an update on this issue.

I have been able to boot successfully into TWRP. But TWRP cannof find my internal memory nor my memory card, so i cannot root the phone. How can i solve this hurdle?

Thank you.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next