Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Baseband and IMEI unknown on my HTC Desire 626G+ Dual varriant
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Baseband and IMEI unknown on my HTC Desire 626G+ Dual varriant

[Please help] Baseband and IMEI unknown on my HTC Desire 626G+ Dual varriant

Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Enthusiastic Member
04-02-2019, 07:32 PM

As the title reads, I've an HTC Desire 626G+ Dual with no Baseband and thence no IMEI.  I once flashed a wrong TWRP and that's the result. This 5-seconds-sin has now been killing my weeks to get a fix. ?
Now I've a working TWRP flashed, though. 

Different Methods I've tried so far are following(being on STOCK ROM):
  1. Deleted /data/data/nvram folder and /data/etc/nvram file and rebooted. But nothing good happens and the folder just comes back. 
  2. AT Command on Engineer Mode get no command at all. 
  3. Using Chameleon or other Xposed modules to modify IMEI does modify the reading of IMEI(not Baseband), but SIM isn't detected.
  4. Flashed an IMEI.zip made thru imei.exe. It did flash, but no gain at all. 
Now I'm heading onto PC tools like Maui Meta Tools 3G or CM2 Miracle Box. But I don't see no hope. 
'Cause I'm a noob at PC and it took me 3 days to understand that Windows 10 can't install VCOM drivers directly. ?
Anyways, I've installed a VCOM driver today 'successfully' as I saw Other Devices on Device Manager shows the driver now. ☺
Am I supposed to be able to be success? Or do anyone have any better solutions? 
I've attached two screenshots of my device's unknown Baseband and unknown IMEI being shown.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2019-02-05-00-23-02.png
Size: 197.79 KB / Downloads: 8
.png
Screenshot_2019-02-05-00-23-17.png
Size: 156.74 KB / Downloads: 4
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
04-02-2019, 10:49 PM
The first thing to do is take a backup of your current rom.Note down yor phone build no and download correct firmware for your device.Flash this firmware using sp flash tool.
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 10:52 PM by shankar1790.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
05-02-2019, 07:25 AM
You can also try this first, after taking a backup of your current firmware, flash only nvram and secro from the new firmware to your phone.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html for how to use sp flash tool
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html for how to backup.
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
05-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Yes you can try only flashing nv & secro.img
Secro.img is a file for the baseband and the IMEI. You need to reflash it to rebuild the structure.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-02-2019, 12:06 PM

(04-02-2019, 07:32 PM)Ovin Shahria As the title reads, I've an HTC Desire 626G+ Dual with no Baseband and thence no IMEI.  I once flashed a wrong TWRP and that's the result. This 5-seconds-sin has now been killing my weeks to get a fix. ?

1. Deleted /data/data/nvram folder and /data/etc/nvram file and rebooted. But nothing good happens and the folder just comes back. 
  3. Using Chameleon or other Xposed modules to modify IMEI does modify the reading of IMEI(not Baseband), but SIM isn't detected.
Now I'm heading onto PC tools like Maui Meta Tools 3G or CM2 Miracle Box. But I don't see no hope. 
'Cause I'm a noob at PC and it took me 3 days to understand that Windows 10 can't install VCOM drivers directly. ?
Anyways, I've installed a VCOM driver today 'successfully' as I saw Other Devices on Device Manager shows the driver now. ☺
I've attached two screenshots of my device's unknown Baseband and unknown IMEI being shown.

you can't fix imei without fixing baseband first. flash secro from the firmware of your device then perform a factory reset to fix baseband
do you have the firmware for your device OR a working phone you can take a backup?
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2019, 05:36 AM
Thanks for your reply, guys.

The update js that, IMEI and Baseband are fixed by now. I brought this device to a nearby service centre and the guy there did something with his Infinity Box and the issue is fixed now.
But hold on, I'm facing another warning now and I don't know how far that problem may go further.
Whenever I restart my device, it shows a CID error. How much that may do any wrong to my device? Can I flash custom recovery and RessurectionRemix ROM now?
This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 05:44 AM by Ovin Shahria.
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2019, 05:49 AM
(05-02-2019, 07:25 AM)EMMANUS You can also try this first, after taking a backup of your current firmware, flash only nvram and secro from the new firmware to your phone.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html for how to use sp flash tool
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html for how to backup.

I'd taken a TWRP backup.  But taking a backup by SP Flash Tools sounds much more necessary for further issues I may face. So I'm gonna take backup by following those tutorials above.
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2019, 05:51 AM
(05-02-2019, 10:53 AM)shankar1790 Yes you can try only flashing nv & secro.img
Secro.img is a file for the baseband and the IMEI. You need to reflash it to rebuild the structure.

I didn't know of that secro.img thing. Thanks that you enlightened my knowledge. ?
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Ovin Shahria
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2019, 05:54 AM
(05-02-2019, 12:06 PM)X3non
(04-02-2019, 07:32 PM)Ovin Shahria As the title reads, I've an HTC Desire 626G+ Dual with no Baseband and thence no IMEI.  I once flashed a wrong TWRP and that's the result. This 5-seconds-sin has now been killing my weeks to get a fix. ?

you can't fix imei without fixing baseband first. flash secro from the firmware of your device then perform a factory reset to fix baseband
do you have the firmware for your device OR a working phone you can take a backup?

I'd a working phone and I did take a backup then. For your information, I'm facing another problem after Baseband and IMEI being fixed. Get some time to see the update comment below.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-02-2019, 02:11 PM

(10-02-2019, 05:36 AM)Ovin Shahria Thanks for your reply, guys.

The update js that, IMEI and Baseband are fixed by now. I brought this device to a nearby service centre and the guy there did something with his Infinity Box and the issue is fixed now.
But hold on, I'm facing another warning now and I don't know how far that problem may go further.
Whenever I restart my device, it shows a CID error. How much that may do any wrong to my device? Can I flash custom recovery and RessurectionRemix ROM now?

flashing the right RUU (same model ID and country) should fix CID error
anyways, one thread per device issue. if you've fixed baseband and imei then create a new thread for the CID error and attach a picture of the error message