Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Lenovo s660 bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Lenovo s660 bricked

Lenovo s660 bricked

Zinon
Zinon
Zinon
17-04-2015, 11:28 AM

I officialy updated my lenovo s660 mt6582 and everything turned to chinese so i said i ll flash a row rom cause it cant do anything with that weirdos in my phone. since then i faced only problems

i tried to flash a rom so I rooted my phone and backed up tho i just got rom_0 and Ebr1 nothing else(suspecting that the rest where in mtkdroidtools folder... that i deleted l8r).

i couldnt flash the rom cause of some errors and then i "formatted and download"tho an error revealed again. Since then phone doesnt open with power and volume controls and isnt recognized from flashtools nor from pc. At pcs device manager its shown as Alcatel Rndis single interface#2 while wasused to have diferrent name.

already tried installing mtk drivers tho sth is wrong and its still shown as "alcatel..."

thank in advance for your help!
This post was last modified: 17-04-2015, 11:33 AM by Zinon.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-04-2015, 02:21 PM
(17-04-2015, 11:28 AM)Zinon I officialy updated my lenovo s660 mt6582 and everything turned to chinese so i said i ll flash a row rom cause it cant do anything with that weirdos in my phone. since then i faced only problems

i tried to flash a rom so I rooted my phone and backed up tho i just got rom_0 and Ebr1 nothing else(suspecting that the rest where in mtkdroidtools folder... that i deleted l8r).

i couldnt flash the rom cause of some errors and then i "formatted and download"tho an error revealed again. Since then phone doesnt open with power and volume controls and isnt recognized from flashtools nor from pc. At pcs device manager its shown as Alcatel Rndis single interface#2 while wasused to have diferrent name.

already tried installing mtk drivers tho sth is wrong and its still shown as "alcatel..."

thank in advance for your help!

do you have the firmware for lenovo s660 , if you do, what are the files inside (screenshot would be ok)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Zinon
Zinon
Zinon
17-04-2015, 02:59 PM
is firmware the backup that i kept sized around 1.2 gb? witch includes these files[Image: wsn53p.png]. enlight me a bit more:>

this is how it appears [Image: jsdh5k.png]
This post was last modified: 17-04-2015, 03:05 PM by Zinon.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-04-2015, 03:16 PM
(17-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Zinon is firmware the backup that i kept sized around 1.2 gb? witch includes these files. enlight me a bit more:>

this is how it appears

the ROM isnt flashable in this format. you still need to process it.

I didnt quite understand your first sentence so i'll have to ask you some questions

1. what phone did you backup to get the ROM_0 file and was this same phone you backed up working fine as at when you backed it up?
2. whats the current condition of your bricked phone (how does it behave when you boot)
3. can you get access to a working phone of the same model
4. have you tried googling for the firmwarefor your phone model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Zinon
Zinon
Zinon
17-04-2015, 03:23 PM

(17-04-2015, 03:16 PM)hovatek
(17-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Zinon is firmware the backup that i kept sized around 1.2 gb? witch includes these files. enlight me a bit more:>

this is how it appears

the ROM isnt flashable in this format. you still need to process it.

I didnt quite understand your first sentence so i'll have to ask you some questions

1. what phone did you backup to get the ROM_0 file and was this same phone you backed up working fine as at when you backed it up?
2. whats the current condition of your bricked phone (how does it behave when you boot)
3. can you get access to a working phone of the same model
4. have you tried googling for the firmwarefor your phone model?

1. i backde up my current phone and got rom_0 file and it did work fine when i backed it up
2. it doesnt boot doesnt open nor react to power button and volume controls
3. i can acces a working mode of the same model tho with a older os version. i had kitkat 4.4.2. vibeui 2.1 and the one i can access is jellybean 4.2.2.
4. i have downloaded from needrom one rom that is for my phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-04-2015, 07:08 PM
(17-04-2015, 03:23 PM)Zinon 1. i backde up my current phone and got rom_0 file and it did work fine when i backed it up
2. it doesnt boot doesnt open nor react to power button and volume controls
3. i can acces a working mode of the same model tho with a older os version. i had kitkat 4.4.2. vibeui 2.1 and the one i can access is jellybean 4.2.2.
4. i have downloaded from needrom one rom that is for my phone.

now, get the working phone and follow this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html to process the ROM_0 file.
at the guide i've given you, no need to start from the beginning, just continue from where you see "* Go back to MTK Droid Tools"
let me know if you dont understand
This post was last modified: 17-04-2015, 07:09 PM by hovatek.

Note!