Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] restore overwrite nvram nvdata from other working phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] restore overwrite nvram nvdata from other working phone

[Please help] restore overwrite nvram nvdata from other working phone

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
fuser
fuser
fuser
Enthusiastic Member
14-12-2018, 03:15 AM

i have cheap 6750 phone which does not read some nfc tags.
i am thinking it could be software issue due to nvram or nvdata partition got somehow damaged during firmware updates or many factory restores.
anybody can help how to use maui meta app nfc section to fix nfc issues?
i was also reading this thread on restoring nvram and nvdata with partition collected from working phone.

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23412.html

if i follow these instructions and flash nvram nvdata images from other working phone to mine, do i risk to brick my phone?
fuser
fuser
fuser
Enthusiastic Member
14-12-2018, 05:27 PM
blah blah
This post was last modified: 19-12-2018, 01:34 AM by fuser.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
14-12-2018, 09:13 PM
(14-12-2018, 05:27 PM)fuser geee .... what a pathetic forum

odd, for someone who's searching for answers :-S
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-12-2018, 09:17 PM
(14-12-2018, 03:15 AM)fuser i have cheap 6750 phone which does not read some nfc tags.
i am thinking it could be software issue due to nvram or nvdata partition got somehow damaged during firmware updates or many factory restores.
i was also reading this thread on restoring nvram and nvdata with partition collected from working phone.

if i follow these instructions and flash nvram nvdata images from other working phone to mine, do i risk to brick my phone?

have you tried reading the tags on a different phone first before concluding the problem is from your phone?

"if i follow these instructions and flash nvram nvdata images from other working phone to mine, do i risk to brick my phone?"
No, but you must ensure the other phone has the exact same build number as your phone
fuser
fuser
fuser
Enthusiastic Member
19-12-2018, 01:52 AM

(14-12-2018, 09:17 PM)X3non
(14-12-2018, 03:15 AM)fuser i have cheap 6750 phone which does not read some nfc tags.

have you tried reading the tags on a different phone first before concluding the problem is from your phone?

"if i follow these instructions and flash nvram nvdata images from other working phone to mine, do i risk to brick my phone?"
No, but you must ensure the other phone has the exact same build number as your phone

Thank you!
Yes tried other tags and found for example friend's phone reads NFC tag aka SmartTouch on Candy washer with no problems.
However on my phone Candy app loops on the same tag as if it tried read something over and over.
What is confusing "NFC TagInfo by NXP" app shows identical results on both phones in full scan.
Phone has NFC chip by Broadcom and Candy washer has STM chip.

My concern aside bricking phone are also contactless payment apps tap&pay, I think such apps use information stored in nvdata or nvram.
If I overwrite nvram and nvdata might I run into other problems?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
19-12-2018, 08:32 AM
(19-12-2018, 01:52 AM)fuser
(14-12-2018, 09:17 PM)X3non
(14-12-2018, 03:15 AM)fuser
i have cheap 6750 phone which does not read some nfc tags.

Thank you!
Yes tried other tags and found for example friend's phone reads NFC tag aka SmartTouch on Candy washer with no problems.
However on my phone Candy app loops on the same tag as if it tried read something over and over.
What is confusing "NFC TagInfo by NXP" app shows identical results on both phones in full scan.
Phone has NFC chip by Broadcom and Candy washer has STM chip.

My concern aside bricking phone are also contactless payment apps tap&pay, I think such apps use information stored in nvdata or nvram.
If I overwrite nvram and nvdata might I run into other problems?

You can backup your phone's nvram and nvdata + preloader using miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html then test the nvram and nvdata backedup from a different phone, this way you'll be safe.

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
juvette
juvette
juvette
19-12-2018, 03:06 PM
i was also reading this thread on restoring nvram and nvdata with partition collected from working  phone.

if i follow these instructions and flash nvram nvdata images from other working phone to mine,  do i risk to brick my phone?

If this started after you installed an OTA then you should consider flashing the stock rom of your previous build number.
What is your phone model BTW? Does it use Android Beam?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 19-12-2018, 03:10 PM by juvette.
fuser
fuser
fuser
Enthusiastic Member
19-12-2018, 09:34 PM
(19-12-2018, 03:06 PM)juvette
i was also reading this thread on restoring nvram and nvdata with partition collected from working  phone.

if i follow these instructions and flash nvram nvdata images from other working phone to mine,  do i risk to brick my phone?

If this started after you installed an OTA then you should consider flashing the stock rom of your previous build number.
What is your phone model BTW? Does it use Android Beam?

Bluboo S3, my friend recommended it to me, yes it has AB.
She upgraded with sp flashtool and no such problem on hers.
I followed same upgrade
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
20-12-2018, 10:36 AM
(19-12-2018, 09:34 PM)fuser Bluboo S3, my friend recommended it to me, yes it has AB.
She upgraded with sp flashtool and no such problem on hers.
I followed same upgrade

have you tried dump nvram from the other phone? ie your friend's phone and flashing it
fuser
fuser
fuser
Enthusiastic Member
20-12-2018, 04:33 PM

(20-12-2018, 10:36 AM)freshtyt have you tried dump nvram from the other phone? ie your friend's phone and flashing it

I will in few days and report back
Pages (2): 1 2 Next