Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] STRANGE DEVICE PLZ HELP
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] STRANGE DEVICE PLZ HELP

[Please help] STRANGE DEVICE PLZ HELP

redrobber502
redrobber502
redrobber502
02-12-2018, 03:45 AM

Hey Hovatek homies I'm new to the forum and enjoy it a lot I first want to say. Anyway bare with me while I give you a run down of what I have. So I got this generic tablet. From what I can tell the primary name for this device is HEXA WESTGATE OWNER TABLET. It runs on marshmallow and has a mt8163 chipset. I can't find anyway to root this device or get a custom recover. I can't seem to find the firmware online under any of its 3 names. Now to the other 2 names. On the back of the device in gold font the name of the tablet is HEXA ATLANTIS. Googling both names I found that both names are actually correct for this device. When given away as a complimentary "thank you gift" at resorts it undertakes the WESTGATE name but when bought from retailers it takes on the name of Atlantis. The Atlantis and WESTGATE share the same specs. With the Atlantis variant tho there is also a 2nd more expensive version. Anyway when I go into the builders prop using root explorer the builder prop identifies the device as FULL HITEQ 8163ce. Now that last name doesn't even seem to exist any where in the world googling that name was pointless. OK so I do have the bootloader unlocked. MTK droid tools dosent recognize the rom so I can't back it up. I haven't found a 1 click root that works. I wanna try framaroot but I can't find a legit download. When I try to look at the partitions with MTK tools it shows that the device only has 1 partion which I find hella weird. The 1 glimmer of hope that I've found is using adb and trying to boot into twrp recovery for the iplay 8 u78  device because the specs are damn near identical if not completely identical. I've had this for 2months now and I'm stumped. I haven't tried the iplay thing yet though I might give it a shot tonight. This device and if anybody knows anything about rooting galaxy S7 Oreo sprint variant with lvl 7 bootloader I would really appreciate the help because I'm stuck on plain Jane S7. Thanks for reading and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. O and I will post specs too.
This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 04:11 AM by redrobber502. Edit Reason: Want to attach image
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
02-12-2018, 01:00 PM
(02-12-2018, 03:45 AM)redrobber502 Hey Hovatek homies I'm new to the forum and enjoy it a lot I first want to say. Anyway bare with me while I give you a run down of what I have. So I got this generic tablet. From what I can tell the primary name for this device is HEXA WESTGATE OWNER TABLET. It runs on marshmallow and has a mt8163 chipset. I can't find anyway to root this device or get a custom recover. I can't seem to find the firmware online under any of its 3 names. Now to the other 2 names. On the back of the device in gold font the name of the tablet is HEXA ATLANTIS. Googling both names I found that both names are actually correct for this device. When given away as a complimentary "thank you gift" at resorts it undertakes the WESTGATE name but when bought from retailers it takes on the name of Atlantis. The Atlantis and WESTGATE share the same specs. With the Atlantis variant tho there is also a 2nd more expensive version. Anyway when I go into the builders prop using root explorer the builder prop identifies the device as FULL HITEQ 8163ce. Now that last name doesn't even seem to exist any where in the world googling that name was pointless. OK so I do have the bootloader unlocked. MTK droid tools dosent recognize the rom so I can't back it up. I haven't found a 1 click root that works. I wanna try framaroot but I can't find a legit download. When I try to look at the partitions with MTK tools it shows that the device only has 1 partion which I find hella weird. The 1 glimmer of hope that I've found is using adb and trying to boot into twrp recovery for the iplay 8 u78  device because the specs are damn near identical if not completely identical. I've had this for 2months now and I'm stumped. I haven't tried the iplay thing yet though I might give it a shot tonight. This device and if anybody knows anything about rooting galaxy S7 Oreo sprint variant with lvl 7 bootloader I would really appreciate the help because I'm stuck on plain Jane S7. Thanks for reading and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. O and I will post specs too.

Backup the tab's firmware using WWR_Mtk tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html , let's know once successful.

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
redrobber502
redrobber502
redrobber502
02-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I've never herd of this particular tool definitely bout to check it out

Sent from my Westgate_Owner_tablet using Hovatek Mobile
redrobber502
redrobber502
redrobber502
02-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Backup the tab's firmware using WWR_Mtk tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html , let's know once successful.

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
[/quote]

Aye you the man, 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 star rating for that one. My WESTGATE is dumping right now as I text and the tutorial was easy to follow. Gotta salute to that thanks bro. So heres my next question. I've rooted a galaxy prime and a moto e4 plus and I still have them both so I'm familiar with custom roms, and recoveries, but is it true I can root with the boot image from this tablet using SUPERSU? both the other phones have magisk so I wanna try su. Also how do u suggest I make a recovery with the dump? I've seen it mentioned here and there but have no clue about it. Could you point me in the direction on that plz?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Hovatek Mobile
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
02-12-2018, 09:12 PM

(02-12-2018, 08:10 PM)redrobber502 Aye you the man, ????? 5 star rating for that one. My WESTGATE is dumping right now as I text and the tutorial was easy to follow. Gotta salute to that thanks bro. So heres my next question. I've rooted a galaxy prime and a moto e4 plus and I still have them both so I'm familiar with custom roms, and recoveries, but is it true I can root with the boot image from this tablet using SUPERSU? both the other phones have magisk so I wanna try su. Also how do u suggest I make a recovery with the dump? I've seen it mentioned here and there but have no clue about it. Could you point me in the direction on that plz?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Hovatek Mobile

you can root without custom recovery; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html but you'll get magisk instead of supersu

for supersu, you can try porting twrp using the tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html or philz at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html
then flash supersu.zip using the custom recovery