Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android No 3g/4g after flashing Infinix Note 4 x572
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

No 3g/4g after flashing Infinix Note 4 x572

No 3g/4g after flashing Infinix Note 4 x572

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
pheesayor
pheesayor
pheesayor
04-11-2018, 11:34 PM

Hello techies,

In an attempt to downgrade from Oreo back to Nougat I ended up with a bricked device, after about three sleepless nights I was able to bring it back to life but it doesn't get network on my airtel sim and on my glo only 2g network shows, initially there was no imei but I've been able to restore that. On the Nougat firmware it does not even recognise sim cards at all  so I had to go back to Oreo
I searched all over, the closest solution I got was flashing NVRAM which I've downloaded and try but when I edit the scatter all instructed, the sp flashtool refuses to load it so that's where I'm stuck now, please help
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
05-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Read your firmware so you can obtain a scatter file with the right addresses, then use that scatter file to flash only nv ram. Make sure the IMEI in your phone is the original one.

Quick question; where did you get nv ram you're trying to flash?
pheesayor
pheesayor
pheesayor
05-11-2018, 09:09 AM
(05-11-2018, 08:37 AM)EMMANUS Read your firmware so you can obtain a scatter file with the right addresses, then use that scatter file to flash only nv ram. Make sure the IMEI in your phone is the original one.

Thanks for your response.
I got the nvram from this forum and the scatter file is from the firmware I flashed, sp tools tells me that I can't change parameter for nvram in the scatter file so it does not load, or do I try an older version of sp tools?
pheesayor
pheesayor
pheesayor
05-11-2018, 09:20 AM
(05-11-2018, 08:37 AM)EMMANUS Read your firmware so you can obtain a scatter file with the right addresses, then use that scatter file to flash only nv ram. Make sure the IMEI in your phone is the original one.

This is the error I get when I try to flash nvram
"partition [nvram] should not set "is_download" to true in scatter file please check
This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 09:23 AM by pheesayor.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-11-2018, 10:56 AM

(05-11-2018, 09:20 AM)pheesayor This is the error I get when I try to flash nvram
"partition [nvram] should not set "is_download" to true in scatter file please check

modify the scatter file you have and add a file_name for nvram, refer to the fix at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
pheesayor
pheesayor
pheesayor
05-11-2018, 11:01 AM
(05-11-2018, 10:56 AM)X3non
(05-11-2018, 09:20 AM)pheesayor This is the error I get when I try to flash nvram

modify the scatter file you have and add a file_name for nvram, refer to the fix at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

Thank you, I used a lower version of sp tool and it loaded but it seems the nvram is for a lower version, the device is bricked again and I have to reflash. Does the nvram have to be same version as the firmware? If yes where on this forum can I download the files so I can flash again?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-11-2018, 12:37 PM
(05-11-2018, 11:01 AM)pheesayor Thank you, I used a lower version of sp tool and it loaded but it seems the nvram is for a lower version, the device is bricked again and I have to reflash. Does the nvram have to be same version as the firmware? If yes where on this forum can I download the files so I can flash again?

you phone shouldn't get bricked flashing nvram unless you used firmware_upgrade or format all + download to flash just nvram file which shouldn't be so
you're to flash using download only
pheesayor
pheesayor
pheesayor
05-11-2018, 03:34 PM
(05-11-2018, 12:37 PM)X3non
(05-11-2018, 11:01 AM)pheesayor Thank you, I used a lower version of sp tool and it loaded but it seems the nvram is for a lower version, the device is bricked again and I have to reflash. Does the nvram have to be same version as the firmware? If yes where on this forum can I download the files so I can flash again?

you phone shouldn't get bricked flashing nvram unless you used firmware_upgrade or format all + download to flash just nvram file which shouldn't be so
That is what I did and the device hasn't come on since then, not even charging as well. I'm downloading the firmware version of the nvram and will flash alongside the nvram, is this advisable?
pheesayor
pheesayor
pheesayor
05-11-2018, 04:23 PM
(05-11-2018, 03:34 PM)pheesayor
(05-11-2018, 12:37 PM)X3non

That is what I did and the device hasn't come on since then, not even charging as well. I'm downloading the firmware version of the nvram and will flash alongside the nvram, is this advisable?

Sorry X3non, I actually got a BROM error when I tried flashing the nvram, I tried flashing a rom now and on plugging in the phone it started charging, I cancelled the flash, switched it on and it came on but the issue still persists.

The brom error I'm getting is "brom error : ?? (1)" and it is not in your list of error codes
This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 04:26 PM by pheesayor.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-11-2018, 05:24 PM

(05-11-2018, 03:34 PM)pheesayor That is what I did and the device hasn't come on since then, not even charging as well. I'm downloading the firmware version of the nvram and will flash alongside the nvram, is this advisable?

no, that's not advisable especially if the firmware you downloaded doesn't exactly match the build number of your phone
only flash nvram
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next