Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to backup your build /variant stock ROM for Gionee P5 Mini to root with Magisk
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to backup your build /variant stock ROM for Gionee P5 Mini to root with Magisk

How to backup your build /variant stock ROM for Gionee P5 Mini to root with Magisk

ptechy
ptechy
ptechy
13-07-2018, 01:42 PM

Hi,

I have a Gionee P5 Mini that I want to root.My build number is [SW VERSION] P5 mini_0201_V5943[HW VERSION] P5 mini_Mainboard_P2 . All the apk based rooting techniques have failed. I do not have the stock ROM for my particular variant in order to use Magisk to root it.

So I tried to use MTK Droid Tools to get this backup stock ROM but its not working. The phone is detected alright but the button to build the scatter file is greyed out. I see that hovatek already has a stock ROM for the Gionee P5 Mini ( Gionee_P5_Mini_T5312 ), but I am not sure it is compatible with my variant and I dont want to brick my phone or weaken its current features.

So how do I backup my stock ROM in order to successfully root my Gionee P5 Mini?

Thanks in advance for your time.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-07-2018, 02:59 PM
(13-07-2018, 01:42 PM)ptechy Hi,

I have a Gionee P5 Mini that I want to root.My build number is [SW VERSION] P5 mini_0201_V5943[HW VERSION] P5 mini_Mainboard_P2 . All the apk based rooting techniques have failed. I do not have the stock ROM for my particular variant in order to use Magisk to root it.

So I tried to use MTK Droid Tools to get this backup stock ROM but its not working. The phone is detected alright but the button to build the scatter file is greyed out. I see that hovatek already has a stock ROM for the Gionee P5 Mini ( Gionee_P5_Mini_T5312 ), but I am not sure it is compatible with my variant and I dont want to brick my phone or weaken its current features.

So how do I backup my stock ROM in order to successfully root my Gionee P5 Mini?

Backup your stock ROM using miracle @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

Copy and rename boot.bin to boot.img then use magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html to root

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
ptechy
ptechy
ptechy
13-07-2018, 07:26 PM
(13-07-2018, 02:59 PM)innagee
(13-07-2018, 01:42 PM)ptechy Hi,

Backup your stock ROM using miracle
Copy and rename boot.bin to boot.img then use magisk

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile

But backing up my stock ROM with Miracle requires a hardware Miracle Box Dongle ? Or so says the notes in the link you posted? Is it possible to do this any other way without having to buy the Miracle Box Dongle? Where do I even find that Dongle?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-07-2018, 11:51 PM
(13-07-2018, 07:26 PM)ptechy But backing up my stock ROM with Miracle requires a hardware Miracle Box Dongle ? Or so says the notes in the link you posted? Is it possible to do this any other way without having to buy the Miracle Box Dongle? Where do I even find that Dongle?

if you do not have the box, you can use the version with loader.exe at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15700.html
follow the backup process in the link in @innagee's previous post
This post was last modified: 13-07-2018, 11:57 PM by X3non.