Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Infinix Note 4 x572 Oreo Update Nightmare
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Infinix Note 4 x572 Oreo Update Nightmare

[Please help] Infinix Note 4 x572 Oreo Update Nightmare

gbolio4
gbolio4
gbolio4
15-06-2018, 02:01 PM

Hello Hovatek.

Please I have an infinix Note 4 x572 device. It was working perfectly and flawlessly, on the stock 7.0 Nougat, until the day I saw a official system notification saying that Oreo is available for download. I jumped on the upgrade because it was official, and that was the beginning my Problems.

Firstly, I found out that my mobile Hotspot could not be activated any longer. I tried everything from resetting to restarting no luck. So I could not share my Mobile data

But I could actually live with that

The biggest issue and deal-breaker for me is my battery.   It now charges from 1 - 25% for close to 12 hours, with the device off!

And then it discharges like the seconds on a clock

Please help me. I have seen instructions  on this forum on how to downgrade. But the big issue I have is I do not remember my Nougat Build number. The build number of my device before the Upgrade.

I never ever imagined that I was going to have to Downgrade,  so it never crossed my mind. Thats why I didnt bother take note of the old pre-upgrade build.

Please help.

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
15-06-2018, 04:49 PM
(15-06-2018, 02:01 PM)gbolio4 Hello Hovatek.

Please I have an infinix Note 4 x572 device. It was working perfectly and flawlessly, on the stock 7.0 Nougat, until the day I saw a official system notification saying that Oreo is available for download. I jumped on the upgrade because it was official, and that was the beginning my Problems.

Firstly, I found out that my mobile Hotspot could not be activated any longer. I tried everything from resetting to restarting no luck. So I could not share my Mobile data

But I could actually live with that

The biggest issue and deal-breaker for me is my battery.   It now charges from 1 - 25% for close to 12 hours, with the device off!

And then it discharges like the seconds on a clock

Please help me. I have seen instructions  on this forum on how to downgrade. But the big issue I have is I do not remember my Nougat Build number. The build number of my device before the Upgrade.

I never ever imagined that I was going to have to Downgrade,  so it never crossed my mind. Thats why I didnt bother take note of the old pre-upgrade build.

Please help.

Since you didn't backup the phone's firmware and didn't take note of the build no. then you'll need to try random firmware(s). 
first backup your Oreo firmware in scatter format using miracle @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
then try the firmware(s) @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20230.html starting from the ones with higher build no.
This post was last modified: 15-06-2018, 04:50 PM by xerxes.
gbolio4
gbolio4
gbolio4
16-06-2018, 05:52 AM
Thank you for your response.

Please whats the one with the Highest build Number.  Can you please help in identifying?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-06-2018, 01:47 PM
(16-06-2018, 05:52 AM)gbolio4 Thank you for your response.

Please whats the one with the Highest build Number.  Can you please help in identifying?

Ensure you have backed up your firmware in scatter format before you proceed
Your current build number is X572-H5312AD-O-180503V139
Try the X572-H5312AD-N-170719V111 full rom at that link first

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.