Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My infinix hot 4 went dead after a miracle box backup/dump
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] My infinix hot 4 went dead after a miracle box backup/dump

[Please help] My infinix hot 4 went dead after a miracle box backup/dump

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2018, 05:33 PM

About 2 day ago,I decided to root my infinix hot 4 since I wasn't expecting Oreo upgrade...
As part of the rooting procedure (and to also be on safe side) I chose to do an entire backup/dump (with miracle box) before anything else. The backup (in .bin format) was successful but my phone went dead and irresponsive since then, I be tried charging and also removed the built-in battery but still no no positive outcome.
Please I need help here..thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2018, 06:00 PM
(18-05-2018, 05:33 PM)Oladejimathew About 2 day ago,I decided to root my infinix hot 4 since I wasn't expecting Oreo upgrade...
As part of the rooting procedure (and to also be on safe side) I chose to do an entire backup/dump (with miracle box) before anything else. The backup (in .bin format) was successful but my phone went dead and irresponsive since then, I be tried charging and also removed the built-in battery but still no no positive outcome.

did you reconnect the battery clip properly after disconnecting it?
did you perform any other process on your device aside from the firmware dump?
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2018, 07:54 PM
(18-05-2018, 06:00 PM)X3non
(18-05-2018, 05:33 PM)Oladejimathew About 2 day ago,I decided to root my infinix hot 4 since I wasn't expecting Oreo upgrade...

did you reconnect the battery clip properly after disconnecting it?
did you perform any other process on your device aside from the firmware dump?

After the full dump was successful, I tried to do a scatter file dump of preloader and recovery in order to get my preloader before writing Philz recovery ..but it didn't work,so I decided to power up my phone & it turns out to be dead..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-05-2018, 10:42 AM
(18-05-2018, 07:54 PM)Oladejimathew After the full dump was successful, I tried to do a scatter file dump of preloader and recovery in order to get my preloader before writing Philz recovery ..but it didn't work,so I decided to power up my phone & it turns out to be dead..

I personally encounter this every time I do a Miracle box dump or flash on one of my phones. Just connecting to power and holding the Power button helps it come on. If you had disconnected the battery and re-inserted then the phone ought to have booted up by now..unless the battery is drained and needs to be boosted
This post was last modified: 19-05-2018, 10:43 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2018, 02:36 PM

I've been doing intermittent charge of battery since the incident... Please is it advisable to flash a fresh stock as a means to resolve this menace?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2018, 05:53 PM
(19-05-2018, 02:36 PM)Oladejimathew I've been doing intermittent charge of battery since the incident... Please is it advisable to flash a fresh stock as a means to resolve this menace?

flashing stock rom won't fix an empty battery issue except if you did something else on your device aside from dumping the firmware
its either
you didn't reconnect the battery clip properly
the battery is totally drained [you could try a different battery or boost or keep charging the old one till it comes up]
OR you formatted all after dumping firmware in which case you'll really need to flash back stock rom
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2018, 07:56 PM
(19-05-2018, 05:53 PM)X3non
(19-05-2018, 02:36 PM)Oladejimathew I've been doing intermittent charge of battery since the incident... Please is it advisable to flash a fresh stock as a means to resolve this menace?

flashing stock rom won't fix an empty battery issue except if you did something else on your device aside from dumping the firmware
its either
the battery is totally drained [you could try a different battery or boost or keep charging the old one till it comes up]
OR you formatted all after dumping firmware in which case you'll really need to flash back stock rom
I've also tried inserting the battery for the second time after my previous reply and the tech guy said my battery's got enough charge in it... As for any other thing outside the full dump, I tried to do a second dump of recovery & preloader but. Miracle box only created an empty folder without the intended dumped files. after this, I tried to write back the (.bin) full backup file that i created earlier but miracle box showed "file information. N/A""..
Could these other attempts resulted to a damaged firmware?...
I'll try to see if I can use another battery... And also try my battery in another phone... Meanwhile, I keep charging the phone.
Thanks...
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-05-2018, 03:24 PM
(19-05-2018, 07:56 PM)Oladejimathew

its either
I've also tried inserting the battery for the second time after my previous reply and the tech guy said my battery's got enough charge in it... As for any other thing outside the full dump, I tried to do a second dump of recovery & preloader but. Miracle box only created an empty folder without the intended dumped files. after this, I tried to write back the (.bin) full backup file that i created earlier but miracle box showed "file information. N/A""..
I'll try to see if I can use another battery... And also try my battery in another phone... Meanwhile, I keep charging the phone.
Thanks...

Do you still have the firmware dump you made earlier?
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2018, 04:31 PM
(20-05-2018, 03:24 PM)innagee
(19-05-2018, 07:56 PM)Oladejimathew

its either
Thanks...

Do you still have the firmware dump you made earlier?

Yes, I still have it.
It's a full (. Bin) back and not a scatter file format.
What do suggest bro?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-05-2018, 12:13 PM

(20-05-2018, 04:31 PM)Oladejimathew Yes, I still have it.
It's a full (. Bin) back and not a scatter file format.
What do suggest bro?

What's the size of the bin file? Also, hope you tried flashing as instructed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13894.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next