Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Hisense u989 Pro - No OS installed
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Hisense u989 Pro - No OS installed

[Please help] Hisense u989 Pro - No OS installed

jsinn
jsinn
jsinn
16-05-2018, 12:25 AM

Hi,

I have a Hisense u989 pro with a custom recovery installed, I performed a restore from a previous backup. After completed, when wanting to reboot, I saw a msg "No OS installed, leaving the phone connected to my pc and charging via usb, my wife needed a usb cable and unplugged my phone. when I returned some time later the phone was completely dead.  Sad

Some issues: Phone not charging or switching on, cant boot into recovery or fastboot, sp flash tool not detecting phone via usb cable, tried different usb cables, cleaned the micro usb charging port. left phone connected to charger for over 24hrs and still nothing. Im unsure whether it could be the charging port or the battery.

Ive got the hisense u989 pro stock rom, i just need it to switch on. Any advise or assistance to resolve my phone issue will be appreciated

thanking you
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
16-05-2018, 08:49 AM
(16-05-2018, 12:25 AM)jsinn Hi,

I have a Hisense u989 pro with a custom recovery installed, I performed a restore from a previous backup. After completed, when wanting to reboot, I saw a msg "No OS installed, leaving the phone connected to my pc and charging via usb, my wife needed a usb cable and unplugged my phone. when I returned some time later the phone was completely dead.  Sad

Some issues: Phone not charging or switching on, cant boot into recovery or fastboot, sp flash tool not detecting phone via usb cable, tried different usb cables, cleaned the micro usb charging port. left phone connected to charger for over 24hrs and still nothing. Im unsure whether it could be the charging port or the battery.

Ive got the hisense u989 pro stock rom, i just need it to switch on. Any advise or assistance to resolve my phone issue will be appreciated

thanking you

Have you tried a different battery?
This post was last modified: 16-05-2018, 08:49 AM by xerxes.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-05-2018, 01:33 PM
(16-05-2018, 12:25 AM)jsinn Hi,

thanking you

1. What format was the backup you restored? SP flash tool or custom recovery?
2. Have you tried taking out and reinserting the battery?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
jsinn
jsinn
jsinn
20-05-2018, 01:33 AM
.jpg
Led inserted - no charger.jpg
Size: 254.24 KB / Downloads: 2
.jpg
Led inserted - with charger.jpg
Size: 352.04 KB / Downloads: 2
.jpg
Charger disconnected - led on.jpg
Size: 272.94 KB / Downloads: 2

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies... I haven't tried a different battery yet.... went to a repair shop to check for a battery that fits, no luck.... Its a twrp recovery backup. I also tried removing and reinserting the battery several times. Btw can I try any cellphone battery? I tried the following: Removed,phone battery cover and inserted a led between the battery and the charging pins and plugged in the charger, the led switches on. 

Am I correct to assume the battery does receive a charge?  After a couple of minutes, I disconnected the charger and the led remains on for a few minutes 

The question is now, if the battery is receiving charge, why is the charge animation not displaying? Maybe I should leave the phone charging again over night with the led in place. What do you guys suggest?  Anyways see attached pics...

Again thanking you...

This post was last modified: 20-05-2018, 01:34 AM by jsinn.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-05-2018, 11:01 AM

(20-05-2018, 01:33 AM)jsinn Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies... I haven't tried a different battery yet.... went to a repair shop to check for a battery that fits, no luck.... Its a twrp recovery backup. I also tried removing and reinserting the battery several times. Btw can I try any cellphone battery? I tried the following: Removed,phone battery cover and inserted a led between the battery and the charging pins and plugged in the charger, the led switches on. 

Am I correct to assume the battery does receive a charge?  After a couple of minutes, I disconnected the charger and the led remains on for a few minutes 

The question is now, if the battery is receiving charge, why is the charge animation not displaying? Maybe I should leave the phone charging again over night with the led in place. What do you guys suggest?  Anyways see attached pics...

Again thanking you...

What's the phone's chipset? Also, you should try downloading the official firmware and flashing it

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
jsinn
jsinn
jsinn
22-05-2018, 08:16 PM
[quote pid='136947' dateline='1526896915']
[quote pid='136895' dateline='1526776416']
Hi,

Its has the MT6580 chipset, Ive got the official firmware (stock rom), but Sp Flash tool does not recognize the phone in order to flash the firmware. After loading the scatterfile ,clicking download and connecting the phone via usb, nothing happens. left it for sometime still nothing.

anything else I can maybe try,

Regards
Jsinn

What's the phone's chipset? Also, you should try downloading the official firmware and flashing it
[/quote]

[/quote]
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-05-2018, 09:15 PM
(22-05-2018, 08:16 PM)jsinn [quote pid='136947' dateline='1526896915']
[quote pid='136895' dateline='1526776416']
Hi,

Its has the MT6580 chipset, Ive got the official firmware (stock rom), but Sp Flash tool does not recognize the phone in order to flash the firmware. After loading the scatterfile ,clicking download and connecting the phone via usb, nothing happens. left it for sometime still nothing.

anything else I can maybe try,

Regards
Jsinn

Properly install vcom drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
This post was last modified: 22-05-2018, 09:16 PM by xerxes.