Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Gionee E3T bootloop after mtk backup restore
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Gionee E3T bootloop after mtk backup restore

[Please help] Gionee E3T bootloop after mtk backup restore

yktsagero
yktsagero
yktsagero
Enthusiastic Member
30-04-2018, 02:33 PM

I made a backup for gionee e3t Using the guide forum*hovatek*com/thread-468*html (mtk droid tools v2.5) successfully, but then after some time my phone was infected with virus and I decided to restore the backup using sp flash tool, after successful flashing the phone no longer pass boot logo "ELIFE" when powered on it will stay there forever...

pls what did I miss???

Before i post this I have tried:
-reflash my backup with all versions of SP tool (with and without preloader,userdata checked)
-wiping userdata and cache (recovery)
-flash cwm for e3t and wiped dalvic,userdata,cache
-reflash this roms

* firmwarefile*com/gionee-e3t
* needrom*com/download/gionee-e3t/
* I download and flashed the two e3t roms from this Hovatec site
----_-----------
I then read somewhere that it may be unbricked by flashing it with miracle box, multiport download and gsm aladdin, I did that but same result...bootloop

I checked google again and i came across a post indicating that I must flash it after I unlock bootloader through fastboot for this phone to survive, but I tried all key combinations to enter fastboot but I couldn't enter fastboot for this phone

HELP PLS
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
30-04-2018, 03:36 PM
(30-04-2018, 02:33 PM)yktsagero I made a backup for gionee e3t Using the guide forum*hovatek*com/thread-468*html (mtk droid tools v2.5) successfully, but then after some time my phone was infected with virus and I decided to restore the backup using sp flash tool, after successful flashing the phone no longer pass boot logo "ELIFE" when powered on it will stay there forever...

pls what did I miss???

Before i post this I have tried:
-reflash my backup with all versions of SP tool (with and without preloader,userdata checked)
-wiping userdata and cache (recovery)
-flash cwm for e3t and wiped dalvic,userdata,cache
-reflash this roms

* firmwarefile*com/gionee-e3t
* needrom*com/download/gionee-e3t/
* I download and flashed the two e3t roms from this Hovatec site
----_-----------
I then read somewhere that it may be unbricked by flashing it with miracle box, multiport download and gsm aladdin, I did that but same result...bootloop

I checked google again and i came across a post indicating that I must flash it after I unlock bootloader through fastboot for this phone to survive, but I tried all key combinations to enter fastboot but I couldn't enter fastboot for this phone

HELP PLS

Try wiping the phone in recovery after flashing the firmware you backedup. See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-479.html for how to enter recovery mode.
This post was last modified: 30-04-2018, 03:38 PM by xerxes.
yktsagero
yktsagero
yktsagero
Enthusiastic Member
30-04-2018, 04:37 PM
(30-04-2018, 03:36 PM)innagee Try wiping the phone in recovery after flashing the firmware you backedup. See *** for how to enter recovery mode.

Sir I have already mentioned that I hv done that many times...
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
30-04-2018, 05:20 PM
(30-04-2018, 04:37 PM)yktsagero
(30-04-2018, 03:36 PM)innagee Try wiping the phone in recovery after flashing the firmware you backedup. See *** for how to enter recovery mode.

What was the phone's original build no.? 
Did you try the firmware(s) @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html
yktsagero
yktsagero
yktsagero
Enthusiastic Member
30-04-2018, 06:15 PM

(30-04-2018, 05:20 PM)innagee
(30-04-2018, 04:37 PM)yktsagero

What was the phone's original build no.? 
Did you try the firmware(s) @ http://
I didnt know bcos I didnt check the build no b4 I flash the phone

I have tried those roms as I mentioned....
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-04-2018, 07:12 PM
(30-04-2018, 06:15 PM)yktsagero I didnt know bcos I didnt check the build no b4 I flash the phone

its either the backup you made somehow got corrupted and the firmwares you have don't match the phone's build number OR the emmc chip on the device is faulty

unpack the system.img from the backup and firmwares you have using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html
then open Build.prop using Notepad++ and check "ro.build.display.id"

lets know if there is any firmware that has the same build number as the backup you made from your phone
yktsagero
yktsagero
yktsagero
Enthusiastic Member
30-04-2018, 08:03 PM
(30-04-2018, 07:12 PM)X3non
(30-04-2018, 06:15 PM)yktsagero I didnt know bcos I didnt check the build no b4 I flash the phone

its either the backup you made somehow got corrupted and the firmwares you have don't match the phone's build number OR the emmc chip on the device is faulty

unpack the system.img from the backup and firmwares you have using ....

lets know if there is any firmware that has the same build number as the backup you made from your phone

Ok I will try it now

I will notify when done
yktsagero
yktsagero
yktsagero
Enthusiastic Member
02-05-2018, 12:55 AM
(30-04-2018, 07:12 PM)X3non

unpack the system.img from the backup and firmwares you have using

actually I CHECKED the build and found something like ...sv1.2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-05-2018, 03:02 PM
(02-05-2018, 12:55 AM)yktsagero actually I CHECKED the build and found something like ...sv1.2

post the full build number of you backup and the other firmwares you downloaded
yktsagero
yktsagero
yktsagero
Enthusiastic Member
09-05-2018, 10:33 PM

Sir I realized all the firmwares I have been trying are not for the phone, bcos my own is cloned of the original e3, now I am trying to borrow same model as mine from a friend and backup it then restore (flash) the backup on mine...

{EDIT}
problem solved. thanks you all guys