Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] RECOVERY FOR BUILD NUMBER MRA58K TEST-KEYS ANDROID 6.0
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] RECOVERY FOR BUILD NUMBER MRA58K TEST-KEYS ANDROID 6.0

[Please help] RECOVERY FOR BUILD NUMBER MRA58K TEST-KEYS ANDROID 6.0

Emeka Osuji
Emeka Osuji
Emeka Osuji
Enthusiastic Member
19-04-2018, 08:48 PM

Admin, I need help sourcing a working custom or stock recovery (preferably custom) for my device, an unbranded Android version 6.0 phone. The build number is MRA58K TEST-KEYS, and the custom build version is ZAW1501_999C_V0_0_D. The phone model is ZAW1501_C.

I bricked my device while I was following the instructions provided in thread-17157 to try to root my device. I got this error on the Flash Tool

ERROR: S_SECURITY_USB_DL_DA_RETURN_INVALID_TYPE (6104), MSP
ERROR CODE: 0x00

My device didn't come up again. I plugged it to my computer though and heard the connection sound, but it won't light up. My phone has the same android version and build number as shakmalik89, MRA58k test-keys .

I looked up in the forum for the meaning of the error code. I changed the connection option in the Flash Tool and attempted to flash the recovery file again. This time it came up with this error message

ERROR: S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTING_FAIL_(0x13BE)
[EMI] Obtain DRAM Failed

So now my phone won't come back on. I'm sure I could fix it if I had a more appropriate recovery file. I really need your help here. I'd really really appreciate it.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-04-2018, 10:17 AM
(19-04-2018, 08:48 PM)Emeka Osuji Admin, I need help sourcing a working custom or stock recovery (preferably custom) for my device, an unbranded Android version 6.0 phone. The build number is MRA58K TEST-KEYS, and the custom build version is ZAW1501_999C_V0_0_D. The phone model is ZAW1501_C.

I bricked my device while I was following the instructions provided in thread-17157 to try to root my device. I got this error on the Flash Tool

My device didn't come up again. I plugged it to my computer though and heard the connection sound, but it won't light up. My phone has the same android version and build number as shakmalik89, MRA58k test-keys .

I looked up in the forum for the meaning of the error code. I changed the connection option in the Flash Tool and attempted to flash the recovery file again. This time it came up with this error message

[EMI] Obtain DRAM Failed

So now my phone won't come back on. I'm sure I could fix it if I had a more appropriate recovery file. I really need your help here. I'd really really appreciate it.

Even if you did get a recovery.img (stock or custom), its unlikely to fix your current issue
Since your phone went dead after an error message, I presume flashing didn't even begin.
Follow the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html to revive your phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Emeka Osuji
Emeka Osuji
Emeka Osuji
Enthusiastic Member
20-04-2018, 11:06 AM
(20-04-2018, 10:17 AM)hovatek
(19-04-2018, 08:48 PM)Emeka Osuji Admin, I need help sourcing a working custom or stock recovery (preferably custom) for my device, an unbranded Android version 6.0 phone. The build number is MRA58K TEST-KEYS, and the custom build version is ZAW1501_999C_V0_0_D. The phone model is ZAW1501_C.

[EMI] Obtain DRAM Failed

Even if you did get a recovery.img (stock or custom), its unlikely to fix your current issue
Since your phone went dead after an error message, I presume flashing didn't even begin.
Follow the guide at link to revive your phone

Thanks a lot for responding.

Actually, this is what happened. The first flash attempt I did, it came up with a dialogue box that suggested I select FORMAT+DOWNLOAD as against the DOWNLOAD alone which I had selected. So, I selected the suggestion and flashed again. The red format bar came and showed 100%. Then the yellow download bar came, got to the end and then this error message popped up

After I read the thread that explains the Flash Tool error messages and possible solutions, I followed the guide to change the connection option on the Flash Tool. After doing this. I attempted to flash again. The yellow bar came and then the second error message popped up

[EMI] Obtain DRAM Failed

It was after this that I tried to boot up my phone and it didn't come on. So I don't know if the flashing actually occurred, you could probably advise me on that. But I've read the suggestion in the thread you referred to in your reply. My phone is now plugged to my computer. It's been making connection and disconnection sounds intermittently, but the red charging light on the phone is still on.

I'd be very grateful for your guidance. 
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-04-2018, 03:27 PM
(20-04-2018, 11:06 AM)Emeka Osuji Thanks a lot for responding.

Actually, this is what happened. The first flash attempt I did, it came up with a dialogue box that suggested I select FORMAT+DOWNLOAD as against the DOWNLOAD alone which I had selected. So, I selected the suggestion and flashed again. The red format bar came and showed 100%. Then the yellow download bar came, got to the end and then this error message popped up

if you selected format all + download, then after the initial red line bar you should see a green [formatting] then purple line bar [download bootloader] before the yellow
if you got to yellow then its likely format was successful but download failed, you'll need to flash full stock rom
do you have access to a working phone same model as the bricked one? OR
did you by any chance make a firmware backup before trying to root?
This post was last modified: 20-04-2018, 03:31 PM by X3non.
Emeka Osuji
Emeka Osuji
Emeka Osuji
Enthusiastic Member
20-04-2018, 03:53 PM

(20-04-2018, 03:27 PM)X3non
(20-04-2018, 11:06 AM)Emeka Osuji Thanks a lot for responding.

if you selected format all + download, then after the initial red line bar you should see a green [formatting] then purple line bar [download bootloader] before the yellow
if you got to yellow then its likely format was successful but download failed, you'll need to flash full stock rom
do you have access to a working phone same model as the bricked one? OR
did you by any chance make a firmware backup before trying to root?

I was trying to flash a Philz custom recovery I found on a Hovatek thread, thread-17157.

I don't know how to do a firmware backup, so I don't have a backup unfortunately. The device is unbranded. I needed an inexpensive phone to replace my damaged Innjoo. I'm afraid I may not have access to a working phone same model. I have been looking for possible stock roms for MRA58k test-keys in filesrom.com, but I don't know how to determine which one will be compatible with my device. What other options do I have, please?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-04-2018, 07:11 PM
(20-04-2018, 03:53 PM)Emeka Osuji I was trying to flash a Philz custom recovery I found on a Hovatek thread, thread-17157.

I don't know how to do a firmware backup, so I don't have a backup unfortunately. The device is unbranded. I needed an inexpensive phone to replace my damaged Innjoo. I'm afraid I may not have access to a working phone same model. I have been looking for possible stock roms for MRA58k test-keys in filesrom.com, but I don't know how to determine which one will be compatible with my device. What other options do I have, please?

there is no way of telling if a rom will work or not until you've actually tried and note that randomly flashing any rom might lead to a totally dead device
its best you look for a working device same model as yours but if you want to take the risk and try random roms with the same chipset as yours
then best you make a firmware backup before trying any roms; backup in scatter file format using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html