Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TWRP recovery
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] TWRP recovery

[Please help] TWRP recovery

prakash gurung
prakash gurung
prakash gurung
Enthusiastic Member
26-03-2018, 08:20 PM

I am trying for days to flash twrp onto my device using the twrp porter tool for mtk devices provided in this site.i ported twrp successfully ,and everything up till the flashing part seems to go well but when i boot my device to recovery the stock recovery is still there.
This post was last modified: 26-03-2018, 08:25 PM by prakash gurung.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-03-2018, 10:21 PM
(26-03-2018, 08:20 PM)prakash gurung I am trying for days to flash twrp onto my device using the twrp porter tool for mtk devices provided in this site.i ported twrp successfully ,and everything up till the flashing part seems to go well but when i boot my device to recovery the stock recovery is still there.

What's the phone's chipset?
Try flashing the ported recovery 3 consecutive times.
prakash gurung
prakash gurung
prakash gurung
Enthusiastic Member
27-03-2018, 04:25 AM
(26-03-2018, 08:20 PM)prakash gurung I am trying for days to flash twrp onto my device using the twrp porter tool for mtk devices provided in this site.i ported twrp successfully ,and everything up till the flashing part seems to go well but when i boot my device to recovery the stock recovery is still there.

(26-03-2018, 10:21 PM)innagee

The chipset is m6735 and the android version is 6.0 .and i have tried three consecutive times and booted to recovery.it didn't work.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-03-2018, 10:29 AM
(27-03-2018, 04:25 AM)prakash gurung
(26-03-2018, 08:20 PM)prakash gurung I am trying for days to flash twrp onto my device using the twrp porter tool for mtk devices provided in this site.i ported twrp successfully ,and everything up till the flashing part seems to go well but when i boot my device to recovery the stock recovery is still there.

(26-03-2018, 10:21 PM)innagee
(26-03-2018, 08:20 PM)prakash gurung I am trying for days to flash twrp onto my device using the twrp porter tool for mtk devices provided in this site.i ported twrp successfully ,and everything up till the flashing part seems to go well but when i boot my device to recovery the stock recovery is still there.

The chipset is m6735 and the android version is 6.0 .and i have tried three consecutive times and booted to recovery.it didn't work.

Try porting philz using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-03-2018, 04:56 PM

(27-03-2018, 04:25 AM)prakash gurung The chipset is m6735 and the android version is 6.0 .and i have tried three consecutive times and booted to recovery.it didn't work.

also, where or how did you get the recovery.img you used for porting the custom recovery?
prakash gurung
prakash gurung
prakash gurung
Enthusiastic Member
28-03-2018, 03:23 AM

(27-03-2018, 04:56 PM)X3non
(27-03-2018, 04:25 AM)prakash gurung The chipset is m6735 and the android version is 6.0 .and i have tried three consecutive times and booted to recovery.it didn't work.

also, where or how did you get the recovery.img you used for porting the custom recovery?

I got it from the backup that i did using miracle box.also the flashing was done using miracle box only.i also changed the file extension to .img while doing the porting and back to .bin while flashing the device.i don't know where i could have gone wrong.
I tried the philz recovery-same result,still in stock recovery
This post was last modified: 28-03-2018, 07:02 AM by prakash gurung.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-03-2018, 12:18 PM
(28-03-2018, 03:23 AM)prakash gurung I got it from the backup that i did using miracle box.also the flashing was done using miracle box only.i also changed the file extension to .img while doing the porting and back to .bin while flashing the device.i don't know where i could have gone wrong.

1. I hope you're booting straight into recovery mode after flashing and not booting up first.
2. Did you update the phone or flaash another firmware after making the backup? Anything that might have caused your backup to be different from your current firmware
3. Is your phone's Bootloader unlocked?
This post was last modified: 28-03-2018, 12:23 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
prakash gurung
prakash gurung
prakash gurung
Enthusiastic Member
28-03-2018, 03:44 PM
(28-03-2018, 12:18 PM)hovatek
(28-03-2018, 03:23 AM)prakash gurung I got it from the backup that i did using miracle box.also the flashing was done using miracle box only.i also changed the file extension to .img while doing the porting and back to .bin while flashing the device.i don't know where i could have gone wrong.

1. I hope you're booting straight into recovery mode after flashing and not booting up first.
2. Did you update the phone or flaash another firmware after making the backup? Anything that might have caused your backup to be different from your current firmware
3. Is your phone's Bootloader unlocked?

1.sorry i forgot to mention before,but the device fails to boot to recovery right after flashing it.i press the right keys and it seems like its booting to recovery but it skips and boots up fully.so i switch it off and only then i am able to boot it to recovery
2.no, i haven't updated or flashed another firmware
3.im not sure but i think the boot loader is locked.in the developer settings,i have turned on an option which says 'allow the bootloader to be unlocked'.but i dont know what it does.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-03-2018, 07:19 PM
(28-03-2018, 03:44 PM)prakash gurung 1.sorry i forgot to mention before,but the device fails to boot to recovery right after flashing it.i press the right keys and it seems like its booting to recovery but it skips and boots up fully.so i switch it off and only then i am able to boot it to recovery
3.im not sure but i think the boot loader is locked.in the developer settings,i have turned on an option which says 'allow the bootloader to be unlocked'.but i dont know what it does.

State the phone's model, build no. and android version.
Zip and upload the stock recovery and scatter file to cloud (e.g. google drive) and drop the link.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-03-2018, 02:11 PM

(28-03-2018, 03:44 PM)prakash gurung 1.sorry i forgot to mention before,but the device fails to boot to recovery right after flashing it.i press the right keys and it seems like its booting to recovery but it skips and boots up fully.so i switch it off and only then i am able to boot it to recovery

It seems the recovery isn't compatible with your device.
do as @innagee has asked
BTW, try Philz porter at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html
This post was last modified: 29-03-2018, 02:12 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.