Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 QLM to write IMEI to Qualcomm
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 QLM to write IMEI to Qualcomm

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 QLM to write IMEI to Qualcomm

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-03-2018, 06:18 PM

This guide will explain how to write IMEI to a Qualcomm Android phone using Infinity Chinese Miracle II Qualcomm module + dongle. If your device has a null or invalid IMEI then it might not be able to detect signal, make or receive calls.

Requirements

Steps to write IMEI to a Qualcomm Android device using Infinity Box CM II QLM

Follow the steps below to write IMEI to Qualcomm using Infinity CM2 dongle

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/bcT83tyZrw0

1. Connect the phone to the PC (via a USB cord) while powered on with Diag Mode enabled. You should have an entry like Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 901D in device manager

[Image: How-to-backup-write-QCN-to-a-Qualcomm-An...-QLM-1.jpg]

2. Launch Infinity Box CM2 QLM

[Image: How-to-backup-write-QCN-to-a-Qualcomm-An...-QLM-2.jpg]

3. Under Repair [Diag] in the Service tab, tick the box(es) for the IMEI(s) you wish to write

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Qualcomm-Android-...-QLM-1.jpg]

4. Input the first 14 digits of the IMEI(s), the tool will automatically append the 15th

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Qualcomm-Android-...-QLM-2.jpg]

5. Click Repair

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Qualcomm-Android-...-QLM-3.jpg]

6. The tool should start writing IMEI and you'll get a done message once IMEI write is complete. Reboot the phone

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Qualcomm-Android-...-QLM-4.jpg]

Important Notice
  • Infinity CM II ideally requires a hardware dongle to work so just installing the module's setup and running won't work
  • If you are using a loader version (no dongle required) then your antivirus might flag it. You are responsible for your decision to heed or ingore
  • This tutorial only explains how to write IMEI. You are entirely responsible for what IMEI you write
  • The tool writes IMEI you supply and helps check the validity of the IMEI
  • Ensure the device has a valid baseband before going ahead to write IMEI. If baseband is unknown then reflash the firmware to regain it

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to write IMEI to a Qualcomm Android device using infinity box Chinese Miracle 2 Qualcomm module. You need to have set up the dongle, we have a guide on how to do that. You need to have installed drivers, you need to have rooted the phone, you need to boot the phone into diagnostic mode. We have a guide for that. Of course you need to have the IMEI which you intend to write you also need to have installed ADB on the PC.

Now, once you've done these, what You'll want to do is to launch in the Infinity box CM II Qualcomm module. It usually takes a while to come up. Now, the reason why you have to root is because you need root to boot into diagnostic mode. Great! so now what You'll want to do here is to tick any box depending on
how many IMEIs you want to write.

I'm going to be writing just one IMEI so I'll just tick the first box. I'll untick the second. Now, you copy the first 14 digits of your IMEI. Although it's 15, copy the first 14, that's all that is needed. The tool is going to add the last one automatically and then you paste it into the field for the IMEI you want to write (I'll paste) and click on Repair. Now, the phone should be connected while powered on in Diagnostic mode so that the tool can detect it.

My phone is connected, its in diagnostic mode and it's powered on so the tool is writing IMEI. Okay! Good! that's
done. So that's how to write IMEI to a Qualcomm Android device using Chinese miracle 2 Qualcomm module
This post was last modified: 28-09-2018, 08:23 PM by X3non.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.