Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno phonepad 3 bricked after flashing rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno phonepad 3 bricked after flashing rom

[Please help] Tecno phonepad 3 bricked after flashing rom

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
olak
olak
olak
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2018, 08:53 AM

Hello hovatek fans,

please help  Sad  Sad  Sad ,  i need assisatance with my tecno phonepad.

I wanted to flash a custom recovery and then root the phone, but in order not to get any issues i first off all search for the STOCK ROM online but i could not find any. So i decided to look for a way to extract it from my phone using miracle box and following the procedures here.

It dump the rom without any error.

So, later on i found this thread for readback of rom from phone with spflash tool so decieded to also do he sptool backup which requires the Phone rom scatter file, but i tried using Mtk droid tool to get it but without any success. So i tried using the scatter file from the Miracle box backup but it failed to readback, so i use d name "MT6735_Android_scatter.txt" of the scatter file to search online which i now think is wrong.

open the the scatter file i got online and compared it to that created by Miracle box and i checked all the details for the first few partitions and the matched i failled to look at the details for system.img, userdata, cache.img and some other partitions.
I  used the scatter i got on line to readback the the rom from the phone without any error.

So in the process of flashing custom recovery and rooting the phone, it enter into a bootloop.
i did a factory reset but the phone still does not boot, so decided to use the backup/readback i made with spflash tool to flash the phone using "download only" option, but  got a "PMT error" so i tried the the "format all+download" option and the process completed.
but the phone just switch on remains in the tecno boot screen for server minuets. i the tried the Miracle box dump to format he phone but i it starts the process and completes it within 5 seconds which indicated the noting was transferred to the phone event after i ticked all the partitions because the size of the dump folder was about 14GB so the time it took was too short. After several attempts with the same result miracle box no longer detects the phone, but the phone switch on and remains in boot screen.

so went back to compare the Miracle box dump scatter file and the scatter file i got from online and discovered that some other partitions i did not check earlier did not match in terms of  "physical_start_add" and "partition_size".

i think the some of the partitions that match in both scatter files are intact which includes recovery because it could boot into stock recovery. But some other partitions might be messed up.

i decided not to try any other flashing procedure because the situation is now beyond me.

i used spflash tool to do a readback from the phone entire phone in one file and the size of the dump(ROM_1) was  9.67GB i.e    with length extending to the userdata partition.

i also did a memory test

Please i need help on what to do next.  Sad

if you are using the same phone please and you have the rom backup, please assist me.

This is the phone   Info:
 id :  PP7FPro-PA03A1-M-170509V53
 version:6.0
 model:TECNO PhonePad 3

i have attached both scatter files and the result of the memory test.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2018, 08:56 AM by olak.
Attached Files
.txt
Memory Detection Report.txt
Size: 1.32 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2018, 12:33 PM
(06-03-2018, 08:53 AM)olak Hello hovatek fans,

You just triggered an overlap issue, you should have resorted to the Miracle Box backup first before SP flash tool dump.
I believe you can still fix the phone, just need to make good decisions from this point.
Use the tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html and your stock recovery.img to port Philz recovery then flash the recovery to the phone.
let me know if the phone is able to boot into Philz recovery mode
This post was last modified: 06-03-2018, 12:36 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
olak
olak
olak
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2018, 01:00 PM
thank you for replying,

i just ported the recovery now and tried to flash it in fastboot mode but i gives an error

Code:

target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending 'recovery' (9620 KB)...
OKAY [  0.938s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: download for partition 'recovery' is not allowed
)
finished. total time: 0.953s
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-03-2018, 04:00 PM
(06-03-2018, 01:00 PM)olak thank you for replying,

i just ported the recovery now and tried to flash it in fastboot mode but i gives an error

unlock the bootloader; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html 
when you successfully unlock the bootloader, first try flashing the system.bin you got from miracle box dump [rename system.bin to system.img]
if successful, then boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset and see if the device boots to homescreen if it doesn't then proceed with flashing Philz 

PS: zip and upload pgpt.bin file from your miracle box dump then post the download link here
olak
olak
olak
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2018, 04:26 PM

(06-03-2018, 04:00 PM)X3non
(06-03-2018, 01:00 PM)olak thank you for replying,

unlock the bootloader; see  
when you successfully unlock the bootloader, first try flashing the system.bin you got from miracle box dump [rename system.bin to system.img]
if successful, then boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset and see if the device boots to homescreen if it doesn't then proceed with flashing Philz 

PS: zip and upload pgpt.bin file from your miracle box dump then post the download link here

i follow the procedure in thread except the step "Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking (if available)" which i am unable to do since he phone does not boot.

The process fails to unlock he bootloader
Code:

unlock failed returning to fastboot....

Alhough before i got bricked i was able to unlock the boot loader.

if have attached the pgpt.bin file
Attached Files
.zip
pgpt.zip
Size: 1.02 KB / Downloads: 4
olak
olak
olak
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2018, 09:54 AM
(06-03-2018, 12:33 PM)hovatek
(06-03-2018, 08:53 AM)olak Hello hovatek fans,

You just triggered an overlap issue, you should have resorted to the Miracle Box backup first before SP flash tool dump.
I believe you can still fix the phone, just need to make good decisions from this point.
Use the tool at www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html and your stock recovery.img to port Philz recovery then flash the recovery to the phone.
let me know if the phone is able to boot into Philz recovery mode

Guys, please help the is still lying bricked.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2018, 09:55 AM
(06-03-2018, 04:26 PM)olak i follow the procedure in thread except the step "Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking (if available)" which i am unable to do since he phone does not boot.

Code:

Flash the Philz using SP flash tool . You can use that scatter file but flash only recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
olak
olak
olak
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2018, 09:59 AM
ok thanks, ill try that right now.
olak
olak
olak
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2018, 10:52 AM
(07-03-2018, 09:55 AM)hovatek
(06-03-2018, 04:26 PM)olak i follow the procedure in thread except the step "Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking (if available)" which i am unable to do since he phone does not boot.

Code:

Flash the Philz using SP flash tool . You can use that scatter file but flash only recovery
SIr, i was able to port and flash the recovery, but when i try to boot to it the phone just reboots and remains in boot screen.
This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 10:53 AM by olak.
olak
olak
olak
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2018, 12:09 PM

I repeated the porting and flashing of d custom recovery again but It gave same result.
The phone stay on for long and was getting warm, So flashed the stock recovery back and it boot to it successfully and i shut down d phone from there to save battery.

I have uploaded a copy of the stock recovery and this is the link

drive.google.com/file/d/1955OtUx1SnR6oSUR6BEAkoUBDHiutJJr/view?usp=drivesdk
Pages (2): 1 2 Next