Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to boot into recovery mode on Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) devices
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to boot into recovery mode on Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) devices

[Tutorial] How to boot into recovery mode on Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) devices

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-03-2015, 11:28 PM

This is a step-by-step guide on how to boot into recovery mode on a Spreadtrum (SPD) Android device. Booting into recovery mode on a Spreadtrum Android (e.g Itel, Innjoo etc) phone is different from the technique used on MTK phones like Tecno, Gionee, Innjoo, Infinix etc.

Steps to boot into recovery mode on a Spreadtrum Android phone

Follow the steps below to successfully boot into recovery mode on Spreadtrum devices

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/Gv1ax36uRgk

1. Switch off the phone
  2. Press and hold the Power button
  3. Press and hold the Volume decrease (Volume -) button
  4. Immediately you see the Itel boot animation, release both buttons (Power & Volume)
  5. You should see a green Android lying on its back. 
  6. Press the Volume increase button to proceed to recovery mode
  7. You should now be in recovery mode
  8. Use volume buttons to navigate and power button to select

[Image: how-to-enter-recovery-mode-on-itel-phones.jpg]

Important Notice
  • On some Spreadtrum phones like the Innjoo Halo, you press Volume  increase or + instead of Volume decrease or -
  • If you're stuck at No Command with an Android on its back, Press Power button + Volume up (increase) button then release both. That should get you into recovery mode
  •  Above is a red-scaled snapshot of an Itel 1452 in recovery mode (Note that this isn't the original color)
  • On some devices, the boot combo changes when you switch from stock recovery to a custom recovery (i.e it could be volume down when on stock recovery but volume up when on custom recovery)
  • Its important you're able to distinguish between stock and custom recovery. The screenshot above is that of a stock recovery
  • If you have trouble booting into recovery mode using button combo then consider booting into recovery mode using ADB
  • You can also boot into recovery via adb using
    Code:

adb reboot recovery

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to boot into recovery mode on a Spreadtrum Android phone I have here with me a Spreadtrum (Itel) phone. Now, booting into recovery mode on a Spreadtrum phone is pretty much like doing the same on a Mediatek phone only that the button combination is different. For a Mediatek phone, you boot into recovery mode using Volume up (first) and power button But for a Spreadtrum phone, you start with power button then any of the volume buttons you'll be using.

With a Spreadtrum phone, there's a little bit of an anomaly in the technique. For some Spreadtrum phones, you boot using power first and volume down. While for some you boot using power first and volume up. It varies. Even within the same Spreadtrum phone, you can find that when you're running on stock recovery you boot using power & volume up. But when you flash a custom recovery, it switches to power & volume down.

You'll need to try both. I'll be showing you how to boot this particular phone into (custom) recovery. First off, you'll need to power off the phone. At this point, hold the power button first then next will be the volume down button. Once it shows this logo, you need to release both buttons immediately It'll boot into recovery. [recap]

So that's how to boot into recovery mode on a Spreadtrum Android phone
This post was last modified: 30-03-2021, 08:24 AM by X3non.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gaddafi112
gaddafi112
gaddafi112
07-07-2015, 04:00 AM
i have tried to wipe it several time but it stock on itel logo...
gaddafi112
gaddafi112
gaddafi112
07-07-2015, 04:05 AM
i did that but still it refuse to boot
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2015, 11:25 AM
(07-07-2015, 04:00 AM)gaddafi112 i have tried to wipe it several time but it stock on itel logo...

create a new thread so we focus on this

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
samtobi042
samtobi042
samtobi042
Techie Member
15-08-2015, 09:07 AM

(07-07-2015, 11:25 AM)hovatek
(07-07-2015, 04:00 AM)gaddafi112 i have tried to wipe it several time but it stock on itel logo...

create a new thread so we focus on this

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

ITEL1500 does not boot into recovery mode after combination of those buttons.
The GREEN ANDROID LOGO shows and nothing happens afterwards.
bestman
bestman
bestman
15-08-2015, 10:06 AM
thanks man it works on it1403
Greatest
Greatest
Greatest
Enthusiastic Member
14-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Will this work on my itel it1701 inote prime is a tablet there is no unplugging an slotting in the battery and more over when it got bricked there was no key combination I didn't try to boot to recovery mode and none worked
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-12-2015, 11:08 AM
(14-12-2015, 09:41 PM)Greatest Will this work on my itel it1701 inote prime is a tablet there is no unplugging an slotting in the battery and more over when it got bricked there was no key combination I didn't try to boot to recovery mode and none worked

it should work

Note!
Isabab
Isabab
Isabab
08-02-2016, 08:43 AM
ITEL 1353 DId not boot into recovery mode,what can i do please
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-02-2016, 11:08 AM

(08-02-2016, 08:43 AM)Isabab ITEL 1353 DId not boot into recovery mode,what can i do please

What's wrong with the phone?

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next