Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] tecno Phantom Pad II ad / malware problems
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] tecno Phantom Pad II ad / malware problems

[Please help] tecno Phantom Pad II ad / malware problems

Tracie
Tracie
Tracie
Enthusiastic Member
08-01-2018, 07:42 AM

Hello,
I have been experiencing a very annoying situation with my tecno g9 whereby upon turning on my data services, an ad comes up and blocks the entire screen. These ads are impenetrable, they do not close or allow any access to do anything else on my screen. I have to reboot my device before I am able to even see my screen again. Please, I had issues with the SD card and storage initially and I got that fixed by a reputable phone repair man, I assumed this ad issue was a virus that would also be cleared when he 'flashed' the device.
I am not sure how to attach screenshots of some of the ads.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-01-2018, 01:23 PM
(08-01-2018, 07:42 AM)Tracie Hello,
I have been experiencing a very annoying situation with my tecno g9 whereby upon turning on my data services, an ad comes up and blocks the entire screen. These ads are impenetrable, they do not close or allow any access to do anything else on my screen. I have to reboot my device before I am able to even see my screen again. Please, I had issues with the SD card and storage initially and I got that fixed by a reputable phone repair man, I assumed this ad issue was a virus that would also be cleared when he 'flashed' the device.

That's Malware.
First, take note of your Build Number (screenshot) under Settings > About > Build Number
Next, download the full firmware at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19347.html and flash using SP flash tool (firmware upgrade) at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-01-2018, 01:29 PM

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-remo...oid-phone/
Tracie
Tracie
Tracie
Enthusiastic Member
10-01-2018, 04:54 AM

Hi, thank you. I'm not a tech person at all, so I have no idea what your instructions mean. I have however, solved my problem (I think). I simply installed avast antivirus and a scan showed me a strange app responsible for the malware. Deletion yesterday resulted in me not having seen one pesky ad. Thanks for your assist.