Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to get ADB to detect a Unisoc / Spreadtrum Android phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to get ADB to detect a Unisoc / Spreadtrum Android phone

[Tutorial] How to get ADB to detect a Unisoc / Spreadtrum Android phone

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-03-2015, 07:12 PM

Ideally, ADB should be able to detect your Spreadtrum Android device once installed. This however isn't always the case and this guide will explain what to do when confronted with such an issue.

Requirements

• PC
  • Setup ADB on the PC
  • USB cord
  • Spreadtrum phone

Steps to get ADB to detect a Spreadtrum Android phone

Follow the steps below to get ADB to detect your Spreadtrum (SPD) device

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/aj4XY48Kb80

1. Enable USB debugging on the phone
  2. Go to My Computer > C: > Users > Your_windows_user > .android 
  3. You'll find a file named adb_usb.ini . Open it using note pad (if you can't find it then download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1281 and copy it to the location)
  4. Add the code below on a new line (it is the Vendor ID for Spreadtrum)

Code:

0x1782

5. Save the file
  6. Launch ADB and connect the phone to the PC via USB cord

7. Type the code below then press Enter

Code:

adb devices

8. You'll likely get a response as shown in the image below

[Image: make-adb-detect-a-spreadtrum-phone-1.jpg]

9. If ADB doesn't detect the device then untick Media device (MTP) on the phone (under USB computer connection when you slide down the notification bar) when you connect
  10. The above response is because you've not granted the PC permission to communicate with the phone via ADB
  11. On the phone, tick Always allow from this computer then click OK

[Image: make-adb-detect-spreatrum-phones.png]

12. Run the command below again in adb then press Enter

Code:

adb devices

13. The phone should now be detected as active

[Image: make-adb-detect-spreatrum-phone-2.jpg]

14. If you dont get the prompt on the phone then type the command below and press Enter before you try the above command again

Code:

adb kill-server

Important Notice
  • Ensure to download the latest platform tools
  • Some tools require both ADB and SCi drivers so install Spreadtrum SCi USB drivers should you need to
  • Sometimes, ADB is unable to detect your device because you're using an old version. Ensure you have the latest version
  • You don't launch ADB by double-clicking the exe. To launch ADB; Open the ADB folder > Hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard > While holding SHIFT, right-click on an empty space in the ADB folder > Select Open command window here
This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 04:35 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Christianihechi
Techie Member
24-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Please i cant find the file usb.ini on my pc. Is it that something is missing? I have done the necessary installation.
Enigma
Enigma
Enigma
Team Hovatek
24-05-2015, 04:20 PM
(24-05-2015, 02:51 PM)Christianihechi Please i cant find the file usb.ini on my pc. Is it that something is missing? I have done the necessary installation.

Did you setup adb using the guide @ the link above?

Sent from my Samsung S5 using Hovatek mobile

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
One *Star
One *Star
One *Star
26-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Helllo Hovatek, I edited the file and added 0x1782 but yet still adb doesn't detect my phone. What I'm I doing wrong? I don't even get the prompt command from the phone when I type adb kill-server

Sent from my itel_it1503 using Tapatalk
This post was last modified: 26-10-2015, 08:09 PM by One *Star.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-10-2015, 09:30 AM

(26-10-2015, 07:49 PM)One *Star Helllo Hovatek, I edited the file and added 0x1782 but yet still adb doesn't detect my phone. What I'm I doing wrong? I don't even get the prompt command from the phone when I type adb kill-server

Sent from my itel_it1503 using Tapatalk

1. Can adb detect other Android phones? 
2. Did you enable usb debugging on the phone?

Note!
hanson
hanson
hanson
22-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Pls hovateck how to unbrick my spreadrum bricked by ifont
sammyabraziznaz
sammyabraziznaz
sammyabraziznaz
Enthusiastic Member
22-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Hovatek how can i find or create this folder...''.android'' its not in my c:user/username/
I already have downloaded the adb_usb.ini file but cannot find the .android folder to paste it in after editing please sir help me ooooo
This post was last modified: 23-04-2016, 11:12 AM by sammyabraziznaz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-04-2016, 01:40 PM
(22-04-2016, 09:43 PM)hanson Pls hovateck how to unbrick my spreadrum bricked by ifont

create a new thread for this,
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-04-2016, 01:41 PM
(22-04-2016, 09:53 PM)sammyabraziznaz Hovatek how can i find or create this folder...''.android'' its not in my c:user/username/
I already have downloaded the adb_usb.ini file but cannot find the .android folder to paste it in after editing please sir help me ooooo

did you run the adb installer as admin?

Note!
sammyabraziznaz
sammyabraziznaz
sammyabraziznaz
Enthusiastic Member
23-04-2016, 03:14 PM

(23-04-2016, 01:41 PM)hovatek
(22-04-2016, 09:53 PM)sammyabraziznaz Hovatek how can i find or create this folder...''.android'' its not in my c:user/username/
I already have downloaded the adb_usb.ini file  but cannot find the .android folder to paste it in after editing please sir help me ooooo

did you run the adb installer as admin?

Yes i did...
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next