Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Wanting to root a Blu Studio G D790Q on Hovateks for a fresh start
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Wanting to root a Blu Studio G D790Q on Hovateks for a fresh start

Wanting to root a Blu Studio G D790Q on Hovateks for a fresh start

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
amdcora
amdcora
amdcora
Enthusiastic Member
07-12-2017, 09:42 AM

I have been trying to root my device Blu Studio G D790Q and by far instructions from different sites have led me to not a very productive outcome at the moment, I was using windows 10 64 bit laptop and I just wanted to leave everything in there and start over and use my windows 7 64 bit Professional PC but this time with the hopes of getting the right focused support with the complicated device by mediatek.

I have my first experience in flashing a custom rom resurrection remix 7.1.2 to device S3 19305, with this I know by experience how complicated a mediatek device can be to get certain things done.

=======================================================================================

To give an overview of my device here is a screenshot(i figured cant post a link so i just transcribed everything) of my device using MTK droid tools captured on my Windows 10 64 bit laptop

Hardware: MT650M
Model: BLU STUDIO G
Build number: BLU_D790Q_V22_GENERIC
Build date UTC: 20170822-070841
Android v: 6.0
Baseband v: D502_M1_G4_W5_MP_V0.0.7_S170402,2017/04/02 17:35
Kernel v: 3.18.19 (jenkins@80-5)(gcc version 4.8 (GCC)) #2 SMP Tue Aug 22 16:17:16 CST 2017
Uboot build v: ----- should be root shell
LCD Driver IC: ----- should be root shell

as I have learned what was needed to get a root is to first flash a custom recovery which is a dedicated version to the device that you have that would install the SuperSu to root the device, by searching xda forums for what would work I was pointed to CTR 6.6 carliv touch recovery 

**Just to be clear I wanted to try everything fresh on my Windows 7 64bit Professional, actions taken below are all from Windows 7 64bit Professional PC** 

**SP flash tool is easy to find so i have variants of it , if there is a particular version i need to use to make it work please point me to it **

Anyways my current goal is to 
Goal 1. Create a backup of my current rom in case of getting bricked -will be using this tutorial www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html - Success

Goal 2.flashing a compatible custom recovery to D790Q with SP flash tool

what I have done so far, possibly with a question/information at the end of the list preventing me to move forward( ill be updating this list from time to time, if you feel somethings wrong anywhere in this list please let me know)

- D790Q enabled developer options, OEM unlocking, USB debugging  
- disabled driver signature in Win 7 Professional
- downloaded MediaTek USB VCOM drivers from www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html 
- followed note from www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html "If you have access to a working phone of the same model then remove the battery from the working phone and connect to PC via USB cord. Mediatek preloader VCOM drivers should be automatically installed so you can skip the rest of this guide" - did not automatically install MediaTek USB VCOM drivers 
- manually installed MediaTek USB VCOM drivers [ MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port (COM4) appeared under Ports (COM & LPT) ]
- disabled Win 7 automatically installing drivers from windows update
- testing how the D790Q will register on device manager, D790Q was turned OFF with battery ON I attached it to PC and says successfully installed driver for MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port and it started charging
- disconnected device and started downloading Miracle box 2.27A + loader , it is showing a lot of viruses currently being quarantined by my microsoft security essentials should I just ignore it?  - ignored
-turned off real time protection by microsoft security essentials, restored all files but there is one file quarantined and cant be restored, run Miracle box with administrator and start button is grayed out - method 3 worked for missing start button
- proceeding with Miracle box - Success, dumped full firmware with scatter file
- waiting for a compatible custom recovery from hovatek
This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 12:01 AM by amdcora.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-12-2017, 12:35 PM
(07-12-2017, 09:42 AM)amdcora disconnected device and started downloading Miracle box 2.27A + loader , it is showing a lot of viruses currently being quarantined by my microsoft security essentials should I just ignore it? [/b]

Yes, Ignore those warnings.
Once you're done dumping the firmware, zip and upload scatter file and recovery.bin
paste the download link here (you can remove the https://www part)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amdcora
amdcora
amdcora
Enthusiastic Member
07-12-2017, 01:15 PM
the "start" button is missing in there, i found a tutorial somewhere in youtube to make it work to delete handle in registry and edit handle.ini but the location installed of his miracle box is in Program files, do you have any other workaround?

found this for the button issue "www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14815.html" - working on it hope it works
This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 05:58 PM by amdcora.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-12-2017, 04:03 PM
(07-12-2017, 01:15 PM)amdcora the "start" button is missing in there, i found a tutorial somewhere in youtube to make it work to  delete handle in registry and edit handle.ini but the location installed of his miracle box is in Program files, do you have any other workaround?

found this for the button issue "hovatek thread-14815.html" - working on it hope it works

Try the fix(es) @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14815.html 
Start with Method 3 first.
amdcora
amdcora
amdcora
Enthusiastic Member
07-12-2017, 05:49 PM

(07-12-2017, 12:35 PM)hovatek
(07-12-2017, 09:42 AM)amdcora disconnected device and started downloading Miracle box 2.27A + loader , it is showing a lot of viruses currently being quarantined by my microsoft security essentials should I just ignore it? [/b]

Once you're done dumping the firmware, zip and upload scatter file and recovery.bin
paste the download link here 

Alright here is the zip file you requested containing scatter file and recovery.bin

file name: recovery.zip 
uploaded at: ufile.io/umo9w

just let me know what to do next Smile

Hope you can provide a compatible custom recovery for D790Q
This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 11:44 PM by amdcora.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-12-2017, 01:17 AM
(07-12-2017, 05:49 PM)amdcora
(07-12-2017, 12:35 PM)hovatek

paste the download link here 

Alright here is the zip file you requested containing scatter file and recovery.bin

file name: recovery.zip 
uploaded at: ufile.io/umo9w

just let me know what to do next Smile

Hope you can provide a compatible custom recovery for D790Q

Here's Philz for Blu Studio G D790Q @ https://mega.nz/#!kGJA1QwY!ig2pL8t-JkKeK...7rsS32Z9zY
Follow the rooting guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-18063.html but use the Philz recovery for your phone I provided above.
Once rooted, upload a screenshot of root confirmation using root checker @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...heck&hl=en
amdcora
amdcora
amdcora
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2017, 07:38 AM
I am currently resolving a coinminer virus and it might take some time for me to continue on with the flashing. But just to verify do I use the latest SP flash tool for this? or is there a particular version of it that works best for D790Q? I really appreciate this support your'e giving me hovatek team!
This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 08:36 AM by amdcora.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2017, 11:23 AM
(08-12-2017, 07:38 AM)amdcora I am currently resolving a coinminer virus and it might take some time for me to continue on with the flashing. But just to verify do I use the latest SP flash tool for this? or is there a particular version of it that works best for D790Q? I really appreciate this support your'e giving me hovatek team!

You can use the latest version

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amdcora
amdcora
amdcora
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2017, 02:06 PM
@innagee

I tried with SP flash tool and it is not working good for this, I didn't realize it can be done by Miracle box , so I did as you instructed and followed the rooting guide

-copied preloader.bin into the folder which contains the two files you have provided a scatter file and recovery.bin (so 3 files in all)
-opened miracle box, clicked mtk, clicked write, chose dropdown for my device, browse for scatter file< I loaded the one you provided with the recovery.bin, clicked start
-"waiting for usb port" shows, connected phone turned OFF battery IN , then miracle box prompts to flash preloader.bin and recovery.bin, I clicked ok
-it has done the writing and I have a screenshot of the tool successfully finishing the flashing
- I disconnected phone when i press volume up + power it wouldnt show me anything it shows the blu white page and then blank screen while I am still pressing both buttons it goes into a cycle over and over never showing me a recovery, so I let it go it booted up and I turned it off again, tried volume up + power then the stock android recovery showed up

what do you think is the problem here? here is a screenshot  ibb.co/jeXWQG
This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 02:13 PM by amdcora.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-12-2017, 04:20 PM

(08-12-2017, 02:06 PM)amdcora @innagee

I tried with SP flash tool and it is not working good for this, I didn't realize it can be done by Miracle box , so I did as you instructed and followed the rooting guide

-copied preloader.bin into the folder which contains the two files you have provided a scatter file and recovery.bin (so 3 files in all)
-opened miracle box, clicked mtk, clicked write, chose dropdown for my device, browse for scatter file< I loaded the one you provided with the recovery.bin, clicked start
-"waiting for usb port" shows, connected phone turned OFF battery IN , then miracle box prompts to flash preloader.bin and recovery.bin, I clicked ok
-it has done the writing and I have a screenshot of the tool successfully finishing the flashing
- I disconnected phone when i press volume up + power it wouldnt show me anything it shows the blu white page and then blank screen while I am still pressing both buttons it goes into a cycle over and over never showing me a recovery, so I let it go it booted up and I turned it off again, tried volume up + power then the stock android recovery showed up

what do you think is the problem here? here is a screenshot  ibb.co/jeXWQG

Flash the recovery 3 consecutive times before rebooting into recovery.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next