Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Elephone P2000 completely unusable - dead - even after software said successful flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Elephone P2000 completely unusable - dead - even after software said successful flash

[Please help] Elephone P2000 completely unusable - dead - even after software said successful flash

flowerpot
flowerpot
flowerpot
06-12-2017, 01:29 PM

I have an elephone p2000 mobile phone.

It all started when it wouldn't boot up and stayed at the elephone logo.
I decided to flash it with firmware, but I didn't make a backup of my own firmware because, I was
thinking that those files were the stock rom, so I didn't need to do that.
Anyway, when I used the program "sp flash tools" it said that the flashing process completed
successfully.  I got the round bit with O.K.  So, my phone started up o.k. with the android start
up screen for setting up the phone.  everything seemed to be working alright, I could install
programs etc

But when I turned off the phone, it would not start up, completely black, so I decided to flash
it again with firmware.  The program said flashing was successful.  From this point it started to
get worse. I didn't get the android startup screen anymore. The new firmware didn't wipe out the
previous version because I could see the apps that I had installed previously when it was
working.  This happens each and every time I try to flash it with the option "firmware upgrade".  
Also happens with the phone "format" option - doesn't really format it, I can see my apps in
there and the wifi password is in there when I reflash it

So now, I can't format the phone, I cannot install programs - it says "out of space", I cannot
uninstall anything, if I try everything crashes.  All the programs crash i.e. "unfortunately
google services has stopped working" This happens for all the other programs too.

I tried to do a factory reset in the phones recovery menu but that doesn't work.  Only "clear
cache" seems to work.  Resetting the phone doesn't work either.

I tried to unlock the bootloader, but that doesn't work because the volume up key to choose the
"yes" option doesn't work in fastboot mode.

I wanted to install twrp and cwm recovery and rom manager, but I cannot do that, it doesn't work,
I can't install anything.

The options which are supposed to wipe everything don't:  i.e. "write memory", "format whole
flash except bootloader" "format whole flash" "format all + download" "firmware upgrade"  The
program always says that the process has completed successfully, but it doesn't do anything.

I've also tried a different flashing program, still the same problem persists

The phone is basically unusable.  If I try to restart it, it goes completely black and won't
restart.  Sometimes it starts one more time, sometimes three more times, sometimes once, but in
the end the result is the same, it doesn't start anymore.

I have run out of options, does anyone have any more ideas?

I don't want to buy a new phone, because the models that i like don't have a removable battery
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-12-2017, 10:51 PM
(06-12-2017, 01:29 PM)flowerpot I have an elephone p2000 mobile phone.

It all started when it wouldn't boot up and stayed at the elephone logo.
I decided to flash it with firmware, but I didn't make a backup of my own firmware because, I was
thinking that those files were the stock rom, so I didn't need to do that.
Anyway, when I used the program "sp flash tools" it said that the flashing process completed
successfully.  I got the round bit with O.K.  So, my phone started up o.k. with the android start
up screen for setting up the phone.  everything seemed to be working alright, I could install
programs etc

But when I turned off the phone, it would not start up, completely black, so I decided to flash
it again with firmware.  The program said flashing was successful.  From this point it started to
get worse. I didn't get the android startup screen anymore. The new firmware didn't wipe out the
previous version because I could see the apps that I had installed previously when it was
working.  This happens each and every time I try to flash it with the option "firmware upgrade".  
Also happens with the phone "format" option - doesn't really format it, I can see my apps in
there and the wifi password is in there when I reflash it

So now, I can't format the phone, I cannot install programs - it says "out of space", I cannot
uninstall anything, if I try everything crashes.  All the programs crash i.e. "unfortunately
google services has stopped working" This happens for all the other programs too.

I tried to do a factory reset in the phones recovery menu but that doesn't work.  Only "clear
cache" seems to work.  Resetting the phone doesn't work either.

I tried to unlock the bootloader, but that doesn't work because the volume up key to choose the
"yes" option doesn't work in fastboot mode.

I wanted to install twrp and cwm recovery and rom manager, but I cannot do that, it doesn't work,
I can't install anything.

The options which are supposed to wipe everything don't:  i.e. "write memory", "format whole
flash except bootloader" "format whole flash" "format all + download" "firmware upgrade"  The
program always says that the process has completed successfully, but it doesn't do anything.

I've also tried a different flashing program, still the same problem persists

The phone is basically unusable.  If I try to restart it, it goes completely black and won't
restart.  Sometimes it starts one more time, sometimes three more times, sometimes once, but in
the end the result is the same, it doesn't start anymore.

I have run out of options, does anyone have any more ideas?

I don't want to buy a new phone, because the models that i like don't have a removable battery

Its a hardware problem. The emmc chip is bad

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
flowerpot
flowerpot
flowerpot
08-12-2017, 12:26 AM
O.k so, are the mobile phone repair shops in Australia going to charge me a lot of money to repair this specific problem?  I wanted to spend up to $50.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2017, 10:20 AM
(08-12-2017, 12:26 AM)flowerpot O.k so, are the mobile phone repair shops in Australia going to charge me a lot of money to repair this specific problem?  I wanted to spend up to $50.

the emmc chip is a hardware component and it needs to be replaced. I can't give an estimate on the cost for your device.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
flowerpot
flowerpot
flowerpot
09-12-2017, 07:38 AM

(08-12-2017, 12:26 AM)flowerpot I went to 3 different repair shops.  One said:  no we don't do repairs on that model.  The other 2 said we don't have spare parts for that model. One shop quoted from $45 to $60 for repairs.  I'm going to try some more repair shops, see what happens.  I did find an elephone repair shop but it is too far away in another state victoria, so I can't use them.  I will try to find others and ring them up first to see if they repair elephone brand.  But i think I know what they're going to say:  "we don't have the spare parts for that phone"  Well if that's the case the phone goes in the desk until I find someone who is willing to fix it.  What is it with repair people, don't they know how to order parts?  Maybe its too much trouble for them to order, so they don't want to fix it.