Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Phone Displays weird vertical lines
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Phone Displays weird vertical lines

[Please help] My Phone Displays weird vertical lines

ErickWhizzkid
ErickWhizzkid
ErickWhizzkid
06-10-2017, 11:44 AM

I was trying to flash trwp recovery on my Tecno W4, I'm afraid the process got interrupted and hence led to my phone not being able to turn on or show that it is charging except for the red LED on the left corner.

I wasn't able to copy the build number before trying to flash a recovery using sp flash tool hence i had try five different ROMS until one that was able to be flashed on my phone. Now it can be turned on but I'm unable to see anything as it displays strange vertical lines on the screen and sometimes they change colour as I touch on the screen, I have tried flashing different preloader and boot.img but, the problem is still there, please help!!!!
This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 11:48 AM by ErickWhizzkid.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
06-10-2017, 01:03 PM
(06-10-2017, 11:44 AM)ErickWhizzkid I was trying to flash trwp recovery on my Tecno W4, I'm afraid the process got interrupted and hence led to my phone not being able to turn on or show that it is charging except for the red LED on the left corner.

I wasn't able to copy the build number before trying to flash a recovery using sp flash tool hence i had try five different ROMS until one that was able to be flashed on my phone. Now it can be turned on but I'm unable to see anything as it displays strange vertical lines on the screen and sometimes they change colour as I touch on the screen, I have tried flashing different preloader and boot.img but, the problem is still there, please help!!!!

That might be an incompatible lk.bin issue. 
What you need to do is flash a compatible lk.bin using SP flash tool.
Since you don't have your device build no., try all the lk.bin(s) for W4 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19339.html
This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 01:05 PM by xerxes.
ErickWhizzkid
ErickWhizzkid
ErickWhizzkid
06-10-2017, 02:30 PM
I have done that already but none of them worked.. ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-10-2017, 03:31 PM
(06-10-2017, 02:30 PM)ErickWhizzkid I have done that already but none of them worked.. ?

if you've tried every single one of them on the list, then it can only mean yours is of a different build.
and seeing as you didnt take note of your build, it will have to be by trial and error.
you'll need to note down the build number of all you've tried, then either search online for a different rom build OR another W4 with different build to dump the firmware and try.

BTW, you can keep checking the list @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19339.html ; we'll add any new roms we get to the list.