Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Help me with Tecno F8 mtk backup
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Help me with Tecno F8 mtk backup

[Please help] Help me with Tecno F8 mtk backup

maxibrainz
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
Enthusiastic Member
22-03-2015, 05:49 PM

pls can someone help me with the mtk backup of tecno f8, my friends phone is completely bricked does not even power on, so I need the full mtk stock ROM backup of tecno f8 aka (phantom a2 ) to revive my friends phone, the only available backup I downloaded online is not working, the backup i downloaded i guess was gotten from this site, i got this error when i tried flashing the stock rom
Brom error s_da_sdmmc_write_failed(3149)
what is the solution?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-03-2015, 06:24 PM
(22-03-2015, 05:49 PM)maxibrainz pls can someone help me with the mtk backup of tecno f8, my friends phone is completely bricked does not even power on, so I need the full mtk stock ROM backup of tecno f8 aka (phantom a2 ) to revive my friends phone, the only available backup I downloaded online is not working, the backup i downloaded i guess was gotten from this site, i got this error when i tried flashing the stock rom
Brom error s_da_sdmmc_write_failed(3149)
what is the solution?

1. please, confirm that you got the F8 backup from Team Hovatek
2. what version of sp flash tool are you using and have you tried other versions

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
Enthusiastic Member
22-03-2015, 06:39 PM
OK can you pls help me with the download link of the f8 stock rom on your site because when i tried downloading it from your site i was told, i am not authorized to get the file, so help me with a direct download link, i am using SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
Enthusiastic Member
22-03-2015, 06:58 PM
my email is maxibrainz55@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-03-2015, 02:47 AM

(22-03-2015, 06:58 PM)maxibrainz my email is maxibrainz55@gmail.com

granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-03-2015, 03:32 AM
you might also want to read the fix to this sp flash tool error @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

Note!
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
Enthusiastic Member
23-03-2015, 08:24 AM
i have downloaded the ROM i still got same Brom error s_da_sdmmc_write_failed(3149), I have read the solution you posted to this sp flash tool error tried it but still, i still get same error, when i select the scatter file and click download, i am told that not all the images are loaded and this may cause boot problem, that i should click yes if i want to continue. To me it seems the problem is from the ROM
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-03-2015, 09:52 AM
(23-03-2015, 08:24 AM)maxibrainz i have downloaded the ROM i still got same Brom error s_da_sdmmc_write_failed(3149), I have read the solution you posted to this sp flash tool error tried it but  still, i still get same error, when i select the scatter file and click download, i am told that not all the images are loaded and this may cause boot problem, that i should click yes if i want to continue. To me it seems the problem is from the ROM

the ROM is good, has been used to unbrick a number of F8s. 
1. have you tried using different PCs? 
2. how many versions of Sp flash tool have you tried?
3. did you run sp flash tool as admin?

Note!
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
maxibrainz
Enthusiastic Member
23-03-2015, 09:42 PM
i used sp flash tool version 3 and 5 both did not work, yes to the rest questions and i still got same error
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-03-2015, 09:49 AM

(23-03-2015, 09:42 PM)maxibrainz i used sp flash tool version 3 and 5 both did not work, yes to the rest questions and i still got same error

there are three thing that would most likely fix it
1. A backup from another working F8
2. Change PC , USB cord and OS
3. Uninstall then re-install vcom drivers
If none work then its likely a hardware issue

BTW, whats the present condition of the phone?

Note!