Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] I need clarification on these questions.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] I need clarification on these questions.

[Tutorial] I need clarification on these questions.

samseen1
samseen1
samseen1
Techie Member
10-09-2017, 02:37 PM

1. Do stock roms have bootloader in dem
2. Is bootloader the same as aboot.img
3. Is it possible to flash a different bootloader on an hard-bricked phone one is trying to revive. D fone I'm trying to revive has a motherboard vs990 imprinted on it, but running software H900 b4 d hard-bricked. (as in d case of refurbished fone)
Thanks.
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
11-09-2017, 09:31 AM
(10-09-2017, 02:37 PM)samseen1 1. Do stock roms have bootloader in dem
3. Is it possible to flash a different bootloader on an hard-bricked phone one is trying to revive. D fone I'm trying to revive has a motherboard vs990 imprinted on it, but running software H900 b4 d hard-bricked. (as in d case of refurbished fone)
Thanks.

1. No
2. No
3. Please, rephrase

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum
samseen1
samseen1
samseen1
Techie Member
12-09-2017, 04:44 PM
(11-09-2017, 09:31 AM)maxxxiii
(10-09-2017, 02:37 PM)samseen1 1. Do stock roms have bootloader in dem
Thanks.

1. No
2. No
3. Please, rephrase

I bought a refurbished phone, model is H900, wen I upgraded it android 6.0, I couldn't u install apps (n attempt wil restart the phone), I couldn't access security and fingerprint settings as anytime I click it, it closes and say unfortunately com.settings has stopped working. My findings on Xda to solve the problem was that refurbished fones has a different motherboard version to the software version running on it, so not until I flash d real software that correlate with the motherboard version, I won't be able to access that fingerprint & settings. Lo & behold, when I disassemble d fone, what was imprinted on the board is vs990.
So now I forced flashed d vs990 OS to it & it got hard bricked. I'm attempting to revive, but I dnt want to load H900 bootloader to it again. Pls what do u tink I can do?
This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 04:57 PM by samseen1.
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
12-09-2017, 06:04 PM
(12-09-2017, 04:44 PM)samseen1 I bought a refurbished phone, model is H900, wen I upgraded it android 6.0, I couldn't u install apps (n attempt wil restart the phone), I couldn't access security and fingerprint settings as anytime I click it, it closes and say unfortunately com.settings has stopped working. My findings on Xda to solve the problem was that refurbished fones has a different motherboard version to the software version running on it, so not until I flash d real software that correlate with the motherboard version, I won't be able to access that fingerprint & settings. Lo & behold, when I disassemble d fone, what was imprinted on the board is vs990.
So now I forced flashed d vs990 OS to it & it got hard bricked. I'm attempting to revive, but I dnt want to load H900 bootloader to it again. Pls what do u tink I can do?

What do you mean by 'forced flashed'? Was flashing of the vs990 OS successful or it got interrupted by you or an error

samseen1
samseen1
samseen1
Techie Member
12-09-2017, 06:54 PM

(12-09-2017, 06:04 PM)maxxxiii
(12-09-2017, 04:44 PM)samseen1 I bought a refurbished phone, model is H900, wen I upgraded it android 6.0, I couldn't u install apps (n attempt wil restart the phone), I couldn't access security and fingerprint settings as anytime I click it, it closes and say unfortunately com.settings has stopped working. My findings on Xda to solve the problem was that refurbished fones has a different motherboard version to the software version running on it, so not until I flash d real software that correlate with the motherboard version, I won't be able to access that fingerprint & settings. Lo & behold, when I disassemble d fone, what was imprinted on the board is vs990.

What do you mean by 'forced flashed'? Was flashing of the vs990 OS successful or it got interrupted by you or an error

I used LGUP to flash it. LGUP will neva flash it normally cos it's a different version I'm trying to flash. Forced flashed here is that I extracted out d dz from kdz. So I flashed d dz I extracted & it went through. Although I got warning while proceeding that the software I'm trying to flash is having partitions that differs from the current, but I proceeded. It finished the flashing @ 100% & my fone jst went off & neva came back to life.
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
13-09-2017, 09:34 AM
(12-09-2017, 06:54 PM)samseen1 I used LGUP to flash it. LGUP will neva flash it normally cos it's a different version I'm trying to flash. Forced flashed here is that I extracted out d dz from kdz. So I flashed d dz I extracted & it went through. Although I got warning while proceeding that the software I'm trying to flash is having partitions that differs from the current, but I proceeded. It finished the flashing @ 100% & my fone jst went off & neva came back to life.

You should not have done that. You will need to J-Tag the phone. That's Qualcomm for you bro